Chapter Three

He's My Roommate

Ki Seoul spent most of the afternoon heading from one class to another. As it was her brother's last year, she just had to attend the classes only  and copy whatever the teacher was saying. Luckily, they were not asked to do any kind of work or exercise during the lessons. She would really panic in that case. Her knowledge about law was minimal, all those kind of subjects about people's rights, it was so boring and unbearable for her! She was studying medicine, she knew the name of every single bone in her body, but Law was not her cup of tea.

But for her brother, she'd do anything. Well, the fact that she had cut her hair and was right now sitting in that desk pretending to be him was already enough proof to that statement. 

However, having to deal with those classes was not the problem. Her problem was another one.  Her problem had a name and that name was Kim Him Chan.

She seriously couldn't believe how a person could be so unlucky.

Really, she couldn't. Why among all the students, Him Chan had to be her roommate? 

Yes.

Get your hands off me! This is my room too!

She had remembered that just in the moment she was drinking water along with a painkiller. And she had choked. 

This is my room too!

MY. ROOM.

She hadn't seen any of his friends or (luckily) him since the incident in which her nose was nearly broken by his fist, but she couldn't stop hearing those words indide her head.

His room. And Ki Hoon's room. Therefore her room too. She'd share space and air with that bully. How was she supposed to sleep at night knowing that he'd be right next to her doing who-the--knows-what? 

She remembered the bags on the bed next to hers, and the books on the floor. What kind of person would leave something as important as his study books on the floor? Obviously somebody who doesn't care much about them.

And what kind of person was Kim Him Chan?

Yes. A stupid bully who didn't care about anything or anybody.

She wasn't expecting to live with that guy the three weeks. Well, the fact that the arts building was being repaired was something her brother didn't know. Actually all the students were unaware of it. Otherwise she was completely sure her brother would've taken more time to explain the kind of relationship he had with that guy.

But... what kind of relationship was it, anyway? Ki Hoon had always been rather shy, and although he was independant, he wasn't the kind of guy who would stand up to a bully as Him Chan was. 

Did that stupid brat hate every single student in the campus except for his group of followers, or had her brother done something in the past that had pissed him off and that was the reason why he was so agressive towards him?

She couldn't think of anything, though. What could have his brother done?

Why do you think Ki Hoon's the problem here? He's obviously the victim. She thought, nodding. 

"Alright class" the teacher's sudden voice made her jump on her seat "that's all for today. I heard there's going to be a welcoming party along with the art students tonight..."

What?

She stopped putting the books inside the bag and listened carefully.

"Treat them well, one never knows, you may need to stay a while in the arts building in the future and you won't want them being rude towards you. Respect..."

"Above all" the whole class finished the sentence with a weary tone, and Mr. Kim laughed after waving at all of them and leaving the room.

By the time she finished putting her belongings into the backpack, the room was completely empty. It was 9pm and she still had one hour to go. 

Sighing, she stood up and walked out of the classroom and down the stairs right into the bathrooms. She entered slowly and silently, not wanting to see anybody's intimate parts by 'accident'. Yes, it had already happened and it wasn't a pleasent scene. 

Hopefully the bathroom was completely empty. But, she had already learnt the lesson so she entered one of the cubicles. 

As she was about to open the door to get out of there five minutes later, she heard somebody mumbling outside.

"Did you bring it?" somebody asked.

"Here it is. Soy sauce" a higher-pitched voice answered.

Why where they mubling?

"I've heard he's allergic to it, just put it into the coke bottle and make sure he drinks it before than anyone"

"Arasseo" 

She heard the zip of a bag being closed and stayed still into the cubicle. 

They were planning to make somebody who was allercic to soy drink soy sauce? Were they mad? Obviously they didn't know how dangerous it was to do that to an allergic person. She knew it perfectly.

Syhtoms of an allergy reaction... diarrhea, vomiting, stomachache, dizziness, a drop in blood pressure causing the person to lost consciousness or in worst cases airway obstruction. She recited in her head.

It was a serious thing. 

"Are you sure we won't be caught?"

"Yah, aren't you tired of that already? I'm sick of his arrogance, it's time we get our own back!"

"I know but... seriously... if he finds out..."

"You decide if you're in or not. I'm going to do it" the other guy cut him off "Him Chan made of my first year in the university a freaking hell. I even considered quiting! I'm not backing up now" he stated serious.

Him Chan?

"Aish... just make sure he doesn't know it was us who did it"

"He won't."

Ki Seoul waited some minutes after the two guys left the room and then she got out of it as well. 

So, Him Chan was allergic to soy. 

Yes, it was time somebody made him pay for all the things (she was sure) he'd done. Which were probably (she was even more sure) not very nice.
But... why was she feeling so unseasy and nervous about it? For the rest of the day she couldn't stop thinking about the conversation she had heard by accident, and she wasn't sure if she preferred to haven't heard it.

Now that she knew what those two were up to, she could stop them. She was probably the one that would even think about stopping them. 

Even if it was Him Chan. 

Even if it was him.

Something really bad could happen if he was seriously allergic to soy. 

When the bell that announced the end of the classes rang, anxiety grew inside of her. What should she do? Should she warn him? She was not the kind of person who would harm anyone. Him Chan surely deserved a taste of his own medicine, but what those guys were planning to do overstepped the mark. 

She made her way to her room, a little faster than usual. Everybody was heading to the rooms as classes had finished for that day.

They're surely going to do it during that party.

She bit her lower lip when she entered the room and found out there was no Him Chan there.

He should be arriving soon. 

She left the bag next to the bedtable and checked her phone to see if Ki Hoon had sent her any message, though she doubted it. He was probably minding his own business there in Italy.

The phone fell off her hands when the door suddenly slung open. 

She turned her head to see Him Chan entering the room, he smirked at her reaction and closed the door behind him. Rather than feeling nervous or afraid, Ki Seoul felt uneasy and anxious. If she was going to tell him what she knew it was now or never. She was not going to attend the party.

"Nice nose" he laughed. The girl instinctively raised her hand to her face and touched the little bandage she had applied on the trunk of her nose.

Him Chan pushed her rudely to get her out of the way when he opened the wardrobe to take a pair of trousers and a shirt out of it. He closed the door of the piece of furniture and turned to face the girl.

"If you touch any of my belongings that nose it's not the only part of your body that will bleed" he pointed at his 'side of the room' and then Ki Seoul was unnecessarily pushed to a side again.  

She clenched her teeth as she watched him get into the bathroom.

"You can die from your freaking stupid allergy! I don't care!" she shouted and kicked the footboard of her bed, grabbing her phone and going out of the room furiously. Only to collide with the group of friends of his roommate right after closing the door.

"Oh! It's Ki Nerd" one of them greeted happily as if he was talking to an old friend.

"How's your nose? I see you put a bandage on it" the one that looked like the older spoke. She was pretty sure his name was Yong Guk. Ki Seoul scowled and her eyes fell on the can of coke he was holding.

'Put it into the coke bottle and make sure he drinks it...'

She hesitated. 

"Is Him Chan inside?" another voice brought her back from her reverie.

"Am I some kind of homing pigeon? Enter and see that by yourself" she exclaimed, walking away as fast as her feet permitted her. She stopped right halfway to the stairs though, and went back to the door. The group of guys where still there having some kind of casual conversation that was cut out by her presence. 

She approached Yong Guk and took the can of coke out of his hands. 

"...and you guys should stop drinking this , it's bad for your health."

The five guys watched in disbelief as she threw the litter into a trash can placed nearby and disappeared down the stairway. Ki Seoul made her way to the outside of the building fighting the guilty feeling growing inside of her. Well, she had done something to prevent it. That was all she could help with after her oppa's uniform had been ruined by her own blood earlier.