The Last Time

Spring Fling

"Hi Tiffany! Are you ready?" Kyungsoo, on the other line of the call, said.

"Almost!"

"Alright, I'll be there in 5 minutes to pick you up."

"Okay okay, see you!"

Tiffany did her last minute checklist to see if she forgot anything. Everything has to be perfect. Of course, she has worked her off for months just to prepare for this out of town trip with her friends. The moment she finishes zipping her bags, her lips curved upwards. "Done!" she finally said.

At the same time, she heard her doorbell. She grabbed her bags and went to open the door.

"Hi Ms. Tiffany! I'm here to pick you up." said Kyungsoo acting like a servant and giving her a 90 degree bow. "Bags please." She handed him her bags and sat on the passenger's seat.

 

On the way to the beach

"And sooo Mr. Kyungsoo, where's the girl?" she asked her friend

"Oh that. We broke up." he answered with a poker face.

"Really?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well it happened just last night. No big deal."

"How can you say that? You even told me that she's the one."

"Well sometimes you say the wrong things and you can't do anything but to take your words back." he glanced at her and saw her worried face so he messed up her hair and gave her a smile. "Yah, Tiffany, don't think about it arasseo? I'm fine. See?"

 

At the beach

"Hey the lovebirds are here!" shouted Chanyeol.

"Where?!" asked Seohyun.

"What lovebirds are you talking about?!" asked Tiffany.

"Unnie! Why don't you be together? You're really cute to look at!" said Seohyun.

"Yeah and both of you look really good together." added Hyoyeon.

"Noona! Why don't you consider?! You're both single anyways." Lay said.

"Guys! What are you talking about! We're just friends!" defended Tiffany while Kyungsoo just smiled and carried their bags to their room.

 

On the first night

"I want to sleep beside my Seohyun." said Chanyeol.

"Me with my Hyo." said Lay

"Which means....... you have to sleep beside Kyungsoo. Hihihi" said Chanyeol.

"Well if you must know, it wouldn't be a big deal. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time. Right Kyungsoo?" said Tiffany

"Right. Come my Fany baby, let's sleep." Kyungsoo teased.

"Alright baby Kyungie." joined Tiffany.

"Kyaaaaaaaaa!!!" the two other couples shrieked.

 

The next day

The group of 6 were swimming at the beach when Kyungsoo noticed the guys staring at Tiffany so he came closer to her to tick them off. Chanyeol noticed it and smirked so he teased them again.

"Look guys, Kyungsoo and Tiffany are swimming together!"

"Why not?! We're friends." said Tiffany.

"Friends?" said Lay

"Yeah friends! Just friends! I can see the way you look Lay, stop teasing us already!" said Tiffany.

"Really? Do you not like him?" asked Chanyeol.

"Huh? No."

"NO? You don't not like him?!?!?"

"NO. I MEAN I DON'T LIKE HIM. Now end of this topic." Tiffany explained.

 

Since the two couples wanted to do things together like going to the carnival beside the beach, Kyungsoo and Tiffany went together for their friendly date. She was touched on how he was a gentleman and how thoughtful he was like sharing his food to her, making sure her seatbelt was fastened properly when they go on different rides and even holding her hands during the whole ferris wheel ride because she was afraid of heights. Sure they were close but it was the first time she saw this side of him giving her all his attention. Maybe because this time he's single, she reasoned to herself however, it didn't stop her from having this different feeling.

 

At night, she overheard the boys talk outside their room.

"Man, I'm telling you, you need to be with Tiffany right now." Chanyeol said.

"Guys, we're really just friends. She doesn't even like me that way to begin with!" said Kyungsoo.

"But what if you find out she likes you?" asked Lay.

"Well... I don't know... Maybe? I guess? But she doesn''t like me. She has been telling that same answer for years now." Kyungsoo said.

 

Kyungsoo's answer made her heart skip a beat. She didn't expect that mature answer ever since the first time they got teased back at middle school.

"Eeeew! I don't like Tiffany!" said a younger Kyungsoo in her mind.

 

Now, she is quite sure she has developed somewhat a pinch of feelings for him which can grow bigger anytime soon. Truth was, she liked him back then but reliving his reaction during middle school hindered her from showing her true feelings. "I'm the girl. It's not in my nature to confess my feelings first." "He doesn't like me. If I confess my feelings, he'd only reject me and our friendship might be ruined." "What if I end up embarrassing myself?" "What if he likes someone else?" "It's better to deny everything. At least, it wouldn't hurt my pride in the end." These were her thoughts ever since so she tried really hard to forget her feelings which after a while she succeeded.

 

After their beach trip, she noticed, she started on thinking of Kyungsoo more and more each day. Every time they would meet, she would be really giddy and excited. It was until the time she can't contain it anymore. The pinch of feelings she had suddenly turned into a nearly overflowing basin of emotions. She decided it was time to come clean.

There, Kyungsoo sat infront of her, smiling widely as she is. "Tiffany, I want to tell you something."

"Really? Me too."

"Kurae? Okay, you go first."

"No. You go first." Tiffany insisted. She smiled at the boy. Maybe it was destiny. He'd come clean first. She thought.

"Tiffany, I... I just got engaged!"

"Oh." she answered.

"I couldn't believe it either! Sulli took me back and rethought everything. She gave me another chance and I didn't waste anymore time so I proposed to her... and she said yes!"

Tiffany went speechless.

"Tiffany? Are you alright?!" he asked.

"O-o-of course I am silly! I'm really happy for you!" she faked a smile.

"Okay, so what's your news then?"

"Nevermind! We can talk about it next time! You just got engaged! Yay! I'm so happy for you!" she hugged her friend tightly so she could wipe the tears coming out from her eyes without him seeing.

 

As she watch him get in his car happily, she could only feel regret. Why didn't I tell you sooner? I can only rethink of our sweet momeries from last spring. That should've been me you knelt in front of. Me, wearing the ring that you bought around my finger. Now, I feel really jealous of her for she has everything, instead of me, I'll only have my pride.