Final.

I Like You Better As You.

A/N: Self indulgent word vomit because I miss my Chankai and I needed to be cheered up after the recent events with Exo. Hope you guys enjoy! Includes cross-dressing, so if you aren't comfortable with that, please do not read. More notes at the end.

“What the hell, Chanyeol?” Jongin is more surprised than upset if he's being honest.

“Come on Jongin, please?” Chanyeol pouts at him because he needs this almost more than he's ever needed anything from Jongin.

“There's no way in hell I'm doing this for you. Why would you tell your sister you're dating a transvestite anyway?” Jongin asks him and Chanyeol shrugs.

“It's a long story, Ok? Look, she said she's always wondered what it would be like to date a trans* person, and I said that I had dated one and she said 'yeah right loser, whatever,' so I told her I'd let her meet my trans* ex and you have to do this for me.” Chanyeol is begging but he's desperate and Jongin should really be a better friend.

“Why don't you ask Luhan or Sehun? Why me?” Jongin asks. Chanyeol can't tell him the truth, so he opts for the first thing that comes to mind.

“Because they already look like girls, and the only way she'd believe me was if they pulled their out right on the table. You have a masculine face, so she'd definitely believe me.” Chanyeol smiles wide and Jongin almost slaps him.

“I don't know if I should be flattered or offended.” Jongin states. Chanyeol is almost on his hands and knees begging.

“Come on, please? I'd do anything for you, you know that, so please just do this one thing for me. I'll buy you food.” Chanyeol smiles again and he can see Jongin's resolve breaking. Jongin sighs and attempt to use the only thing he thinks might actually work.

“We've been friends for years Chanyeol, your sister knows me.” Jongin states exasperatedly. Chanyeol's smile is slightly terrifying and Jongin hates his best friend, because instead of saying what Jongin wants him to say, he says “She won't before long.”

~~~~~~~~~

Jongin is still staring at the mirror in disbelief thirty minutes after Jonghyun and Kibum have left because how did he sink so low?

“I think you look great.” Chanyeol says eyeing him and Jongin feels the need to cover himself.

“Shut it. If I didn't know how much it hurt, I'd kick you in your nuts.” Chanyeol throws his hand over his crotch because he knows Jongin and he knows that, even if he does know how much it hurts, that's not really gonna stop him from doing it anyway.

“What exactly is so wrong with this Jongin? I mean the dress compliments your body in a nice way and the makeup and other things look great on you.” Chanyeol isn't helping.

“Idiot. I'm wearing a dress. Is that not weird to you?” Chanyeol isn't gonna say that this will definitely be filed in the back of his mind for later tonight when he's alone because he doesn't think Jongin would appreciate him to him in a dress.

“Not really no. Come on, you've had worse things on your than this. Besides it's just for tonight, I promise.” Chanyeol says.

Jongin stares at himself in the mirror once more and takes in his appearance; the red dress that he's wearing is tight in all the right places and his now shaven legs (that almost got Kibum kicked in the face he might add) look toned and nicely tan, the shoes that he's wearing, despite his big feet, look very feminine, and his face is made up nicely with purple on his eyelids and red on his lips. He can't say that he doesn't look good, but he's still not completely comfortable pretending to be a cross-dressing trans*.

“Fine. But you owe me. I'm getting the most expensive thing on the menu.” Jongin says. Chanyeol laughs.

“Come on Jung Hee, your chariot awaits.” Chanyeol gestures to his black Volvo and Jongin scratches him with his newly painted nails. This is gonna be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~

“Wow Channie, I'm impressed. You actually got him to do it.” Chanyeols sister says as they walk to the table that she is occupying. Chanyeol makes sure to look anywhere but Jongin.

“Excuse me?” Jongin says in his normal voice. He is furious. “Got me to do what?” Jongin asks staring directly at Chanyeol.

“Me and Chanyeol made a bet that only his absolute best friend would dress in drag for him, and you did. So proud of you bro.” Chanyeol's sister tells him. Chanyeol laughs nervously as his sister stands. “Well you two, enjoy your meal.” She walks away with a broad smile on her face and Jongin is too speechless to respond. He stares at Chanyeol for a minute then scoffs and walks away. Chanyeol goes after him.

“Jongin wait. Can I just explain –”

“No Chanyeol, you can't. I do this to help you out and you couldn't even tell me the truth! You've embarrassed me just to win a stupid bet and you expect me to just let it go?! You know what...” Jongin doesn't finish his sentence. He slaps Chanyeol hard across the face (everyone is now paying attention to their little spat) and walks away.

“Don't you need a ride?” Chanyeol yells after him . Jongin ignores him continues stalking down the road.

~~~~~~~

Chanyeol hasn't seen Jongin in two weeks. He's called and texted and left voicemails, but Jongin is still ignoring him. He decides to try to call him one last time before he just gives up because they've been friends for too long for something so stupid to come between that. The phone rings twice and Chanyeol is surprised to see that it's answered on the third ring.

“You, Park Chanyeol, are an idiot. Do you have any idea what you've done to Jongin? Do you even care?” Chanyeol hears Baekhyun on the other line and it's still not Jongin so he isn't as excited as he would be.

“Can I talk to Jongin please, Baek?” Chanyeol pleads him. Silence.

“What do you want Chanyeol?” Jongins voice sounds so much better than the silence that Chanyeol had been dealing with.

“To make it up to you. Look, I was wrong, and I know that, but please just meet me out at the cafe and I'll buy you lunch and apologize properly.” More silence. There's a sigh audible through the speaker and Chanyeol feels dejected.

“I don't want to go to the cafe.” Chanyeol's smile falls. “I want Chinese takeout and Sushi. Have it at my house in thirty minutes, and you know exactly what I want.” Jongin says. Chanyeol almost yells.

“Ok, I'll be there.” Chanyeol says and they hang up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol makes it there in twenty minutes. His arms are full of bags when he gets there because he knows all of Jongins favorites and he couldn't just get one of them, so he got them all. Jongin opens the door to his apartment and Chanyeol almost cries when he sees the face that he's missed for two entire weeks.

“Hi.” Jongin says looking sheepish for the first time since the beginning of their friendship.

“Hi. Can I come in?” Chanyeol asks. Jongin nods and moves aside for him to come inside. Jongin's house is spotless and Chanyeol knows that he only cleans when he's trying to avoid something which, in this case, had been Chanyeol.

“Before you launch into this long apology, I forgive you.” Jongin tells him after he sets the food down on his living room table.

“You- you do?” Chanyeol shouldn't be very shocked, but he kind of is. He knows how Jongin can hold grudges for years (like when Kyungsoo broke his favorite CD and he refused to talk to him for three months which was impressive because the longest that he had ever been mad at him was an hour) so he can't believe that he hardly had to apologize to get Jongin to forgive him.

“Yeah, I do. I know that you were just trying to prove to your sister that we were the best of friends, but next time you sign me up for something stupid, please tell me.” Jongin states as he starts putting the food out on plates for them. Chanyeol laughs but his laugh is cut short because he realizes that he needs to tell Jongin the truth.

“I have to tell you something, Jongin.” Jongin hands him his plate (that looks like it has more food than Jongin's own) and looks at him questionably.

“What? Someone else wants me to dress in drag for you?” Jongin asks and Chanyeol smiles and rolls his eyes.

“No. As much as I liked seeing you in a dress, I like the regular you.” Chanyeol bites his lips nervously.

“Good, because I might be your best friend but –”

“No, Jongin, I like you. Actually like you. I like your lips and your jawline and your eyes when you smile, and I like how your hands aren't really soft and I like that your body isn't soft and curvy and I like you a lot more than most friends like each other. Basically, I'm trying to say that I like you a lot more than I like Baekhyun and I'd rather kiss you as you are now than you in drag.” Chanyeol says. Jongin is silent for a second, then he smiles and Chanyeol swears it's the brightest thing he's ever seen.

“It's about time you admitted it. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo said you'd be too chicken to actually admit it to my face. I'm glad you told me though because I like you too Chanyeol. You're goofy and awkward and ill-mannered and your laugh is obnoxious and when you laugh, your eyes look uneven and that should be unattractive, but I find myself liking it more and more. I find myself liking you more and more.” Jongin tells him. Chanyeol smiles and Jongin reaches across the table to grab his hand.

“So, since I like you and you like me, what do we do now?” Chanyeol asks. Jongin stands and walks over to where he is sitting.

“Now we kiss.” Jongin grabs his face and kisses him deeply. Chanyeol doesn't want to pull away, but he's light-headed and it isn't entirely from the lack of air. When they do pull away, Chanyeol pulls Jongin into his lap.

“You know, I read somewhere that it isn't official unless there's a second kiss.” Chanyeol says. Jongin rolls his eyes.

“Well we wouldn't want our relationship to not be official right.” Chanyeol can hardly believe his luck.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So, as I said, this was totally self indulgent and if it doesn't make sense, I'm sorry but I'm a bit sleepy and slap happy so yeah. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed. Feedback is definitely appreciated and don't feel shy to tell me how much this . May or may not make a sequel (if you guys want it even after you've read all of the ) but that's entirely up to you guys. Also, I hope that I haven't offended anyone or made it seem like dating Trans* people was a or something, but I have actually heard some people wonder what it would be like to date a Trans* person so please don't be offended!! I love all of my readers, no matter what you identify as!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Picture used not mine! Credit to owner.