Vie

Give Love

Park Chanyeol is a simple boy; he didn’t want much. He doesn’t get into fights as well, especially with a friend. But ever since Jongdae started to show off to Bakehyun, he became greedy. He wanted his roommate all to him and an unsettling feeling kept on bothering him whenever they interact. But he never thought Jongdae will declare war the moment they all sat in a table. They were facing each other while Baekhyun was seated in between them. Jongin and Sehun watched quietly from the other side as they drink the bubble tea of their choice.

“Baekhyun, do you want to taste mine?” Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun as he offered his bubble tea.

“No!” Jongdae cut in and offered his, “Taste mine! Lemon is good!”

Baekhyun laughed and shook his head. “Nah, it’s okay. I’m fine with mine.” He smiled and took a sip. The two boys glared at each other as soon as Baekhyun’s attention was away and heard the boy sneeze (very cutely).

“Here!” Chanyeol and Jongdae said in unison as they gave their handkerchiefs to the short boy but was rejected. Instead, he grabbed the tissue Sehun was offering. “Thanks, Sehun.” He smiled. Chanyeol and Jongdae glared at Sehun as the younger boy smiled with glee, as if mocking them. He stuck his tongue out at his hyungs and enjoyed his chocolate taro bubble tea as Jongin chuckled at them.

“Damn it.” The two boys thought, unbelievably still, in unison. They stared at each other and glare. Baekhyun, on the other hand, didn’t realize the growing tension between his friends. Of course, he was busy talking with Sehun and Jongin since the two boys were busy spacing out. Little did he know, Chanyeol and Jongdae were thinking of ways to impress him.

 

It’s been a good hour and Chanyeol can’t seem to hold his anger and concern towards Baekhyun and Jongdae flirting right in front of him. It was disgusting, nevertheless. He hated how Baekhyun laughs at corny jokes and cheesy pick-up lines that are not from him, most especially if it’s from Kim Jongdae. Chanyeol’s heart would sink every time they hug or hold their hands casually as if it’s no big deal. Well, it was for him; and Baekhyun doesn’t even notice it. Was he too dense to know Chanyeol doesn’t trust Jongdae?

Or was Chanyeol being too concerned?

Jongdae isn’t a bad person, Chanyeol admits. But man, Jongdae can write a book on how to ruin someone’s perfect day.

Their little competition to get Baekhyun’s attention was getting more and more tensed. The boys didn’t really realize that they’ve been throwing hurtful comments at each other. “Hyung,” Sehun whispered to Jongin, “I don’t like this. I think one of them will explode.”

“You saw how they brushed me off a while ago right?” Jongin looked at Sehun, “I tried to stop them but they still continued fighting.”

“Yeah, but sooner or later there will be fists included in their little fight so-” Sehun’s sentence was cut off by the sounds of chairs moving roughly. Jongin and Sehun quickly looked at their hyungs that were standing and pointing at each other.

“Yah! I dance better than you, you little-”

“Stop it! Chanyeol! Jongdae!”

“Oh yeah? I can shuffle and you can’t!”

“I-I can, too! But you’re short!”

“And so what? I can sing!”

“Height is everything!”

“No it’s not!”

“How can you have a relationship with Baekhyun when both of you are short?!”

“How can you have a relationship with Baekhyun when he hates you!?”

“W-What?” Baekhyun stared at them, clueless of what they were saying about him. A relationship? With me? What?

The bubble tea store fell into silence. Thankfully, they were the only ones there (the staffs there went for a break). Chanyeol and Jongdae realized what they said to each other and it was as if confessing indirectly to Baekhyun. Jongin and Sehun decided to not in and shut their mouths for the safety of their hyungs’ secret.

 

-xoxo-

 

“It’s my fault,” Chanyeol huffed as he shoots the basketball but failed. The ball bounces back to him as he grabs it and grasped for air. “I shouldn’t have fought with Jongdae.” He sighed and threw the ball.

“Why did you even fight?” Kris replies as he caught the ball in a perfect timing and aims to shoot it. As he succeeds, he quickly fist pumped into the air quietly and then looked at Chanyeol. “Are you guys, like, preschool or something?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “No. Your drawings are.”

Kris paused. “Hey! It’s called art!” He frowned.

“Yeah right…” Tao chuckled from the back as he dribbles the ball. Kris turned around and squint his eyes at him. “Shut up!”

“But,” Junmyeon started, “I guess you can’t help it. I mean, he started it.” He followed his eyes to the ball being dribbled by Tao as the younger passed it to Chanyeol and shoots it. Junmyeon stared at his dongsaeng from the bleachers with worried eyes. Kris frowns, yet again, in disbelief that Tao teamed up with Chanyeol instead of him. Tao giggled like a girl and hooked his arms with Kris’. “Sorry~” He did aegyo to satisfy Kris. And he succeeds.

Chanyeol sat beside Junmyeon and drank water. The sun is already gone and yet the four boys didn’t have plans leaving the court. But for Chanyeol, he wanted to stay for a while. He doesn’t know what to reply to his roommate’s questions. The supposed to be insults from hours ago became indirect confessions much to his dismay. He likes Bakehyun as a friend.

“You should talk to Baekhyun.” Junmyeon smiled sympathetically.

Chanyeol laughed nervously and wiped his sweat. “What should I say?”

“Tell him that you’re sorry. That it was a joke.” Kris advised as he sat down next to him.

“Just like the excuse Jongin used last time? No, thank you.”

Kris pouted. “Well, what’s your idea, GeniusYeol?”

Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t know.” He covered his face with a towel and sighed again, “How should I know?”

“Do you like him?”

“W-What?” Chanyeol stuttered and removed the towel to look at Junmyeon.

“I said,” He looked at the taller seriously but nervousness and worries are in his eyes, “Do you like Baekhyun?”

“I…” Before Chanyeol can answer, his phone rings and he answers it quickly. “Ah, Noona!”

“Chanyeol, where are you?” Yura asks through the phone. “It’s getting late.”

“Yeah, I’m just playing basketball with Kris and the others. I’ll be back…in one hour.” He sheepishly added and felt his sister roll her eyes.

“Are you with Baekhyun?”

“No…I’m not. Why?”

“But do you know where he is?”

“I don’t know where Baekhyun is.” Chanyeol sighed sadly. As soon as his friends heard the name, they quickly went over to Chanyeol and attempted to listen to what his sister was saying. “What about Baekhyun?” Tao whispered. Chanyeol placed a finger on his lip to shut him up.

“Ah…” Yura gasped, “He’s not yet home. I’ve been calling him but I can’t reach his phone.”

“What?!” Chanyeol stood up. He felt his heart beating rapidly and his mind was filled with questions. “Are you sure?”

“I can’t contact Jongdae as well. I figured he knows where Baekhyun was and-” Chalyeol hanged up and ran away much to everyone’s surprise.

 

Park Chanyeol is a simple boy; he never really wanted anything. But this time, all he wanted was Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Hey! Chanyeol! Wait! Where are you-” Kris called out as he looked at Chanyeol while he runs away from the court with only his phone on hand.

“I’m going to find Baekhyun.” Chanyeol shouted as a reply and continued running while trying to contact Baekhyun.

 

Ever since Jongdae showed off to Baekhyun, his heart started to open up. He realized how important Baekhyun was to him. He can’t possibly lose him; a day without him is like a year without rain, after all. Even if they have been hating on each other for the past years, the giant still cares for the midget. And Park Chanyeol is a simple boy; yet he wants the complicated friendship he has with Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

The feelings for Baekhyun sprout into something more than being friends.

 

-

vie (v) : to comepete with others in an attempt to get or win something

i'm sorry for the late update! ;_; school just started and i'm juggling my homeworks, editing, reviews for college entrance exam, and my social networking sites. and exo decided to distract me /sobs/. um, about the chapter, i wrote it again because the first thing i wrote was about chanyeol hurting baekhyun physically and then it gets messy. it'll turn into angst and i'm bad at angst lol ;;;; so yeah a quick change of plot. :/ idek

thank you for the new subs and upvotes, guys!! ♥♥♥ much appreciated!!!!♥♥ i hope you like my new epic fail chapter! and if you did, leave a comment!!♥♥ hahah; kisses and hugs for you!!!!!!!!! (/ > 3 < )/♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

P.S: reaction on EXO's #LOSTPLANETinWUHAN? Luhan be taking off his shirt. Up next: SHIRTLESS LUHAN PLS.♥

(cr: owner)

[edit: gah im sorry for the image i just idk what toe dit and it's 11 pm here so i need to sleep....]