004

No Bodyguards, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Prime Minister (also known as, um, my Dad), tells one of the guards at the door to send out orders to fetch Niel along the other bodyguards and, soon enough, Niel along with five others enter the room. The make-up Niel had worn earlier has been washed away and he is now dressed in a casual (yet somewhat classy) white t-shirt with jeans. All of them are dressed in casual clothes but they look nice and classy. They bow in greeting and organize themselves in a line.

"These are your bodyguards," Dad says.

"Six of them?" I look at him wide-eyed.

"Yes," Dad tells me. "One of them will be accompanying you however long you must stay here. Don't worry, they're all highly trained, at the top of their class."

"Why do I need a bodyguard?"

"We will discuss that during dinner in a couple of hours," Heechul tells me.

A couple hours? Ugh... I'm starving. I didn't eat a bite before I left for the market. Mom must be terribly hungry and worried back at home.

"I don't think it will be fair to have Clover wait for that long," Dad says. "She must be starving. I will ask the chefs to prepare the food early. Clover, what would you like to eat?"

"Oh, um..." I hesitate. Well, here goes my pride. "I'm pretty much only familiar with rice and noodles..."

"That's fine," Seoljun smiles at me. "Would you be up for some chicken?"

I'm a goner.

"I've never tried chicken," I admit sheepishly, looking at the ground.

"You haven't?" Junsu almost gasps.

Heechul pinches Junsu in the side, causing him to wince. "Behave yourself!" he says.

"Don't worry, Dad tells me, "I will ask the chefs to prepare some roast chicken. It's delicious, trust me."

Dad sends an order to the chefs through one of the guards at the door.

"Heechul, introduce your men," Dad says once the guard had left the room.

Heechul steps forward and bows. "Of course."

"Well, these six men," Heechul says as he gestures toward the six bodyguards, "are the six main bodyguards in the manor. There are others, too, but they are the main six. Now, they will introduce themselves and their personal skills. Trust me, it'll be must easier to pick one that way."

"Wait, I have to choose one of them?"

"Yes," Heechul tells me. "Anyways, Niel, you're up first."

Niel steps forward and bows politely. "Hello, Miss Clover," he says. "I'm Ahn Daniel, or Niel. My specialty as a bodyguard is crossdressing." He steps back again and smiles at me.

The next one steps forward. He's well built, awfully adorable (well, all of them are), but his expression is stern, a little more serious than it should be, and rather frightening as well. Would it kill you to smile sometime?

"Bang Minsoo, or CAP," he introduces (his name). His tone is flat. "The oldest of the six of us. Specializing in combat..." he pauses to catch what looked like some kind of training block that Heechul had unexpectedly chucked toward him (which had caused me to flin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter