Empty Promises

Perhaps..I like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Min Ho's Hotel Room)

Min Ho : How is she? 

Soo-Hyun (hand on the nape) : Arhh. I'm not sure. 

Min Ho : Is there anything I can help? 

Soo-Hyun : Make her happy. Will you?

Min Ho : Huh? I don't get you. 

Soo-Hyun : Will you make her fall for you? 

Min Ho (shocked) : MUEOS?! What did you say? 

Soo-Hyun : You heard me! I asked you to make Shin Hye fall for you. Make her like you. Fall in love with you. 

Min Ho : What with the sudden change of behaviour! What happened? (Soo-Hyun quiet) Hyung. I need to know the truth. What happened to Shin Hye? (paused a while) Is it Shin Hye's ex? (Soo-Hyun still quiet) If I guessed correct. The guy that she saw, she mentioned is him. Am I right?

Soo-Hyun : Deh.

Min Ho : Something happened. Something bad. Is this why she is tearing just now? And is this also the reason why you are over-protective over her?

Soo-Hyun : Hm.

Min Ho : Did you or perhaps went against their relationship before? 

Soo-Hyun (stares at Min Ho, surprised) : How did you--

Min Ho : Well. Remembered what happened that night. (recalling what happened when Soo-Hyun saw Min Ho is with Shin Hye and So Won) Before I even ask to date Shin Hye. You already behave this way. I guess whoever is dating Shin Hye will gets extra treatment. (chuckles) 

Soo-Hyun : Ani. 

Min Ho : Then, tell me! 

Soo-Hyun (clear his throat) : He..He is Shin Hye's sunbae during university. They met during one of the university outing. They are very close. He seems to understands Shin Hye. Probably because Shin Hye at that time is naive. She really thinks he is the one. Everything seems fine. My parents and including myself were happy for Shin Hye. He is really a nice guy. Then, things changed. 

Min Ho : Because of So Won? 

Soo-Hyun : Not really. But that is one of the reason. 

Min Ho : What happened? 

Soo-Hyun : They dated for few years. Maybe 2 or 2.5 years, then when Shin Hye decided to adopts So Won, they had an argument. Since then, Shin Hye always crying in her room. We thought is over for them. Somehow, 2 months later, he proposed to Shin Hye. We thought probably they sort everything out. Shin Hye is happy. She is back to normal. 

Min Ho : She is engaged? 

Soo-Hyun : Well. If you consider proposal as form of engagement. Then, Yes. But if you mean signing the paper and all then No. 

Min Ho : Then, why is she single? 

Soo-Hyun : He didn't turn up for registration day. 

Min Ho : You mean the marriage registration day?

Soo-Hyun : Deh. Because I asked him not to. 

Min Ho : You?! MUEOS!! WAE?!

Soo-Hyun : Because he doesn't deserve her. 

Min Ho : Hyung. But that doesn't mean---

Soo-Hyun cuts in : He is a married man! Do you think that he still deserved her? 

Min Ho (silence) :Married? What!! 

Soo-Hyun : 1 week before the registration day. I bumped into him. He was in Las Vegas. I was there for a shooting. I saw him with his fiance, which is pregnant. I overheard their conversation. They knew that our family background, that we are quite well to do. Originally their plan is to con Shin Hye's money. But then, after sometimes, he knew how wealthy we are, he somehow managed to convinced his wife to let him get married with Shin Hye and later try to get Shin Hye to transfer everything, car, property, to his name. 2 days before the registration, I went to see him. I paid him USD 50,000 to get away from Shin Hye. 

Min Ho : Did Shin Hye knows about this? 

Soo-Hyun : Ani. I didn't want to break her heart. That is her first love. I know how it feel. Min Ho. I need your help. Now he is back. I think he is back with an intention. I got a bad feeling. He is too cunning.

Min Ho : Hyung. (pat on his shoulder) Don't worry. 

 

(The other side)

Hyun-Joong : My love. Of course I miss you. Don't worry. Once I'm done. I will be back soon.

HwangBo : Promised!

Hyun-Joong : Deh. Goodnight. (kiss on the phone)

Hyun-Joong : Shin Hye. Do you miss me? (smiling) 

(The next morning) 

Min Ho : Gaja.

Shin Hye : Where are we going? Where is So Won? 

Min Ho : Hyung got her. You are mine for today. 

Shin Hye : Min Ho! I don't feel like going out---

Min Ho cuts in : Ani. Today you are mine. So you go whereever I go. Arraso?

Min Ho basically drags her out from her room and out of the hotel. He felt heart ache to sees her like this. Just before they gets into his car. Someone called her name. She just stood there. 

Shin Hye's mind : That voice. Is it him? Is him!

Hyun-Joong : Shin Hye!

Shin Hye turns around. She can't believe what she sees. The guy that disappear just like that. The guy that supposed to marry her. The guy that proposed to her. He is back. He is standing right in front of her.

Shin Hye : You.

Min Ho's mind : Is that the guy? Shin Hye's ex? Why is he here? So Hyung is right about him. He guessed correct that he will come to look for Shin Hye. He is back with intention. And he is definitely cunning. But I didn't expect this fast. (he sends a text to Soo-Hyun) 

Hyun-Joong : Shin Hye! (hugging her)

Shin Hye : Let go of me. What the hell do you think you are doing?  

Min Ho : Let go of her before I lay my fist on you! 

Hyun-Joong : Who are you?

Min Ho : You don't have to care who am I. All you need to do know is to lay your filthy hand off her. (pull Shin Hye stand behind him) I'm warning you. Stay away. 

Hyun-Joong : Do you know who am I? 

Min Ho : Yes. I know you. You are the bastard that broke her heart. 

Hyun-Joong : I'm her fiance. (with fierce look)

Min Ho (chuckle) : Fiance? You are that thick face to named yourself her fiance after all? Well. Even you are his fiance, so what? You are a runaway groom.

Hyun-Joong : You---You---(pointing at Min Ho) 

Min Ho continues : Whether you are her fiance, that is the past. Now you are the history and I'm the present. So get lost! 

Min Ho turns to Shin Hye. 

Min Ho : Gaja. (see a stream of tears down from her eyes) 

Hyun-Joong : I'm not done yet. (Pull Shin Hye to him) 

Shin Hye : Let me go. 

Hyun-Joong : Shin Hye. Let me explain. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter