Final.

Gone

Tao laughed as he pushed the older's shoulder playfully, "Don't say that! I am brave!" Kris waved his hand as he picked his cup up, "You're right. You're right." He took a drink of the alcohol and placed it on the table. Tao's smile was gone when he looked back at him. His own smile was gone as he saw it.

They sat there looking at each other in silence. Tao swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked away. He could feel tears build in his eyes. His voice was broken and weak as he spoke, "Are you... Are you really leaving..?" Kris sighed softly as he looked at him, "Tao... We've already talked about this... You know I-"

Tao held his hand up to stop him. A tear slipped down his cheek as he looked at him. Kris's heart broke. "D-Do you know... You know when you're gone..." The younger's eyes let more tears drip down as he spoke, "I'm going to cry myself to sleep at night..." Kris bit his lip, "Tao-"

"And when you're not there to hold me at night-"

"Tao."

"I'll cry. I'll cry after practice. I'll cry during practice."

"Tao please."

Tao gulped as he wiped away his tears, but more came out, "I'm going to miss you so much, Kris."

Kris could feel his emotions break slowly. "I love you, Tao. You know I do... I just... I don't want to be treated like this..." Tao nodded, "... I know you don't. I don't either... You should go. You should go be free..." Kris grabbed his hand from across the talk, "... Come with me, Tao. Send one in. We can leave together."

Tao bit his lip, "Kris... I love you... But you know I can't... I..." The older pressed his lips to his. "I'm really sorry, Tao... You know I love you. You know this was never meant to hurt you." Tao smiled sadly as the tears fell down his cheeks, "I know, Kris. I know... That doesn't mean it's painless though."

Kris watched his eyes crack as the tears poured down. Tao began to cry. He held his face in his hands as he cried. Kris gulped as he held back his own tears. He rushed over to his side and helped him stand up. He hugged him tightly as he pressed his lips to his forehead. He wished he could ease the pain for the both of them.

He really did. 

He felt himself loosen his grip as he too began to cry.

He felt terrible.

He hated seeing Tao cry.

He hated it.

Their foreheads touched as they wept. "I love you so much, Kris." Tao choked out. Kris let out a breath of air as he pressed a kiss to his lips, "I love you too, Tao. I love you so much." They kissed and kissed and kissed. They needed to feel each other's lips. They needed each other. They pulled away as they gasped for breath.

They never stopped hugging.

They never did 

 

 

---

 

 

Tao watched as the other members, all except Kris, packed their things. He didn't feel like leaving just yet. He walked up to Suho and poked him to get his attention. "You guys go without me. I'll have the manager take me home." Suho rose an eyebrow, "Why? What's wrong?" Tao stared at him with his dull lifeless eyes not saying a word, and Suho knew what he wanted to do.

He nodded, "Ok. I'll tell them." Tao thanked him and grabbed his bag. He walked out and down the hall. He went to an empty dance room with closed windows. He placed his bag down and laid down for a moment. He could feel his emotions push out again. His phone vibrated and he got it out.

It was the manager. He texted him saying he'd wait at the front for him. He didn't respond and gulped. He could feel his tears build up. He quickly got up and plugged the radio in. He put his phone on it and picked a certain song, Moonlight. He ran to turn the lights off as it began to play. He sat down and waited. He waited.

He listened to it and let the words soak into his skin. He felt his tears grow more. He crawled over to the radio and switched the song. He flipped it to Baby Don't Cry. He could feel himself break slowly. He sang with the words. He sang with all the passion he had.

He didn't want to cry.

He really didn't.

The song finished and Miracles In December came on. He choked on a sob as he couldn't hold it back anymore. His tears poured from his eyes. He sang with it. He felt him lose every sense of sanity inside of him.

He screamed.

He couldn't handle it.

His fingers shook as he screamed the words.

He felt sick.

He felt needy.

He felt loss.

He needed Kris with him.

He needed him by his side.

The song changed to Christmas Day and sang with it as well. He didn't scream, but sang. He cried as he sang.

Everything hurt.

Everything felt weak.

He sang til the last note. He changed the song to First Snow and held his body. He sang as he cried. He wanted Kris back. He needed him back. He sobbed his name softly as the song switched to a non exo song.

He didn't care.

It fit his mood still.

He cried as he thought about the old times. When EXO was 12. He missed seeing Kris's perfect face. He missed it so much. The song ended and he heard a sob from out the window. He flinched and went to it. He looked out it and saw fangirls crying below. He smiled sadly at them. He cried more seeing them. He opened the window, and left it open. The next song came on and he sung to it. He sung to it while holding himself up from falling.

He felt dizzy and weak.

His tears wouldn't stop running.

He dropped to floor and cried.

He couldn't care about the song anymore.

He just wanted to cry so he did.

His phone beeped the text message ringtone cutting off the music. He frowned, but didn't move. Instead he sung the lyrics without the music. He kept it quiet, but sang. His tears slipped down as he whispered the words.

He felt so broken.

Kris was gone.

The love of his life was gone.

He wouldn't be able to see him anymore.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

He cried into his hands softly.

He cried and cried.

He didn't know what to do anymore.

Everything hurt.

Everything.

He continued to cry until the blackness of sleep closed in on him.

He dreamt of Kris.

Touching Kris.

Seeing Kris's smile.

Seeing Kris's hand on the rest of the member's when they prepared for a show.

He dreamed of it all.

He dreamed of everything that was gone.

Everything that had slipped from his grasp within days.

It was all gone.