You're Not Fake

You're Not Fake

Even though she wouldn’t like to admit that, Amber was kind of excited. She was about to have a secret date with her also secret boyfriend. That boyfriend was no one else than her best friend at the same time – Henry.

He was coming over to her dorm in a bit – it was too risky to meet in public due to fans and reporters and anyone else who shouldn’t know they are actually dating. People were already assuming things, anyway. So they always just met somewhere safe, like f(x)’s dorm or the apartment Henry was sharing with his friends from NoizeBank.

They’ve been in a secret relationship for a while now, but there was one specific reason Amber was even more nervous than all the other times. Their relationship reached the stage of taking the next step – and that step included exploring and touching each other at spots which are usually covered by fabric.

And as if that wasn’t making her nervous enough, Krystal literally forced one of her push-up bras on her. Granted, all of Amber’s bras were just plain simple – she actually found that she wouldn’t even need to wear any at all since, in her opinion, her s were almost inexistent. But once Krystal set her mind on something, you just can’t win against her.

The feeling as well as the view down to her chest was really unfamiliar to Amber, and she wasn’t sure if she felt comfortable like this. But according to Krystal, Henry would love it so much that he wouldn’t even be able to take his eyes off her – even less his hands.

But was that really what Amber wanted? – Well, kind of, yeah.

 

A little while later, Henry wasn’t surprised to be only greeted by his girlfriend when he entered the dorm. During their last dates – if that’s what you could call it – the rest of the girls suddenly had appointments to go to, people to visit, shopping to do. Of course Henry knew that those were all just excuses. They might all be busy, sure – but not that busy.

“Hey, pretty,” Henry greeted Amber with a grin on his lips, just before he bent down to her to place a chaste kiss on her lips.

Amber cleared after kissing Henry’s lips in return and rubbed the back of her neck. “It’s still awkward when you call me like that.”

Henry shrugged. “You’ll have a long time to get used to it, because I won’t stop.” His glance went down to her chest for a moment, and Amber could see how his eyes widened just a bit. “Uh,” he then said and looked back at her face, “you really look pretty tonight, though.”

Only because of those fake s?, Amber thought to herself, but gave him a smile this time. “Thank you, gentleman. Victoria left us some fried noodles. Want some?”

 

While they were eating at the kitchen, Amber could feel Henry glancing at her chest every now and then – a lot. On one hand it made her feel awkward, but then, on the other hand, it really flattered her. He was her boyfriend, after all. He was allowed to stare at the pillows in her – well, Krystal’s – bra.

That sounded really weird.

When Amber looked up at Henry, she noticed his furrowed eyebrows and raised one of hers. Didn’t he like what he was seeing? Or did he notice something looked different than usual?! After thinking for a moment if she should do so, she asked him: “Is something wrong?”

“Nah,” he replied right away, but was still looking kind of wary. “Nothing, babe.”

Amber gulped lightly and nodded. “Okay. Good. Done?” She pointed at the empty plate in front of him.

“They are bigger, aren’t they?!”

Oh. “W-What do you mean?”

“Those.” Henry nodded towards her chest. “They look bigger. Like, a lot bigger.” With a curiously raised eyebrow, he looked up at her face again, waiting for an explanation.

“I’m on my period,” Amber said before she could even think. It was a lie. She wasn’t on her period. But it was actually the easiest way to get out of this.

Henry blinked slowly, but then nodded.

Amber put both their plates into the sink and exhaled in relief.

 

“I wish we’d have more time to do these things.”

Amber didn’t really listen to what he was saying, too distracted was she by the touch of his lips on her neck, causing her to let out a quiet sigh.

“I’ll be going to China next week,” Henry muttered against her skin just before giving it a gentle bite, “but only for a few days. Don’t miss me too much.”

The girl underneath him sighed once more, nodding almost unnoticeably at his words while her fingers crawled their way up his spine underneath the shirt he was wearing.

Henry took this as permission that he was allowed to do just the same and slipped his hand under the fabric on Amber’s waist, slowly moving it upwards while he trailed kisses along the girl’s jaw.

Amber was way too focused on the feelings Henry was giving her with all his actions that she totally forgot about something. She didn’t even notice anything when Henry’s hand cupped one of her still covered s.

“What the actual –”

Oops. “H-Huh?”

Henry sat up, his hand still resting on Amber’s chest, and looked down at her with a look that was wordlessly asking her for an explanation.

But Amber didn’t even understand how he could notice anything so quickly. It didn’t feel that different, did it? Okay, it did for her, but she was the one wearing that thing.

“Let me guess,” Henry said, “that was Krystal’s idea?”

Amber bit her lower lip and nodded slowly.

Letting out a sigh, Henry pulled his hand back and leant down to his girlfriend again. For a moment, Amber thought he’d be upset or something – but then he smiled, and it almost melted her. “Amber, do you wanna know one of the reasons I started liking you?” He didn’t even wait for her to answer, but continued speaking right away. “You’re real. Everything about you is real. From your character to your looks. You don’t hide behind a ton of make-up just to impress anyone, you don’t walk around in high heels just because that’s what other girls do, you don’t wear those weird bras that make your s bigger than they actually are just to try and make me go crazy for you. I already am, anyway.”

The amused grin on Henry’s lips made Amber grin in return. She knew from the beginning that wearing this bra was a stupid idea. Next time she won’t listen to Krystal and stay true to herself like she always does. Yes.

“You’re not fake,” Henry said, “and that’s why I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Amber replied right away, and those were the last words they said to each other before they spent the rest of the evening with kissing each other.