Can I Have This Dance?

Can I Have This Dance?

 

 

 (cr. ladygalaxy)

 


 

I am excited because fiiiiinally I get to perform with my sweetheart, on stage, infront of lots and lots of people. I get to fully express my heart with the song that we both will be planning to sing. I texted Luna to meet up in the company's cafeteria because it has that Lunew ambience. I like food and Luna likes food too. Well, we will be meeting in one hour time. What should I wear? I have to look nice in Luna's eyes becaus eI love her so much. Not many people knows about our relationship. Only Minho and Amber. They are the only people that each of us can trust. They don't even talk much in the first place that's why both of us choose them to tell the secret to.

Wow, Luna http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FSU9SB9Umn4/T4VGXD0GeXI/AAAAAAAAgFI/M2kQn5Fbu30/s1600/fx+luna+fubu.jpg still looks dashing with that comfy clothes. That's what I love about her, she doesn't overdress. She's being Sunyong at times both of us meet up. I am dressed like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LMnjth0y5B4/UgsUflYo7_I/AAAAAAAAUxc/w8DmCclygPc/s1600/shinee-onew-fashion-37.jpg so I hope she doesn't feel underdress. All girls don't like their guys to be too overdress either. I think it's perfect. As soon as she approaches me down the hallway, we make make our way to the cafeteria. She checked me up and down several times that I had to wink at her the moment her eyes moved up.

We sat down at our favourite spot, near the window https://www.college.library.wisc.edu/about/collections/openbook/images/cafe_area.jpg. Far from the rest, we settled down to discuss about our song over a cup of Green Tea Latte for me and Caramel Frappucino for her.

"Oppa, what song would be perfect for us?"

I cringed at the word "perfect". She knew just what I wanted to hear from her. I couldn't really focus on our discussion because her beauty distracts me. She is just...

"OPPA! Can we focus for just once and stop staring at me?"

Opps, I think I overdid it. I apologised and continued to discuss. Can you just tell me how do I concentrate on my work if your love of your life is infront of you? Nobody can do it, right? Me neither. The discussion went on about one hour, mixed of small arguments and scoldings and laughters. Finally, we decided on "Can I Have This Dance" from High School Musical. We decided to practice the next day because after the discussion, I told her we need to go on a date. I don't have to tell you guys what happened, right?

 


 

Luna's lying on the floor doing nothing as I strolled into the practice room. She immediately stood up and scolded me yet again. I was late because I actually went to the cafeteria to buy breakfast for her. I don't want my sweetheart to go on strike just because we are doing work. I handed her the tuna sandwich and told her that it must last her atleast one hour. I bought atleast 5 for her. We proceed on writing down the plan of how should we perform the song. We keep practicing our diction because English wasn't even our first language. It is for the sake of our English-speaker fans. We keep on practicing with the help of Amber. And only Amber. I felt so sorry for her therefore we tried our best on our diction.

Time check: 1430hrs. We needed our lunch break. One hour should be enough. Luna told me she wanted to nap, and I said I'll get something for her to lie on. She rejected my idea, instead she pointed towards my legs. OH! She wanted me to be her pillow. Aww, I didn't know she wanted that moment for us to be even closer. Amber saw everything she decided to step out and comeback an hour after.

The one hour made me think even deeper on how to make a surprise for her. I took another paper and wrote out MY draft. I needed something else to show my love for her. I think and think and think and think. I grabbed the laptop beside me and started doing my research. Looking through the original music video and dance cover of "Can I Have This Dance?" by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. I found out that there's one point that I can do the surprise for her. Maybe for her it's nothing, but for her...

 


 

The day of the concert came and going good. The atmosphere was chaotic but that gets me keep going on being a singer and a SHINee member. SHINee performed alot of songs, but I just realised my duet with Luna will be after a tiring dance song. Oh no! Will I have the energy to keep it going? I just have to do my best...

"ONEW! LUNA! GET READY!!" 

 

The song starts...

[Luna]
Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.

 

Her sweet voice filled the stadium... Oh, that small dance steps...


[Onew, Luna]
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

 

I sang my line as best as I could. I could sense her smile with my appearance. The crowd? There were crowd? I thought just Luna and me...?


(chorus)
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

 

I love how our voices being in harmony. Another thing why I love her. Her voice.


[Onew]
Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you threw it all

 

Oh no, I feel funny. Out of breath. I stopped for 2 lines for a drink. I just had to. Ugh, my plannnn!


[Onew, Luna]
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

 

Thanks sweetheart for still smiling to cover my mistake.


(chorus)
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

 

I went towards the extended stage together with her. Ugh, my heart beating so hard now. My surprise part is coming soon.


[Luna And Onew]
Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

 

As Luna is focusing her line, we still kept being back-to-back with me...until those words.

I knelt down. YES, I knelt down as she sang those words. I wanted to show her my heart.

Her sweet smile. Her sweet gaze. I swear the time stopped just for us at that moment.


(chorus)
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

 

And my second surprise, I held out my hand. Waiting for my sweetheart to hold my hand too.

SHE GRABBED MY HAND! I mean held. What ever, the crowd went wild... I know they supported Lunew.


Can I have this dance
Can I have this dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwWxynDQN-U


 

"Oppa, what was the kneeling down for?"

I told her that it was my heart asking me to kneel down because I love her so much that I had to prove it to her infront of the world. Yeah, literally the world. I love her so much I had to do it that way. I don't care being scolded later on my anyone because I already did what my heart told to.

 


 

 

<< Okay guys, I started at 1800 on 15th May 2014 and ended at 2300 on 15th May 2014. Not much, but another member done. Need another inspiration to write Minho and Taemin. Bye! >>