Chapter 1: The Phone Call

Tug of K-Pop Idol *special feature of SHINee and Infinite*

 

(Minji's POV)


"Hey Taeminnie! Wake up."
"I don't want to!"
"Let him be Minji. If he doesn't want to play then let him be."
"But who's gonna be the big brother Minhi?"

I took a sigh as I continued to watch the video mom recorded when we were still kids.

Annyeong! My name is Lee Min Ji, 19 years old, just call me Minji.
I live at an apartment together with my best friend, Kim Min Hi. We've been best friends since childhood, together with SHINee's Lee Taemin. But since Taemin became famous, we were left behind. Though he's famous and all, we still have communication but spends more talking time with Min Hi.
Anyways, Kim Min Hi is my very best friend now. She knows me very well. Why? She's just a minute younger than me. She's also 19 years old and was born at the exact date as mine, May 8, 1995. 

"Hey... Are you gonna stare there all day? I left you looking like that and you're still like that when I came back." Min Hi woke me up to reality.

"Just mind yourself. Don't mind me."

That's all I was able to answer.
After Taemin left us, that's the time I was able to realize that I like him.

I really like him. I really do.
Minhi even told me that it's not just a simple "like".....
It's already love.
Since I'm always denying it from the start, I've already fallen hard. 

I really do miss him. It has been a while after his latest call last 3 months ago. 

{*Ring ding dong ring ding dong digiding digiding ding ding! XD*}

I got on my pace and answered the call.
I got the telephone and placed it at my right ear. I suddenly felt queasy and my stomach feels like it's turning. I suddenly felt excited and all.

"Yeoboseyo?"
("Minji, right? It's Taemin. You know, your voice and Minhi is very alike.") so he still doesn't know me. I felt down when he compared me to Minhi though.
"Are you here to irritate me again? If that's the reason you're calling, then goodbye. I don't need such person."
("H-hey! I'm your oppa. You should obey me.")
"Even though you're my oppa, you have no right to do that. So.... Tata~"
("Wait! I'm sorry.")
"Well, aren't we goody-goody now."
("Why is your blood so hot already? Did I do something crazy to you?")
"Yeah you did. What do you want?"
("Is Minhi there?")
"Yeah she's here, you wanna talk to her?"
("Nae")

I gave the telephone to Minhi and went back to my position before Taemin "OPPA" called. 
I feel empty and a bit jealous. We only just talk for like a minute and it's all done. But when they talk, believe me. It takes eternity of them talking.

~After an hour~

It bugs me now. They're still not yet done talking.

"Hey, are you gonna stay like that for a whole year? You're gonna pay the telephone bills this month. Good luck with the amount." I irritatedly said to Minhi.

"We're almost done! Just 5 minutes more" she pleaded.

"I'm not going to pay for it." I hard-heartedly said and walked away.

As I was walking away, I can't help but overheard what Minhi said.

"As you mean... Us? Dating? I don't know. I'll think about it...... We miss you too.... No 'saranghae-s' will be released from my mouth to you....."

My heart began to ache as Minhi's words sank on me.

Taemin wants her to be his girlfriend. Well that's a great happening in the area.
I pulled my feet up and curled myself up, keeping myself from crying.

"Jinja? We can visit you already? We're so excited..... Okay, we'll meet you at SME's reception area.... Bye~!"

She hung the phone up and went to me.

"U-unnie? I know you heard what I said." She said as she went beside me and hugged me.

"Yeah about us going to SME and we'll see each other at the reception area. I heard that" I said as I am holding my tears.

"The other one before that..."

"What other one? You know, let's just pack things so that we're going to run smoothly tomorrow." I said and I walked to my room and packed my things that I'll bring tomorrow.

~~~~~~
I sighed before I lay myself down to my bed.
I wonder, hiding my feelings for Taemin hurts me.
Right now, I'm too late to admit things. 
Taemin loves Minhi more than he loves me.

I faced my window and closed my eyes.

I just hope tomorrow is a fine one....

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong guys!

NomikaFT is back with a new story.

How was it?

Anyways, please support this in anyway you can.

 

Please comment for further improvement of the story.

 

XOXO,

NomikaFT