Final

Kiss Me

Jessica walked into the living room and found Yuri sitting on the carpeted floor, using the laptop while plucking random strings on her dark red acoustic guitar. She looked attractive wearing her hair into a high ponytail, her white loose shirt was clinging on her body and her legs were sprawled inelegantly but still endearingly.

 

Everything about Yuri was perfect.

 

The guitarist noticed her presence and smiled warmly before inviting her to sit on the couch behind her. As soon as she complied, the latter placed herself beside her so that they were sitting next to each other and strummed her guitar, playing an all-too-familiar melody which Jessica used to sing on radio shows.

 

"D... Dmaj7... D7... Dmaj7..." Jessica bit her lower lip to suppress the giggle because of Yuri's mumbles.

 

"Kiss me... out of the bearded barley. Nightly... beside the green, green grass..."

 

Soon, Jessica smiled widely which Yuri mimicked while singing english with her evident korean accent. She listened to the husky voice, to the music the guitar was producing, and to her heart which was beating quite irregularly. Yuri's eyes stared  back to hers.

 

"Swing, swing... Swing the spinning step. I wear the shoes and you will wear that dress, ohh.."

 

She noticed that Yuri changed the lyrics and liked it very much.

 

"Kiss me beneath the milky twilight. Lead me out on the moonlit floor. Lift your open hand..."

 

She sang along during the chorus. Their eyes were emitting a certain sparkle of happiness.

 

"Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling..."

 

Jessica could not hold it in any longer. Her eyes were staring down on Yuri's moving lips as her smile turned into a lip bite.

 

"So, kiss m-"

 

Yuri was cut off as Jessica leaned in rather quickly and pressed her lips against hers. They sighed during the kiss and it felt like the most wonderful feeling during this normal day. When Yuri responded, it left Jessica lightheaded and pushed herself closer to Yuri because she felt the need to do so.

 

The couple pulled away, breathless, and smiled to each other.

 

"What's with the random serenade, hm?" Jessica finally asked while her hand reached Yuri's.

 

Yuri grinned and intertwined her hand with hers. "I knew you would like it."

 

Jessica giggled and leaned closer, "Wrong."

 

The latter tilted her head to the side in confusion.

 

 

"I loved it." Continued, and dived in for another kiss.