Movie Night

Movie Night

Everything about him is perfect: his body, his eyes, his hair, even his personality. Every fangirl wants him, but I'm no ordinary fanfirl. I'm Minho's best freind. We have known each other since we were in diapers. I don't know when I started liking him... maybe when we were in year 9 or 10, but he doens't know. At least, I don't think he knows. And I can't just go up to him and say that I like him.

"Lily?" Minho asks. "Are you okay?" We are standing in a practice room at the SM building working on our duet. "I asked you if you wanted to go to a movie and then dinner tonight?"

"Oh I'm sorry," I apolgize. "Sure, I'd love to. When do you want to go?"

"I can pick you up around 4:00," he answers. "Is there a certain movie you want to see?"

"Surprise me," I answer as i gather my things. The time is 2:45. One hour and fifteen minutes. Plenty of time. "See you later." I peck him on the cheek and walk out. I look back and wave, Minho returning the gesture.

As I walk home, I wonder if this is a date then remind myself that I think this every time we have a movie night, whether or not we go out. And each time, I have to tell myself that we are just friends. I just have to live with what I can get. But I know I'll have to tell myself all these things later. 

Finally I am at my apartment. I look at my watch. It reads 3:15. 45 minutes and counting. I decide to take a quick shower before I decide what to wear. As I try to relax in the shower, I can't help my mind from wandering back to tonight. What should I wear? Will he be offended if I don't dress up? I shake the thoughts out of my head and decide to wear something more my style as I step out of the tub.

I go to my room and look throuhg my closet. I find a black and pink flannel and red skinny jeans. I look at my shoes, only four pairs; my rainbow high tops seem good enough. I through them on and go to the living room and watch TV until I hear the doorbell ring.

I open the door and am greeted by Minho with a single red rose. He was wearing his typical white t-shirt, blue jeans, and red converse. "Hey, Lil," he greets. "I got this for you."

I thank him as I start for the kitchen. "You can come in. I just want to put this in a vase real quick." He walks to the doorway of the kitchen and waits.

"I think the movie I chose will be pretty good," he says. 

"Good," I answer. "It better be." I giggle.

 

The movie Minho had chose wasn't too good, so we ditch and head to dinner. "Sorry about the movie," Minho apologizes. "My friends told me it was great."

I laugh. "It's okay. At least we got out and did something other than practice. Finally."

"Yeah," Minho agrees. "You look really cute today, Lily." He added the last part really quickly and quietly, I couldn't tell if I heard him correctly or not. 

I blush. "Thanks," I answer quietly.

He laughs and looks down. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, go ahead." We are finally walking to my apartment when he asks me that question.

He puts an arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer before asking, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I blush and look down at our moving feet. I don't know what to say. I am caught by surprise. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I take a breathand quietly answer, "Yeah, sure." We are my door when I answer.

He smiles. "Great." He leans in and kisses me, my first.

"Okay, bye," I say as he pulls away.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lil," he says as kisses my forehead. He steps down and walks away.

"Bye."