Him

Him - Myungsoo

The horrid bell rang through the halls as students scrambled to their classes before the teachers started their lessons. With the horribly uncomfortable chairs and insanely long and boring lectures, your eyes wondered around the room to try and keep you awake while the teacher talked about various subjects. Letting your pencil drop slowly, you used your other hand, gently massaging your writing cramped hand, but as you looked around the jabbering of the teacher started to fade when you looked at this boy. His hair gently brushed to one side, his hair just falling right above his eyes.

Looking up at the teacher, he felt a pair of eyes on him, looking around he caught your eyes, digging your fingers into your hand, you dropped your eyes, picking up your pencil you started to frantically write anything, smiling at you getting caught, he carefully ran his tongue over the top of his bottom lip while a smile curled onto his lips. Turning his attention back to the teacher, you looked up gently and saw his beautiful side profile, his strong jaw, beautiful ears and perfect hair.

Biting the bottom of your lip, you watched the teacher carefully, taking in their lesson, the teacher ended a few minutes before class was over. Feeling a pair of eyes on you, you tried to shake the feeling before lifting your eyes from your paper. Looking around the room, you watched the heads of your classmates gently move as they all looked down but one. The same guy that you were staring at earlier was staring back at you.

Blinking his eyes a few times, he bowed to you apologizing quietly, careful not to draw attention to the two of you. Keeping your eyes on him, he dropped his head lowering it while his less dominant hand rubbed the back of his neck. The pencil gently fell from his fingers while he turned and looked at you, letting out an airy giggle, you shook your head and started to work on your assignment.

Once more, the horrible bell blared through the classrooms, signaling everyone to ruffle their papers and head to lunch, you just packed up slowly and watched everyone leave the room.

A gentle tapping on the corner of your desk caught your attention to see the guy that you were staring at looking down at you.

"Keep your eyes on your own paper, you would hate to repeat a grade." He remarks.

"How would you know?" You questioned him, tilting your head up at him.

Letting out a smirk, he turned his head away from you before looking back at you, “I just do.” He let his fingers run against the top of your desk, dropping off the edge. Pushing in a few more books into your bag, you turned and looked over your shoulder, seeing him standing there opening the door, he smiled glancing back at you before heading down the hall to the cafeteria.

A while later, you grabbed your food and sat alone. Watching people happily chat and giggle with their friends, you poke at your food while your eyes lock on the mysterious boy that you watched during class earlier.

"Who are you looking at?" Your favorite teacher asked, sliding into the seat next to you.

"A-Ah no one." You brushed it off getting a little embarrassed.

"Yah, you know you can tell me anything." She gently pushed your shoulder earning a smile to curl onto your lips.

"Do you see the handsome guy over there sitting with those other five guys? The one on the end?" You tried to point him out as subtle as possible.

"Oh you mean Kim Myungsoo?" She smiled looking at you. "Isn’t he in your class? But wait, he couldn’t be, he is your senior."

"He is though, that is what is strange." You say, looking back down at your food.

"I know why he is in your class." She sang looking back down at her food.

"Really?" You snapped your head around quickly to look at her, a playful smirk tried to hide on her face but your grabbed her arm and begged her to tell you.

"Arasso!" She calls loudly, "I’ll tell you." You happily retracted your hands from her arm.

"Last year, he was going to graduate with high honors and many more awards but the principal looked at his records and saw that he didn’t make the cut off, in age, to graduate, so he was held back a year just because he was too young by a few months." She says while you listened intensely.

"Ah okay, thank you." You bowed to her, the ugly blaring bell sounded again. Standing up from your seat, you waved to her wishing her a good rest of the day before returning your tray of food and walking down the hall to your next class.

Climbing the stairs, you were headed to one of your favorite classes, the hallways were extremely empty. With the traction of your shoes slightly squeaking against the tile floor. Your thumbs gently hung on the straps of your backpack while your slow steps slowed even more.

Myungsoo walked towards you, his hands in his pockets while his thumbs gently stuck out of his pockets, his muscular legs lengthened, then tensing to bring his body forward. Watching his hypnotizing movements, your feet gently slowed to a stop.

His eyes gently caught yours, your eyes couldn’t move from his as he smiled and moved closer to you. With a smile pulling on his lips and a smoldering look forming in his eyes, his stride slowed as he approached you. Turning his body to you, he inched closer to you, inching closer to you. Your feet started to move backwards, as his dark chocolate eyes met yours. With your shoulders hitting the wall behind you, he took his hand out of his pocket, placing it just above your shoulder as his face leaned in towards yours.

With your wide eyes staring into his, his soft kind eyes spoke volumes while his eyes quickly glanced down at your lips, his other hand carefully tilted your chin upwards as he mumbled some words from his perfect pink lips.

Leaning in closely, he tilted his head to yours, your hands gently reached up and wrapped around his wrist while your other hand gently stayed by your side. Sliding your eyes closed, when his warm breath gently brushed over your skin, your heart suddenly started racing.

Jolting yourself up out of your bed, your hair whipped around your neck. Trying to catch your breath, you leaned back on your arms as one of your hands ran over your sweat covered face. Closing your eyes, you groaned softly, leaning over, you opened your window letting in the cold night air.

Laying back down on your bed, your warm sheets surrounded you, staring up at the ceiling you tried to recount how many years it has been since you had seen him.

"Two years?" You questioned yourself, resting a hand on your stomach you tried to steady your breathing, your other hand played with the ends of your hair, carefully twirling it in your hands.

"Has it really been that long?" You questioned yourself while all of the wonderful memories came flooding back. The short nods in the hallway, the way that you would try and plan to see him in the right times in the hallway, looking at yourself in the mirror before you passed him by, the hand waves as you two passed in the hall. The slight glances that he would give you when you two were in the same room, but sadly you were too shy to go up to him.

Glancing at the clock, you sighed seeing the numbers on the clock. Rolling over, you tried to close your eyes and fall back to sleep but he kept coming into your mind, rolling over and finding new positions to sleep, you glanced up at the clock as only a few minutes ticked by.

Groaning to yourself, you knew that this would be a late night for you. Sitting upright, you swung your legs over the edge of your bed. The cool carpet tickled your feet, shuffling your feet gently across the floor, you grabbed a hoodie and tied up your hair messily before walking out of your bedroom.

Making sure to grab your phone and keys, you carefully opened your front door, closing it behind you, you pulled the sleeves over your hands and stuffed your hands into the kangaroo pocket, your fingers gently played with the sharp keys while you let your mind clear on a leisurely walk.

Watching your feet move step by step and the cracks in the sidewalk follow you, the sidewalk was completely empty, but what did you expect for being the early morning. Sighing to yourself, you walked down the block but before you knew it, you were hit, loosing your balance, someone grabbed your arm to prevent you from falling, an arm gently wrapped around your waist.

Your eyes closed anticipating the fall but when you didn’t hit the hard ground, you carefully opened one eye but then you saw his face. Myungsoo. Widening your eyes, your lips parted in surprise.

"Are you okay? I didn’t hurt you, right?" He questioned sweetly while lifting you back onto your feet.

"I-I’m okay." You stuttered, feeling a little flustered.

"Are you sure?" He says softly, nodding your head he smiled at you, a genuine smile that you haven’t seen for years.

An awkward silence filled the space between the two of you, he eventually retracted his arms from you, placing them awkwardly by his sides.

"So how have you been, ________?" Myungsoo asked softly, glancing up at you. Your eyes widened hearing him call your name for the first time ever.

"Pretty good, just doing life." You smiled, tapping your toes against the concrete. Myungsoo nodded to your answer, looking around at the sun that started to rise. "What about you?"\

"A-Ah… just busy." Myungsoo half smiles and nods his head softly.

"That’s good" You nodded your head again

"D-Do you mind me asking you something?" Myungsoo asked sliding his hands back into his pockets, just like he used to do.

"Sure" Your eyes slowly lit up and sparkled under the low lights on the street.

"What are you doing out here this early?" He asks you with a little chuckle lining his words.

"W-Well, I-I couldn’t sleep s-so I wanted to take a w-walk." You dropped your eyes from his, not wanting to tell him the real reason. "What about you?"

"I was just heading back from practice." Myungsoo points his thumb over his shoulder to his studio a few blocks away.

"I see." You whispered pursing your lips as the awkward, quiet silence gently filled the space between the two of you.

"D-Do you… I mean… Would you… l-like to get some coffee with me?" Myungsoo offered rubbing the back of his neck.

Looking at his face, your eyes took in his perfect simple complexion while your eyes found his, his were just like mirrors as the sun came up, you saw the beautiful sunrise in his eyes, reflecting on his beautiful brown orbs. The beautiful warm morning colors highlighted his face while the street lights started to shut off.

"I’d love to." You whispered, walking beside him, your hand was so close to his that you could feel his every move, in a smooth single move, he slipped his hand into yours. But it didn’t feel weird or awkward it just felt right, all warm and perfect. Smiling up at him the two of you walked to go get some coffee together and catch up on the two years that the both of you missed.