Scribbles on a Paper

Scribbles on a paper

It was a normal and peaceful night, no schedules for interviews, press cons, shooting, pictorials or practices within that day and for the next day after. To others, it may seem like a boring day but for Taeyeon it was a relaxing one. She slept early that day but all of a sudden she woke up in the middle of the night and she can’t go back to sleep for some reason… Maybe because the day was too relaxing that she still has a lot of energy to waste. She rolled over her bed, changed positions many times: one sided facing left then turning right, curled like a cocoon, lying face down, laid back straight, arms and legs spread wide open and even a position that looks like bowing (head and knees on the bed and her raised up); however after trying so hard she’s still unable to sleep. 

She finally decided to stand up and look for things to do while she’s awake to make her tired and let her fall to sleep. Looking around, Taeyeon started humming the Mr.Mr. tune and swaying a little. Her room has a double sized bed on the center, a table with drawers on the right side of the headboard and a lamp on top of it, shelves for books and magazines are located near the door and a huge walk in closet on the left side of the room. The shelf looks quite messy, so the figured she’ll tidy it up. So she began by removing from the shelf and separated all the books, magazines, papers, photo albums, plush toys, album tracks and dvd movies. Taking her time in cleaning things up, she scanned some of the magazines, photo albums and even the papers that scattered all over. There was a particular paper, a bit crumpled, took her attention. Staring at it, she mused to herself and started to roll on the floor laughing at the memory that was brought by that small paper.

Inscribed on the paper was “Our next BIG HIT!!”, a few scribbles and doodles on the side and it looked like something got spilled on it.

FLASHBACK:

“Ya…. It’s so boring today…” SooYoung shouted lazily, “Can we do something else besides watching tv all day?” she added.
The SNSD were having a break away from their usual busy schedule at the comfort of their dorm. It was their first day of being free after their album “Gee” was released; in addition since their album went on top of the charts they hardly have enough free time so the management decided to give them a long vacation.
“I agree, let’s do something productive today eunnies!” SeoHyun stood up from the couch and faced the other girls suggesting to them. It was already past 11am and the girls were just watching a drama on the tv; Jessica, Tiffany, SeoHyun, Sunny and Taeyeon were sitting on the couch while Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona and SooYoung were sitting on the floor.
“It’s our first lazy day in a VERY long time; let’s just enjoy this day in a less productive way.” Hyoyeon whined emphasizing the phrase very long.
“Yeah I agree with Hyo but since it’s really boring today, how about doing something fun?” Taeyeon suggested with gleaming eyes and smiling wide.
“When you say ‘fun’, it’s your way of saying ‘let’s play something on the xbox!’” Jessica interjected which made Taeyeon smile looking guilty “You’re so predictable Taeng...” Tiffany added.
While they were thinking on what to do, Yuri changed the channel since the drama they were watching was already over. She got to a music channel and right at that moment the music video of Gee was playing. Then an idea struck Yoona, “Ya! Ya! I know what we’ll do!” she stood up all of a sudden saying excitedly. “What?” All of them asked her. “Let’s compose a song!”she said while grinning as wide as an alligator’s smile.
“Eh??” The girls chorused with a questioning look. Then Yuri said, “Yeah, we sing songs but we never had a song that we actually composed…” like she was supporting Yoona’s brilliant idea. “Hmmmm… That’s true...” Sunny added and everyone nodded.
“I guess writing a song wouldn’t be that hard.” Hyoyeon said. “Yey!! Let’s start then!” SeoHyun said feeling all excited. 
Taeyeon grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote ‘Our next BIG HIT!!’ then asked “What will it be all about?”
“How about food?”SooYoung suggested. Taeyeon wrote it down and drew picture of a cake beside it. “All you ever think about it food SooYoung-ah…It’s should be cute and lovey dovey…” Sunny protested while showing off her aegyo. Taeyon wrote it down as well and drew a little heart beside it and crossed out the word food. In just a matter of minutes everyone suggested a topic for the song and Taeyeon wrote them down but eventually crossed them out anyways because they couldn’t really decide what kind of song they want to make “Teangoo, the paper looks all dirty now find another piece of paper.” Tiffany told Taeyeon. “It’s fine, I’ll just make my hand writing smaller so that the lyrics would fit.” Taeyeon said with a goofy smile. “Lazy .” Tiffany teasingly said which made Taeyeon pout. 
“Aish! We can’t agree on anything…” Yuri complained. “Perhaps we need some inspiration.” SeoHyun said. The doorbell rang right at that moment. “Perfect timing! Pizza’s here..” SooYoung shouted then hurriedly went to the door to get the pizza...She ordered 4 boxes of party sized pizza. “Woah, when did you order pizza?” Yoona asked. “When all of you were busy thinking and by the way all of you can eat it except Sunkyu!” SooYoung said and glared at Sunny. “Wae??!” Sunny whined like a little kid showing some of her aegyo. “You objected my suggestion about food and now you want my food? How dare you?” Sooyoung answered still glaring at Sunny. “Ya, I bought a huge chocolate cake yesterday and you’re the one who ate most of it…” Instead of using her aegyo, she looks like she’s intimidating SooYoung. And she replied with a guilty/ashamed with a little bit of aegyo “You know I was just kidding… kekeke…” Then they laughed and they ate the pizza. “This is what you call inspiration!” Hyoyeon said while munching a huge bite of the pizza and with that the girls laughed agreeing to what she said.

The girls were enjoying the pizza then out of the blue Jessica said “How about we’ll write a song about this?” “What? About pizza? So you agree with SooYoung eunnie then?” Yoona asked. Jessica replied with a big fat “NO…. That’s not what I mean, silly.” while giving a gentle smack of Yoona’s head. “What I’m trying to say is that we all like different things but we still are united as one; that’s what our song should be.” All of them replied “OH…..” and Yuri added “Woah.. Magnificent!! Magnificent!!” while clapping her hands aloud. (BTW, imagine that they were talking in Korean and when Yuri said: Magnificent, it’s in English) “Eunnie, what’s with you and the word Magnificent?” SeoHyun asked as if it was the strangest thing she ever heard from Yuri. “Kekekeke… Doesn’t it sound so nice? Magnificent! See? ” Yuri answered. “De… De…” Hyoyeon sarcasticly said as if agreeing to what Yuri just said… With that, Yuri made a face that looks like saying ‘wanna die?’ then Hyoyeon made actioned as well that looks like saying ‘yeah, wanna go outside?!’ then they started pushing shoulder to shoulder. Eventually they stopped and just giggled.
After all that, they talked about their song again. “Alright! Let’s go write the song.” Tiffany said readying the pen and paper. “Any ideas for the title?” Yoona asked no one in particular but addressed to everyone. No one thought of a good title though, so SeoHyun said “I think we need more inspiration…kekeke”. “That’s a great idea maknae!!” Taeyeon stood up near the tv and punched in a game in the xbox. “I said inspiration, not distraction.” SeoHyun pointed out. “This is not a distraction; we’ll be inspired by this.” Taeyeon countered then added “…and besides I bought a new game it’s called: Just Dance, everyone can play.” “Oooh… Let’s play.” Sunny got up as well went in front of the tv. Hyoyeon, SooYoung, Yoona and Yuri stood up to play too. “Hey…. It’s only up to four players.” SooYoung complained. “It’s okay, even though it’s just for four players, the camera can record us all so when we watch the playback we’ll see all of us.” Taeyeon told her.
The game started and they danced to the tune following the actions on the screen. They playfully bump each other’s butts and pushing one another while dancing. They were enjoying themselves; it looked like they were having a really good time so Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun decided to join the fun.

After an hour of playing and viewing their recorded videos, they realized that they totally forgot about the song. “Hey, enough playing… Let’s get back to business.” Tiffany commanded and everyone mumbled “De… Araso…” Once again they thought hard to come up with a good title for the song but still couldn’t. Finally, Jessica said “Let’s just think about the title later… Just move on to the lyrics for the mean time.” Everyone agreed to what Jessica suggested. “Okay! I’m gonna write the lyrics now!! ” Taeyeon said feeling all so excited. Taeyeon was pointing the tip of the pen onto the paper as if she was about to write something but actually she was just staring at for her mind was as blank as that paper. She was still using the same paper earlier; furthermore as she stares at the scribbles her thoughts are getting scribbled as well. The other girls were staring intently at Taeyeon expecting their leader to write something incredible for she just exposed herself to what she called ‘inspiration’ but then they got disappointed when Taeyeon looked up and said “Can you help me out with this?” with a sheepish smile. 
“Heol! Heol! Daebak sangeun!” SooYoung sarcastically said while clapping slowly. Yuri added “We were expecting so much from you, like this high...” She raised her hand to the highest point she can reach “…even taller than you but now it just fell flat on the ground.” She added as her banter to their leader. Teayeon just snorted and stuck her tongue out in response. “Oh I know, let’s make one stanza each. I think that’s much easier for us.” Hyoyeon said. “Whoah… That’s the most sensible thing you said today Hyo. Kekekeke!” Sunny jokingly said.
Everybody agreed to the suggestion of Hyoyeon and they were planning that the one who write the stanza will be her line when singing the song. The order in which who will write first was based on age, where the eldest will write first and the maknae will be the last as what they had agreed. So still, Taeyeon will be the first to write her part of the song. She sat properly and her left hand was holding her chin while she was absorbed into her thoughts. While thinking, she unconsciously furrowed her thin eyebrows which seemed like she was having a hard time. She then closed her eyes for a minute, everyone was quiet because they didn’t want to disturb their leader’s concentration, when she opened her eyes she let out a huge sigh and felt ashamed that she still couldn’t think of a good lyric.
Finally, SooYoung suggested: “Perhaps we need more inspiration…” At her words, Taeyeon’s went bright and nodded to agree with her. Some of them agreed as well but some were a bit skeptical when they say ‘inspiration’ because the last time they did something inspiring it was draining their energy playing a game. So Yoona suggested to them to go out of their dorm to look for some in which made them think that it might be a good idea. In addition to what Yoona had said, SeoHyun said “Well, maybe we can’t think freely because we’re confined in our room and our thoughts are cramped inside our brains and we can’t let it out.” With that, everybody was convinced to go out to have some exposure to the outside world. “You know, great things/ ideas sometimes do happen in the spur of a moment.” Those words of wisdom came from Tiffany.
The girls went out, still carrying that piece of paper where they will write their song, to tourist spots within the city like temples, parks, to the Han River where they shouted their wishes for their group, to the mall and lastly to a theme park. They had so much fun that they once again forgot why they did those things in the first place; to be inspired to write a song. After everything that they had done, they dined in a restaurant and relax for a bit for it was really a tiring day. Dinner was pleasant and all they talked about was their little trip today. 

They head back to their dorm and reached there almost midnight. Once they got in, all of them felt sleepy and just when they were about to go to their rooms Yuri remembered “Hey, what about our song?” They all looked at her and each of them looked like they did an imaginary facepalm. “We can always do it tomorrow; afterall we have a lot of free time and it’s already late.” Jessica told them. “What we did today relieved our stress so tomorrow it wouldn’t be that hard write anymore.” Tiffany added. “I guess we had too much inspiration that we totally forgot about it. kekeke” SeoHyun said amused of what happened within the day. “Yeah, I kinda saw it coming.” Sunny said and they chuckled because not only Sunny had expected that outcome but all of them have. “But at least we were productive today…” SooYoung said while stretching her arms up and yawning. “So true. We should do this more often.” Hyoyeon suggested. “I for one will agree to that!” Yoona declared and all of them shouted “yeah!” in unison.

The girls crashed in to their beds after their little chat except for Taeyeon. She took out the pen and paper planning to write down something after pouring herself a glass of milk. She drank half of her milk then turned around to throw the milk carton mimicking a professional baseball player. Doing so, her elbow hit the glass spilled the milk all over the paper. She cursed to herself for doing that for she was already in the mood for writing but it all went away after that. So, she had nothing else to do but to clean the mess she made and she decided not to throw the paper away but instead she put it on her desk under a lit lamp so it would dry up because she thought to herself that it contained the info’s they needed. Although the things that were written there were all crossed out, she thought it might still be helpful. 

The next morning they totally forgot about it again and was totally forgotten ever since. Until now that Taeyeon found the paper years later. Back to the present, Taeyeon finished cleaning her shelf while singing Stay girls which was perfect to what she just recalled. When her shelf was all tidied up, she hopped to her bed and was slowly drifting off to dreamland.

Fin.