Confrontation

Red

When Sunny and her parents got home, Mrs. Lee slammed the door behind her. Mr. Lee urged her to watch her temper but she just outright lost it.

"What are you doing in that girl's house?!! Who is that girl?! Is that the one you brought here the last time?!?!" Mrs. Lee demanded.  Sunny was backed up against the wall.

"Mom, she's my friend."

"How often do you bring friends to our house?! How often do you introduce us to friends and have one stay over for dinner?!?!? What is it about that girl?!?!"

"Mom, it's nothing. I-"

"Tell me the truth, Sunny. I know when you're lying. You're a lesbian, aren't you?!?!" Sunny shut up after that. Her mother straightened up with a smart-aleck smirk on her face. Sunny hated it when her mother acted so smug around her. She knew that her mother had found out. It was getting obvious. And she also knew that she had to stand up for herself.

"Yes. Why?" Sunny bravely said, standing upright with fulll confidence. "Is there anything you can do about it if I'm gay?!" Mrs.Lee slapped her daughter hard across the face, making Sunny land on the floor. Sunny had a red mark on her cheek and slowly ooked up to her enraged mother. She turned her eyes to her father who stood there and watched, too afraid of his wife to even talk.

Dad, help me.  Sunny said with her eyes. Her dad had known or at least had a hunch about her lesbianism but was cool about it, even whispering to her once that he wouldn't mind if she was a lesbian, for as long as she was a good person. Mrs. Lee was more traditional, stricter. She watned to raise her daughter heteroual and see her get married. To a man. Not be with a woman. And now that her daughter had come out in the midst of scolding, she couldn't be any angrier.

"Do not bring that girl here ever again. And do not ever go to their house again." Mrs. Lee shouted. Sunny literally and figuratively felt her heart shattering to pieces at her mother's words. The tears streamed down from her eyes freely, no more shame. She knew she loved Jessica the minute they got together and her mother was getting in the way of their love. 

"I don't ever want to talk to you again." Sunny said. She dashed upstairs to her room and threw herself on the bed, crying. She picked up her phone and dialled Jessica's number.

[IN JESSICA'S HOUSE]

Jessica was drinking and smoking when her phone rang. It was Sunny. Good, she thought. She had been worried sick about Sunny since seeing her parents give her a yelling fit right in front of her house.

"Hello? Are you okay?" asked Jessica.

"I came out. My mother hates me. ing scolded me. I'm running away. I'm living with you." Jessica was taken aback by this. 

"Woah, what?"

"Don't you want to? Don't you want to live with me?!" Sunny cried. "We love each other, right? We can live together."

"Woah. Okay wait. We-"

"I cannot take it here anymore. Don't give me any bull excuses, Jessica Jung!!!!!" Sunny cried while screaming on the phone. Jessica puffed some smoke from and listened intently. A girl she had just learned of via her ex,  she was jealous and suspicious of, met, got along with, had with a couple of times, now wanted to live with her. Gee, you think you could progress from the seemingly 'other woman' to a live in partner?

"Okay. Come by early morning. I'll wait up for you." Jessica said, not having any other choice. She hung up the phone, leaving Sunny crying.