Chapter 2: Oh..... But I'm Concerned About Her...

Tug of K-Pop Idol *special feature of SHINee and Infinite*

 

(Minji's POV)

 

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning.

I'm not excited though... Just the neutral me. 
I took a bath and picked out the clothes me and Minhi planned last night. A bit of a tight jeans, SHINee t-shirt that Taemin gave us, and Vans sneakers. I styled my hair to a ponytail and peeked my bangs out. I never lived without this ponytail. It has been my style for like my 19 years of life and counting.

I put my things at the living room and went to Minhi's room.

I knocked three times and opened the door to wake her up.

"Minhi, are you awake?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. 

"Yeah, I was about to go out when you came in. Shall we go?" 

"I'm just gonna start up the car and we're good to go"

She nodded and we got our things to put in the car.
I got a driver's license and I drive Minhi to where she needs and wants to go. My parents let me do it since many unchangeable things happen like their death.
I went inside the car and started it up.
I made sure that my license is with me.

Minhi seated beside me and got her seatbelt on.
I looked at her as she nodded and we started to move.

~Almost at SME~

{* Who's there knocking on my door?*}

"Your phone is ringing Minhi." I said, focusing on the road
"Eung"

She clicked the answer button and placed it on her ear.

"Yah, why do you need to call? We're already at SME. Just a few minutes more" she said and put it on loud speaker.

"I'm just concern to the one I want to be with. I'm already at the reception. Ppyong~!"

He hung the phone up.
My eyes darkened as I was enveloped by an I don't know what kind of emotion. Something like a mix of anger and jealousy.

~~~~~~~

I parked the car and we got outside the car.
We went inside the building and we saw Taemin approaching us.

Well that was fast..... Especially to the girl he loves....

"Hey guys!" He said as he offered me a friendly hug.
After me, he turned to Minhi and gave her an 'I-am-your-lover-and-I-love-you' hug.

He got away from the hug and faced us, well mostly Minhi. Probably admiring her....

"The both of you even packed things. Let me help you." He said as he was about to grab my things.

"Yah, don't bother. I'm fine. Just help Minhi." I informed him.
"You sure?" He asked again with a confused face.
This is the first time I declined his offer of help.
"Nae I'm fine"
"Oh okay" he frowned.

"Yah Taeminnie." Someone called.
"Onew hyung!" He ran and whispered something.

I didn't mind them and looked at Minhi, whose face is bright and cheeks a bit red. Probably make-up.
Her make-up is like a necessity and she doesn't even have any pimple or blackheads that a teenager usually have... Which I have....

"Ahhh!"
"Mianhaeyo.. L-let me help you Minji"

Someone bumped me, making me fall.
I looked up to see who he is.... 

"It's okay Onew-ssi." He offered his hand and I got it.

He helped me up and got my things.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine Onew-ssi" 
"I'm sorry... My stage name is Onew. My real name is Lee Jin Ki. I'm 24 already..." he introduced himself.
"I'm Lee Min Ji.. Minji in short.. I'm 19 years old..." I smiled back at him.
"Jinja?When will you turn 20?"
"This coming May 8"
"Oh jinja? Will you held a party? You're turning 20."
"Ahhh aniya.... No special party here"
"Can we come?" He asked, hoping for a 'yes'.
"Sure, you can." I answered with a smile.

He continued to entertain me. Making me laugh. It feels like a hole inside of me is being filled.

(Taemin's POV)

I'm now with Minji and Minhi but Minji has been acting cold lately.

"Hey, what's wrong with Minji? She seems to act very cold lately, especially to me."

"U-uhh? N-nothing... She has been into a fight with a sasaeng fan."
"But she started to act like that when I started to talk more..... With..... You....."

I think I realized what I have done.

|("Why is your blood so hot already? Did I do something crazy to you?")
"Yeah you did. What do you want?"|

I have spent more time with Minhi than her. But I think I just love Minhi that's why it happened. 

I looked back at Onew hyung and Minji. She looks like she's enjoying with hyung. I felt a bit of an ache when I saw them like that. She should be with us. Laughing with us because we were best friends. But I guess she will not be able to forgive me after what I have done.

"Hey Taemin, is there something wrong?" Minhi asked me.

"N-nothing" I stuttered and I took a deep sigh.
"Something is wrong.. I can feel it.. What is it? Tell me." She insisted.
"This is why I don't want to be with the two of you when I have a problem." 

She just took sigh and looked at me.

"I know why Minji's acting cold at me. I've been spending to much talking time with you that I have left her behind."
"Now you know."
"I have to say sorry to her."
"That's not gonna be easy." She immediately answered.
"Why is that?" I was astounded by what I heard.
"You did that to her for a long time. She's not gonna be easy. Unless she will let asdfghjkl (love rule)" she said the last sentence as a murmur.
"What did you say?"
"Nothing. Right Minji?!" She said loudly that caught Minji's attention from Onew to her.
"Huh? You said nothing!" She replied.

Sheesh.. This girl.
She continued to tell what was happening in the house. EVERYTHING... That's why I knew that Minji is crying over this matter.

Minji's attention was then caught by Onew hyung again. We went inside the elevator and the elevator was filled with Onew and Minji's giggles.
It really makes me feel regretful. Now that I was the reason for Minji's silent cries at night.

We went out the elevator when we reached the floor.

I led the way to our room and went inside. Minho hyung, Key hyung, and Jonghyun hyung welcomed them. Almost all focused on Minhi since they know what's happening though except for one that's focusing on Minji.. Which is Jonghyun hyung.

They continued to talk... Only the three of them. (Jonghyun, Minji, and Onew) their silent laughs enveloping the room.
They arrived at exactly 11:30 am.

"Hey guys, are you hungry?" Minji said, loud enough for all of us and our rumbling tummies to hear.

"Nae we are..."
"What do you want eat? It's my treat."
"Chicken!" Onew hyung suddenly said.

With the chicken...... Again......

She looked at us for approval. Since we got no choice, we just nodded.

"You just wait here. I'm going down."
"I'll go." I said.
This is the chance to say sorry.
"Fine, you can go." She somehow glared softly with the cold shoulder.

I felt chills went down my spine. I just stood up and followed her.
We went inside the elevator and an awkward silence enveloped us.
I couldn't even start a conversation with her. We're still 10 more floors to go.

(Minji's POV)
I asked them what they want to eat since it's already lunch time. They told me they want chicken and I am now stuck with Taemin "oppa" here.

"H-hey" He started.
"Well stop being awkward 'OPPA' " I said as I emphasized on the word 'oppa' and draw quotation marks in the air.

"I'm sorry.. For everything..." He said and he looked at his feet.
His words somehow melted me.. Seems he's very sincere though...

"Fine..." I shrugged. The door opened and I started to walk while tears are at the brim of my eyes. I stopped walking and looked up to refrain them from falling and I wiped the remaining ones with my hands. 

I just ignored him and went to a nearby Mexicana shop. I ordered numerous chicken since I think they can eat a horse because of hunger. 
A staff went to me and gave me the things I have ordered. 

"Miss, are you okay?"
"Huh? I'm fine. Dirt went to my eye awhile ago. I can't get it off."
"Since you're just the only costumer, I can help you."
"J-Jinja? Thank you so much."

I acted that I do have dirt in my eye so that he won't think twice. He let me stood up from my sit and blew at my eyes that made me jump back a little bit.

"Thank you... I'm Minji by the way."
"Sungjong. Nice meeting you" he said and he offered me a hand shake.

The door opened right after our handshake.

"Minji-ya, I'm hungry let's go now." Taemin whined and acted like a baby.

I ignored him and looked at Sungjong.
"I have to get going now. Oppa really is hungry. See you next time, maybe? Sungjong-ssi?"
"We'll surely meet Minji. See you" he said and went back to work.

I passed by Taemin and I gave him half of the box. I continued to walk as he followed.


(Taemin's POV)

After a while, we are already at SME and we went inside the elevator. 

"Why are you so cold towards me Minji?" I grabbed every courage I have to speak up before it's too late.

"I hate you. I really hate you." She said. She sounded like she's very tired and a hoarse voice she was able to produce.

"W-why?" I stuttered, afraid of what she'll answer.

"It's because I'm able to forgive you that easily! I'm not that kind of person. You were always Minhi! Minhi here, Minhi there, Minhi everywhere! You forgot about Minji, you always do since you realized you wanted to date Minhi! It seems like I wasn't a part of your life."
She said facing the other way.

"That's wrong!" my voice raised because of what she said.

"Well, sh-you made me think that way!" She loudly said and it echoed in my ears. 

It felt really wrong. Regretful? Despair? Sadness? Grief? None of the words could describe how worse she feels!

"I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.." I looked down. I felt really bad about what she said. It's true that I made her think that way.

"H-hey.... I have forgiven you already. It's okay now. I'm sorry if I acted like this." She said as she went close to me and pulled my chin up.

"Chin up... It's okay now." She said. Reassuring me that it's already okay.

I saw her face, especially her eyes.
She cried when she said that. Tears still evident on her face.
It hurts me when I see her like that.

The elevator opened and she wiped her tears off.

"Let's go. My babies are hungry." She said as she giggled and wiped her tears.

She even joked at this time.
I've never met someone like her that will be able to intentionally forget things. We stepped out and went to the room. They already placed a mat and we helped ourselves with Minji's treat.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong guys!

How's the story, for you, going?

 

Do comment it below guys. Comments are always and forever will be welcome.

 

XOXO,

~NomikaFT