First meeting

One out of a million.

-----

"Seoyeon-ah~" Suzy whined, nudging your arm.

It was a Saturday afternoon, and the two of you were sitting on your sofa after having a sleepover at your house. EXO was on television, but Suzy was paying absolutely zero attention to them which was really odd and weird. Instead, she was nudging your arm while putting on an annoying-sounding cute tone, begging you to go to EXO's fansigning event with her.

And, the reason was?

"I don't have anyone else to go with~ I don't wanna be seen as a loner either."

How stupid?

You gave your best friend a slap on her shoulder before chuckling softly. You knew she was crazy for EXO and this was her very first time seeing them upclose, though she's been to M! Coutndown before. (she was way at the back row) You could definitely tell she was excited about this chance and you, being the great friend you are, decided to give Suzy a hand this time.

"You owe me big time." You laughed. 

"Wait, so you'll go with me?"

"Yes, duh."

"Whoa! You're the best, Lim Seoyeon!" Suzy exclaimed, giving you a forceful hug. "Thank you!"

"Only becasue you're my stupid friend." You joked, hugging her back this time.

----

"This is ridiculous, Suzy." You sighed, regretting your decision for the one-hundredth time today.

"Why?" She chuckled. "There are SOOO many fans, and it's crazy! Ugh, I'm super excited!" 

But you, Lim Seoyeon, was one person on Earth that wasn't exactly "excited" at the moment. The place where the fan signing event was being held was absolutely filled with hundreds of fans from all over Korea. You even saw some non-Korean people with blonde hairs with blue eyes, brunette-headed with brown eyes, and red-haired people with yellowish eyes. This place was crazy, and being surrounded by hundreds of screaming people was totally not your thing. It was giving you a terrible headahce, and you leant against a nearby wall to support yourself.

"I'm sorry, Seoyeon-ah." Suzy said loudly. You heard her voice above the rest. "I know you don't like these kind of-"

"It's fine." You replied, with a smile. "Let me go to Starbucks-I saw it nearby on my way here."

"Alone? I can go with you."

"I can go by myself." You assured her. "You stay here and wait for your hubbies."

With a laugh, you waved and rushed off- wanting to get away from this place as fast as you could. This was like nightmare in reality for you. After fuve minutes of walking down the street filled with people who couldn't go inside the fansigning event, you saw Starbuck's familiar green logo in the distance. Smiling, you jogged towards Starbucks and pushed open the door. The jingling sound of small bells announced your arrival, and the woman from the counter looked up at you. 

"I'd want a...." You said, eyeing the menu behind the counter quickly. "hot latte please."

"Very well. That would be 7800 won." 

You paied for your drink, and scooted over since there was a tall muscular-looking male costumer right behind you in line. He walked up to the counter as soon as you moved over, and ordered twelve cappucinos. You wondered why he'd need all those twelve drinks for. For his friends, maybe? Curiously, you looked up at the guy but unfortunately, couldn't see his face as it was hidden underneath a black hat.

He was wearing a white T-shirt with jeans and sneakers which was a very casual look. He was any ordinary guy who you'd see in the streets everyday, but he gave off an odd aurora. You quickly shook your head and thought you were going mental or something.

Finally, your hot latte was done and the woman handed you your drink. With a beam, you thanked her and grabbed your drink before walking out of Starbucks again, leavng the mysterious hat guy behind.

The place was still buzzing with screaming hardcore fans when you arrived with your hot latte in your hand. You tried to stay away from them as far as possible without wanting to seem too obvious. With a hot latte in your hand, you were leaning against the wall with earphones plugged into your ears. You turned your volume nearly to max but it still couldn't win the sound of crazy fangirls screaming nonstop. With a sigh, you turned off  your music and just stood there awkwardly, not even daring to drink your hot latte as it was still very hot. You hated burning your tongue while drinking hot drinks, so you just decided to wait until it cooled down a little.

"Seoyeon-ah!" Suzy screamed. "SEOYEON!"

"Mhmm?" You looked up, and your eyes met with your best friend's.

"They're going to be here soon. OHMIGOSH, I think I'm going to die." 

"Afterall, they're your lovely hubbies." You chuckled.

"Come, come! I think they're here!"

"Oh? Alright, alright!"

You didn't even look out at where you were heading, as you quickly rushed off in Suzy's direction. That was when you suddenly realied there was somebody standing right in front of you, a few feet away. Even before you could stop, you bumped right into that person- accidentally spilling your hot latte all over the person you had bumped into.

"Oww!" He (yes, it was a man) screamed suddenly, jumping up and down. But nobody paied any attention, as they were busy waiting for EXO.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" You said, taking out your hankerchief from your bag and wiping away the latte stain.

"Uh, it's alright." He replied, giving you back your hankerchief.

"I'm sorry!" You said again, bowing.

The guy, smiling, patted you on your shoulder before quickly rushing off to somewhere, disappearing among the screaming fangirls who were one second away from fainting. Without even getting to drink your drink, you sighed before throwing your empty latte cup into a nearby trashcan. Determained to buy another one on the wayout, you walked up to Suzy who was screaming fanchants along with other fangirls.

"Isn't this awesome!?" She screamed happily, wrapping her arms around your neck.

Without replying back, you just smiled at her. It was so good to see your best friend having such a good time in a long time. The truth was, Suzy had a painful childhood which nobody really knew, because it was always hidden under her cheerful and bright (also energetic!) personality. But she alway had a smile on her face and always managed to make others around her smile as well. But you knew that deep down inside, she was actually crying. Not always, but you knew the days she was sad, depressed and hurt inside.

You two were best friends for a reason! Suzy could neve, ever hide her true feelings from you, Lim Seoyeon. It was a fact between the two of you now, and you guys had no secrets from each other or whatsoever. Which was a good thing. And now, seeing Suzy trully happy made you happy too.

But the truth was, your thoughts were actually on something else. Even as you nodded along to the song playing and smiling alongwith Suzy, your mind was on the guy earlier from Starbucks. But then again, the guy you had splilled hot latte on looked awfully familiar from the guy from Starbucks as well. 

Could it be....?

With a laugh, you quickly shook your head. No way. That couldn't be true. But he did order twelve cappucinos from Starbucks earlier, and there were exactly twelve EXO members. It fitted too well to be called a coincidence. When you realized what you were thinking, you laughed aloud again. You were surely becoming mental from all these fangirl screams and everything! What were you even thinking?

But when the twelve EXO members finally showed up, your eyes landed among one specific member who was smiling and waving to all the screaming hardcore fangirls. He reminded you awfully of that guy from Starbucks and the guy you had just bumped into. Blinking your eyes, you shook your head but you couldn't erase that suspicion from your mind.

"Suzy-yah," You called your best friend, who was screaming like mad. "Bae Suzy."

"Mhm?"

"Who's that guy?" You questioned, pointing to the EXO member you thought you spilled your hot latte all over.

"Kai." Suzy replied, grinning. "His real name is Kim Jongin, though. He's EXO's dancing machine and he's so freaking hot!"

You nodded at your best friend, as Suzy returned to her hardcore fangirling again. Kai, it is. You were pretty sure he was the man you bumped into at Starbucks, and also the man you spilled your precious hot latte all over. Mhm, he was pretty hot, though.

-----