Two Is Better Than One

Two Is Better Than One

The phone rang. The secretary answered it and with a frown, she told the other person speaking to wait, that she was going to transfer their call to her boss, but that she had to check if he could take it.

It was 5 in the afternoon, the phone kept on ringing all day. She was tired from telling the reporters to wait, then call her boss, who would told her he wasn't taking any calls from the media, and then go back to the phone, say sorry my boss can't talk to you right now, and then hang up. It was certainly the umpteenth time she had received a call today, and she didn't even know if it was worth asking her boss if he wanted to answer the call or not. Still, it was her job as a secretary to inform him of every single call that was made, and she kept with her task, knocking on his office dorr, and waiting for an answer. The answer didn't come. She could hear him yelling at someone, although she hadn't seen anyone entering in the office without leaving after. He was surely on the phone with someone. She decided to leave him alone, after all, he may have preferred not to be disturbed while talking to someone. In addition, it's not like he was going to answer the reporter's call.

She came back to her desk, took the phone she had put on the table and with a serious tone, she said "I'm sorry, Mr. Kim Young Min is busy and cannot take your call. In addition, we have nothing more to add on the current case you're asking us. I thank you for your call and your interest."

 

_______________________________

 

Someone knocked on his door. He was definitely not in the mood to receive anyone, let alone if it was his secretary wanting to tell her there was another reporter trying to get more information on a situation he was trying to fix. This girl was getting on her nerves, she was so into her mission as a secretary that she thought it was necessary to tell him about every single little detail of what had happened, and ask him about what she should do, even if she had been confronted to the same situation umpteenth times today. Such a righteous person was definitely going to succeed in her job, and he thought how she would probably never succeed in business as well. Still, se was the only person today who was doing her job the way it should be done.He stopped getting lost in his thought and told the persone who had just knocked to enter. A man with a a concerned look on his face opened the door, and without asking, took a sit on the chair in front of him.

"Young Min, we have a serious problem."

"What is it now ?"

"Eunhyuk called, he told me all the members were leaving the agency. They want to nullify their contracts."

"Are they stupid enough to think they can just leave like this ? They need reasons to nullify a contract."

"Same reasons as Kris, the rest of EXO members and F(x)."

"These stupid kids ! Can't they see who made them famous ? Who do they think they are to turn their back to us ? Was it too much tp ask for them to do their best, to push off their limits, so that they could realize their dreams ? Did they believe that being in SM would do everything ? Can't believe that ! What did Leeteuk say ? Have you tried contacting him ? He's still the leader, he can talk to them."

"I tried to. But he can't be reached."

"What is that, can't be reached ? He's in the army right now, and it's 9pm, he should be resting at that hour, shouldn't he ?"

"Maybe. However that's what his superior told me."

"Never mind. We need to mak them remember that they have indemnities to pay if they want to leave. Do these kids really think they can give us 1 billion won in one day ?"

"That's the other problem. They said that it won't be a problem. They can't cancel it at any time. Eunhyuk told me he and s had the money, and so did EXO and F(x)"

"And they think that they will be as successful as they are now if they leave us ? Let me laugh. Where do they think their success come from ? Not only their little faces. Definitely not. Who has the best producers and the best choregraphers, and the best stylists, and the best hairdressers, and the best marketing teams ?"

"Kim Yougn Min, you should calm down. I'll talk to our lawyers about this. We may have to talk to the reporters too, and just create some rumours so that the situation will be at our advantage."

"Yeah, we should gather our teams to do this. I'll see you later Lee Soo Man, I'm gonna try to call Boa, SNSD and TVXQ to remind them they can't leave."

 

_______________________________

 

"Mr Kim, a message just came. Should I transfer it to you ?"

"Yes please do."

He sighed in exasperation. She was definitely always and forever going to ask questions. This girl could not think for herself. Does she believe that a message will deliver its inside alone if nobody reads it ? A sound came from his computer. She probably had sent it to him. He moved the mouse and clicked on the new message. He was both surprised and angry reading the name of the sender.What did he want ? 

 

Let's drop the courtesies shall we ?

It seems like your company is in a lot of trouble, isn't it ? I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't even able to treat you idols decently that they are now eager to end their contract. I hope you don't expect them to come back at you for they would not be able to pay the penalties for leaving you. 

I honestly am really proud of myself, and I think we're on a good way to reconciliate, cause I'm kind enough to inform you of some things I'm sure you weren't even aware of. I know they won't come back. And moreover, I'm pretty sure your other artists are gonna be leaving the company in the next hours.

How would I know ? It may be better to ask PSY. Or the money PSY made my company earn. I don't think I will have a problem to compensate you for the loss of your so beloved and cherished artists, which weren't that loved by your company if I believe them.

Maybe you know get the purpose of my message. I'm kind enough to let you be informed even before the media that your artists are moving to YG. 

And don't underestimate me. I'm currently negociating with your producing teams and composers, and even your choregraphers. I wasn't thinking Tony Testa wouldhave agreedthis soon when telling him he could work with Taeyang.

On this burst of generosity for telling you, I now have to leave you, I still have some personsto contact. Your idols, or I should say my idols are really nice, they gave me all the numbers I needed to know. 

YG CEO, Yang Hyun Suk

 

_______________________________

Kim Young Min had called over Lee Soo Man, the two men were now in the former's office. They kept silent, staring blankly at the message their lawyer had just sent. No more no less, he was saying that Yang Hyun Suk's actions were totally legal, as long as he paid the amount needed on the idols' contract. And indeed with the profits he made out of PSY, Bigbang, 2NE1 and his other artists' success, he would be able to pay for everyone, even for the idols' team. There wasn't a lot let to do. Most of the stylists expressed their desire to leave, saying YG proposed them a salary twice as much as their current one. They coul not deny it. All the artists fro the company had left. The Grace, Kangta and TRAX were still there, but the two men knew they wouldn't be of a great help, and weren't as profitable as EXO, SNSD, etc... Promoting SMRookies would be difficult now. 

 

Years of starving idols, pushing them to their limits, exhausting them, giving them no rest, or on the contrary not giving them any solo activity, or just a comeback a year can explain why these artists choose to leave. They're still human, they still have feelings. Yes they have their fans, they love them, they have band members, they love them too... But you're only truly happy when you start doing things for yourself, not for others. Making other people smile makes you happy, makes you feel better, only when you're already feeling good. There's no need of denying it. If you're depressed, a smile can help a bit, but it won't make your depression disappear. You have to grasp the evil by the root to get better. in this situation, evil was the overbusy schedule they had as idols under SMentertainement. Yes they were successful, but they weren't following the dream they had. Not the way they wanted it to be. They wanted to be on stage, with thousands of fans screaming their names, singing along with them and holdng lighsticks, creating an ocean of light. But is it worth it when your body causes you so much from too many hours of repititions, hours of preparing a comeback, a concert, a showcase, going to bed at 7am after filming an MV, or even not sleeping in a bed, but in a plane, or in a van, going to your next fansigning event. Smiles can't always help fill for your lack of sleep. Moreover, they can't see their families, or their loved ones. What would you do if you can never see your boyfriend or girlfriend cause your schedule only allows you to see him/her the night, when he or she needs to sleep, or if you can only meet them at their place, cause you can't be seen outside ? Being an idol is hard, even more if you're a stranger. You have to get usedto the culture, to the language, to the people around you. If you feel down, you can't sleep in the home where you spent your childhood. In the end, all that you dreamt of, and that is going to realize soon cause you're now an idol became meaningless, because your health isn't that great, because you see others pushing themselves too much, and you can't do anything about it, cause hell yeah it's also their dream to become successful, and how could you tell them to give up their dreams ? In addition, you thought that your fans were going to love the true you, but it turns out to be that all that you're gonna say is scripted, that before answering a question, your manager has to tell you whether you can or not, and once you can, he just gives you a paper with the answer written on it. It doesn't sound fun right. It doesn't sound like you're human, like you can speak or think for yourself. Humanity, that's what may have lacked in SM way of treating their idols.

 

_______________________________

 

"Kim Young Min, It still isn't the end of the company, we still have our actors, and MCs."

"I KNOW IT IS NOT THE END BUT YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT WE WON'T EARN AS MUCH AS LAST YEAR ! AND WHERE IS THIS STUPID SECRETARY I ASKED HER TO MAKE US TWO COFFEES IT CANNOT TAKE 3 HOURS TO DO IT !"

Kim Young Min left from his office to go look for her. But she was nowhere to be found. He started cursing. In this kind of situation, even if it's 11pm, she should have known that she couldn't leave. He went back to his office, told Lee Soo Man about the situation, and tried calling her.

 

_______________________________

 

 

"What did she say ?"

"Not sure, something about how she hated the way we treated him, and that she's leaving."

"Does this stupid girl remember he has signed a contract, and that she cannot break it unless she finds the amount of money required ?"

"Apparently, she finds it."

"And where would she have found it ?"

"YG."

 

The two men looked in silence by the window the lights of the city shining in the night, just like stars in the galaxy. At least, they were two in the same situation. Two is better than One.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

Ok, so I'm not an anti SM, I don't know a thing about the current situation, and I don't believe all SM idols would leave them. But it was just something I promised to write. Actually it was supposed to be funny, cause SM and YG hate each other. But I think it sounded angst (... Purplegyu is getting on my writing style). I apologize for the grammar mistakes, but I'm not sure you could all understand French, since it's the only language  master *AHAHAH just kidding I can't spell annihilation*. Well, if you like irony, you may appreciate YG's message, but it may not be this funny actually XD I just liked writing it, cause I could picture him with his thick smile. I'm not saying SM doesn't treat their idols the way they should be treated, actually I believe all idols receive the same treatment, and they know about this before entering the company, I even believe that SM is not that bad... But it's just a feeling. SO please remember it's only a fiction.

Just a last thing, as an EXO fan, mainly because of Kris, I just don't now what to think about the whole situation. I hear things about him being in another company, the latter trying to diss at our EXO-M members, whose method is revolting. I don't want to believe anything, I just hope he's not doing this because he wants the fame for himself... Cause it would seriously be too much for all of us fans who spent the last 3 years on the internet trying to protect him, to promis we would not leave him. Disappointment is stronger when we got involved into it. I just swear that if this whole case turns out to be true, I will just be so much disappointed that I don't care if you say I'm not a true fan fot not liking him anymore. And if it's false, then I just hope he will have success on his own, and that SM will be abl to fill his place with someone else, cause I will never hate a new member of EXO who also wants to livbe fully his dream.

 

So, I'm leaving this story there, totally puzzled abotu the whole situation. It just so much. Really. And I HUG EACH EVRY ONE OF YOU WO IS GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT HAS NOTHING RESOLVING AROUND EXO, IF YOU AREN'T FEELING WELL, JUST NOW THAT THERE WILL BE ALWAYS BE PEOPLE FOR YOU, AND EVEN IF I DON'T KNOW YOU, I'M THERE.