The First Night

I Would Still Love You if You Weren't Famous

The legendary half yearly camp was fast approaching.

The first night I can spend with Baekhyun, Mi-Hyun thought sourly from her posititon on the quad's floor, and we aren't even speaking to each other.

It was true that this two night camp designed for stress relief was the first time Mi-Hyun and Baekhyun were going to spend together in another place, let alone two whole nights. If it wasn't for their ongoing fight, the two would have been extremely excited, planning all the foods they would bring and what they would do.But since their last conversation on the roof, Mi-Hyun hadn't gone back up there once.

She honestly didn't know what to do. She loved Baekhyun. Baekhyun wasn't allowed to love her. So was she meant to wait for him? Or was she suppsosed to move on? What if he tried to stop her from moving on? What if he loved her too? What if he just couldn't say it? Could she wait then?

There was a murky line between what Mi-Hyun thought Baekhyun felt for her and what Baekhyun actually felt for her. At some points, she was certain he liked her more than a friend. At some points, she thought he only treated her like that because she was one of his very few genuine friends.

But, she thought gloomily, one thing was certain. The change of seating arrangements from the roof to the smelly quad had been a downhill one. Got it? Ha ha ha.

Mi-Hyun sighed. She chewed her sandwich and looked up at the crack of blue sky between the ugly brick buildings.

What's Baekhyun doing right now?

~~~

'Come on!' Mr Kim yelled. 'Move it! Luggage under the bus, then get inside the bus! It's not rocket science!'

'Geez,' Hyorin muttered. 'We're moving as fast as we can. We're just frozen.'

She yelped as she felt felt Kyungsoo's arm curl around her shoulders.

'Is that better?' he asked cheekily, as Hyorin's cheeks tinged pink. She muttered some words of fake objection but she let his arm remain there.

Next to her, Ga-In turned to Mi-Hyun. 'They want to make me vomit,' she said monotonusly.

'Why?' Mi-Hyun smiled. 'I think they're cute.'

'You'd think he would care more about protecting his image,' said Ga-In watching Kyungsoo smile down affectionately at Hyorin. This struck a nerve in Mi-Hyun as she watched the two as well.

'Well,' Mi-Hyun shrugged. 'Good for Hyorin.'

~~~

When Mi-Hyun got on the bus, she saw Baekhyun at the back, laughing with what looked like some other exo members. She could tell by the girls surrounding them. She caught some bits of their conversation:

'Aw, Kai-oppa, you're so handsome~'

'You're so funny, Chanyeol-oppa!'

'You look so good in casual clothes, Baekhyun-oppa...'

Baekhyun was smiling and answering back good naturedly and Mi-Hyun felt anger flare up. She strode forwards, ignoring him, refusing to let him make her feel small and plopped down on a seat near the front. Ga-In calmly sat down next to her as Kyungsoo and Hyorin took the first seat. Geez. She didn't need to hear a random girl to know how good Baekhyun looked in his checkered shirt and jeans. It was the first time she saw him in casual clothing other than on a screen. God.

Unfortunately, the bus was pretty small so even though Mi-Hyun was pretty much as far away as you could get, she could still hear the wisps of conversations and laughter floating down the aisle. She inconspicuously tried to cover her ears, pulling her hoodie over her head and looking out the window. Ga-In happily chatted to another girl, unaware of her bus buddy's misery.

Mi-Hyun numbly watched the scenery streak past; farmers bending down to tend to their crops, men cycling and pulling carts down the dusty path, the white sky and the cold winter sun.

If she had been more aware, she would've notcied Baekhyun's eyes constantly watching her the entire bus trip.

~~~

Two and a half hours later, they finally arrived.

'Finally!' Ga-In stretched as she walked to the side of the bus. 'If we were in there any longer, I would've eaten somebody.'

When she realised Mi-Hyun wasn't replying (Mi-Hyun was sulking), she cheerfully asked, 'Why the long face, honey? You don't look like you're on vacation.'

'Don't call me honey,' Mi-Hyun grumbled. 'And we're not on a vacation. We're on a school trip in the countryside. Farms. Cows. Plants. Not beaches.'

Ga-In waved her hand dismissively. 'Details, details. I thought you would be more excited since you'll have alone time with a certain someone.' She waggled her eyebrows playfully and Mi-Hyun shoved her lightly. She rolled her eyes. As close as Ga-In was to her, there were some things you didn't tell her until you got over them. She had confided in Hyorin though. Maybe that was the reason Hyorin had kept on turning around and glaring at Baekhyun on the bus. Hm.

Mi-Hyun waited next to Ga-In as the bus driver opened the side door for them to retrieve their luggage. Then came the long process of identifying luggage then carrying it all the way to the inn the grade was staying at.

'It's a really cool place,' Ga-In happily chatted as they walked along the cobbled pathway. 'I already researched it online. It's all Japanese styled, did you know, with shoji mats, and robes and hot springs and everything...During the day, we'll be helping with some farm chores, cooking and stuff...we get to bathe during the night...oh, and we get to go to an amusement park the next day...'

Her voice trailed off as she noticed a new person catching up to them.

'Hey, Stranger,' said Mi-Hyun pleasantly surprised as Minho pulled up next to her, slightly out of breath from his run. He flashed her a smile.

'Hey,' he replied, his deep voice so different from the sweet tenor Mi-Hyun was use to hearing. Ga-In looked at the taller male with thinly veiled disdain and Mi-Hyun shot he a weird look. What was her problem?

'Do you guys have any plans for the amusement park visit?' Minho asked innocently and Min-Hyun shook her head. 'Great,' he said, obviously pleased. 'You wanna hang out?'

Despite the vagueness of his suggestion and the secret hope that Mi-Hyun harboured that she would've made up with Baekhyun by then and they would go on every rollarcoaster together, she found herself nodding.

'Okay,' said Minho, apparently stunned that Mi-Hyun had accepted his offer. 'Alright!' He stood still for a second, probably giving himself a highfive in his head, then bounded off with a hurried 'See ya!'

Ga-In broke the silence that followeed. 'I don't like it,' she said, frowning.

'Like what?' Mi-Hyun asked, preoccupied by the thoughts of roof tops and rollarcoasters.

'Minho wanting to spend time with you.'

Utterly confused, Mi-Hyun questioned, 'Why don't you like it?'

'You've probably never noticed because you had always been around Baekhyun,' Ga-In admitted, 'But I've seen the way he looks at you. And it's not good.'

'In what way?'

'I don't know...just reminds me of the way my ex-boyfriend used to look at me. And no good ever comes out of a guy like that.'

~~~

Even in Mi-Hyun's melancholy mood, she couldn't help but gasp in pleasure as she entered her room. Ga-In was right, it was really cool. It looked like she had stepped into an anime, there were shoji doors on the side and bamboo sliding doors on the four other walls. on the floor, three sleeping mats had already been laid out neatly and next to each one; a pretty blue yukata.

'Let's go bathing!~' sang Ga-In.

~~~

Two hours later, Mi-Hyun emerged from the hot springs feeling like she had been reborn. It had felt like pure heaven, silence except for the rising of steam and Ga-In's occasional giggles. She suspected Hyorin had actually fallen asleep in the corner, a towel over her face, probably dreaming of the day she could take a bath with Kyungsoo while Kyungsoo over the fence in the men's bath was probably thinking the same thing.

When she exited the hot springs, the sky above had already turned an inky blue.

Dinner must be soon, Mi-Hyun thought languidly, as she clipped on her bra and then slid the yukata on. It was quite thin, the yukata, but Mi-Hyun was glowing from her bath so she didn't feel cold. She slid open the door of the changing room and her face was greeted with the cool air in the hallway.

It was quite thin, Mi-Hyun frowned as she tugged at the sleeve of her yukata. She was only wearing her underwear underneath and the bathing robe dipped to the beginning of the s so you could see the bits of milky skin that Mi-Hyun had never showed before. Leg wise, it didn't cover everything either.

Oh well, Mi-Hyun thought. You're meant to get changed before dinner anyway. I just hope that I don't run into any boys on my way back.

And it was at this exact moment when this thought ran through her head that Baekhyun emerged from the men's changing room, adjusted the thin belt on his yukata while raising his head and meeting eyes with her.

 

A/N: Woah, such a quick update! *cackles and claps myself on the back* haha, just kidding... btw, I'm playing around with ideas of a new story for Kai and a series of drabbles for Xiumin...I think I'm bound to write them both anyway, but out of curiousity, which one would you guys prefer I write first?

Thank you as always for reading ^^