One Cass too many

Drunk Tales

 

 

jongsuk is having a headache. not even those dull throbbing type that he endures midway through a 8-hour photoshoot with bright lights and the photographers’ flash and numerous people all trying to get his attention at once, but the thin, sharp kind that makes him want to squeeze his eyes close and lay his head somewhere cool and dark.

to the night’s benefit, it is kind of cool and dark, and if he turns away from the CF set he can almost convince himself he is all alone. only it isn’t so much cool as it is cold - freezing in fact – and any cover of darkness the night offers is rudely broken by a dozen of set lights. he tries exhaling on end on his palms bundled in thick gloves, but it only serves to make him light-headed, the pain in his temple hitting a little sharper.

jongsuk-ah, you okay?” he doesn’t need to turn around to know who it is. woobin skips up to him (or as close to a skip as those terribly long legs can achieve) and claps him gently on the shoulder. it is not until the taller boy reaches jongsuk that he senses something amiss.

“are you not feeling okay?”

“i… am. okay,” jongsuk manages to croak, rubbing his eyes as he turns back to face the set. “just a little tired.”

 

 

woobin is silent awhile gazing at him, but quickly follows up with a laugh.

“perhaps… you need a drink?” winking at jongsuk, he wraps jongsuk’s wrist in his slender fingers and leads him to a foldable plastic table off to the side of all the equipment, maneuvering him through the crowd.

 

 

jongsuk is relieved it is considerably quieter here.

grinning again, woobin pushes a hard cold beer into his stomach. it feels heavy against the layers jongsuk is wrapped under, much like a icy rock.

“in this weather, you don’t even need ice,” he adds, cracking open a can for himself; there is something in the way his eyes glint under his long bangs as he takes a long swig - the can’s bottom facing the sky and minute condensation droplets trickling down his forearm - that makes jongsuk relent. one drink can’t do that much damage.

he doesn’t even fancy the taste of alcohol that much; something about the way it makes his throat sting as it goes down and his head go a little too light that he tries to stay away from, but he figures it there’s nothing that can possibly make his head hurt more anyway.

the first gulp is as terrible as jongsuk remembers his last drink to be (a short celebration with some hyungs that thankfully didn’t last enough to warrant soju) but there is something about the way woobin is 90% his entire vision at the moment and closing his eyes as he downs the rest of his can that eggs jongsuk to continue. he finds it becomes almost bearable as he goes on.

 

 

woobin is already opening another can, and jongsuk is surprised when he doesn’t lift it to his own lips but presses it unto his right palm instead, the metal slippery and chilly. hey, when did he even finish his first can-

they aren’t talking much, the only sound being jongsuk’s own swallows loud in his ears. woobin is drinking significantly faster than him, but woobin has always fancied and drink, and jongsuk is almost glad to be finally joining him for one. wait, how many drinks have they had so far-?

but it doesn’t matter because the world is turning a little fuzzy and woobin is breaking their silence to say something but jongsuk can’t really hear him and is trying to step in closer to maybe hear a little clearer and woobin’s shoulder is warm, broad, just nice when it meets his face when he trips, falling forward.

“hey-! jongsuk-ah-!”

 

 

woobin grips has to grip both of jongsuk’s arms to keep them from collapsing to the ground. “-are you okay?”

 

 

jongsuk, now leaning heavily onto woobin, feels the taller boy’s voice as much as he hears it, vibrating in his chest. it feels nice.

“say that again,” he giggles, and woobin freaks out.

“please don’t tell me you’re drunk, you idiot-”

 

 

jongsuk doesn’t know exactly what he finds funny but woobin sounds alarmed and sound waves feel different when woobin is slightly anxious, such as now, so he giggles again.

“ah, your tolerance , and you didn’t eat dinner did you?” jongsuk feels the world sliding, all lopsided, and suddenly there is an arm circling his waist and woobin has moved from being in front of him to his left and there is another broad shoulder for his head to lean on, to the side. 

“you... are. very. warm,” jongsuk announces, choosing his words carefully.

“and you are very tipsy, bastard,” woobin counters, but the hand on his waist wraps just a little tighter; jongsuk decides he quite likes walking with his best friend like that. he makes a mental note to always walk like that from now on.

“come on, let’s lie you down somewhere…” a sigh, and jongsuk is moving all of a sudden, his feet dragging around disobediently. did his feet always not listen to him like that-

 

 

woobin laughs. “stop talking to yourself,” - jongsuk realises with only a pinch of horror that he must be saying all of his thoughts aloud - and then, much quieter that jongsuk would have missed it if he isn’t pressed up so tightly against the other boy, an added: “ah, how cute, seriously…”

 

 

jongsuk smiles. his head feels too heavy and so do his feet, but at least his left hand is free enough to reach out and wrap woobin’s waist in return in a sloppy grip. maybe he likes drinking just a little after all.

--

part 2 will be much more exciting.
i held back on the jongbin
in this one for some reason. tell me what you think still?