Happy Birthday Tao

Happy Birthday Tao

     "Tao...Tao...Zitoa..." Sehun said, voice barely above a whisper, so he wouldn't wake up the other members. It was Taos birthday, and he wanted all the members of EXO to spend time with him-ending the night with some comedy movies.

     They had all fallen asleep in the living room at some point during the third movie. Sehun had been the only one left awake, making sure to not let sleep consume him so he could get everything ready in secret, without any interruptions.

     Tao was unresponsive to the attempts his boyfriend was using to try and wake him. Sehun grumbled, -face activated. He blew air out of his nose, loudly, then he shook the broad shoulder of the man. Chanting Taos name again, only slightly louder.

     The panda-look-alike, again, didn't move. Instead, there was a shuffling noise from across the room. Sehun looked up from the sleeping boy bellow him-to the left side of the room. Luckily the noise had just been from Baekhyun turning on his side; cuddling Chanyeol.

     Sehun scrunched up his nose in mock disgust. "Those two...really. Get a room." He mumbled to himself. He looked back to Tao, trying to figure out how on earth to rouse him. He gave up on trying to be nice, and decided to mosquito pinch Taos right arm.

     Tao woke up with a yelp, hands at a ready position incase it was an intruder that woke him. He saw Sehun above him and let out a loud sigh, placing his hand over his heart. "Sehun! You scared me! Don't do that!" He exclaimed.

     Sehun put a finger to his own lips. "Sh...Zitao. Don't wake the others."

     Tao raised and eyebrow; lowering his voice, he asked, "Why are you acting weird?"

     Sehun stood up from his squatting position beside Tao, rubbing his hands down his pants to get the wrinkles out. Tao looked at Sehun with curious eyes. "C'mon Zitao."

     "What?" Tao asked. "'C'mon Zitao' to where exactly?"

     Sehun groaned and rolled his eyes. He grabbed Taos arm and pulled him off the floor. "Just follow me." Sehun told the difficult boy.

     "Hey!" Tao hissed under his breath. "This is no way to treat you elder Sehun!" The younger boy ignored the wushu master and continued to drag him behind. "Oh Sehun!"

     "Will you just shut up and follow. God, you're so difficult sometimes." Sehun informed him as he lead them up to the stairwell.

     Tao huffed. "Who gets treated like this on their birthday?" He sighed. Sehun looked at his watch.

     "You're birthday is over in 5 minutes Tao." Sehun stated.

     Tao glared at him. "But it's still my birthday right now. And you didn't even get me a present. Bad boyfriend." Tao scolded.

     "I know that." Sehun told him. They reached their destination, and Sehun opened the door. Tao gasped.

     Sehun had lead them to the roof of the building. There were fair lights hanging from the section of wall attached to the door they had just entered from, and the ledge of the roof. There was a blanket in the middle, and two glasses with what looked like wine in them, as well as what looked to be slices of cake on two plates.

     Tao smiled and looked to his boyfriend. "Sehun...this is wonderful." He said.

     Sehun smirked. "I know...lets sit." They did so, and snuggled up to each other as they chatted, ate and drank. Sehun gave Tao a tiny box. Tao gave him a curious look and opened, it contained a plain silver ring.

     "Sehun?" He looked at the younger boy with confusion.

     "Don't worry Tao...I'm not proposing to you." He told his lover. "It's a promise ring, I'm giving it to you so you know that I promise to love, care, and respect you to the best of my ability for as long as we are together. Which, I hope is a very, long time."

     "Sehun...you're the best boyfriend." Tao smiled and kissed him lightly. "I love you." He stated, hugging him tightly.

     "I love you too Tao...very much so." Sehun smiled and kissed the side of Tao's head.

     "This totally makes up for you not getting me a gift."

     Sehun pulled away and glared at him. "This is your gift!" He said, astounded.

     Tao laughed. "I know, I was only joking. Now come back and kiss me please. It's my birthday."

     Sehun looked to his watch. "Your birthday ended 7 minutes ago."

     Tao kissed him. "I don't care." He whispered, pulling Sehun back in for a more passionate kiss.