Chapter 7

Confrontation

Suzy didn't know what she had just done. She had stood up to one of the scariest people in school in the spur of the moment, as she had always hated people who slacked off on projects and didn't do the work compared to other students; Suzy had always thought group projects were about working together, not separately. Sighing, she hoped she hadn't made a huge mistake in telling off Woobin. Hopefully if her words had gotten to him, he would actually comply with her outburst and actually come to the library. Stalking back to class, she shook her head to rid her mind of Kim Woobin. After all, he wasn't her trouble to deal with and he seemed way too twisted for them to ever be friends after this. 

When it was afterschool and the last bell signaled for the end of the day, Suzy hurried to the library, making sure she and her ever-reluctant partner had seats when he showed up to do the project. She wasn't entirely sure he would show up, as she hadn't really give him much of a choice to not show or show up. As she kept waiting, she tapped her fingers on the desk quickly. Realizing she was bothering people around her, she decided to get a few books to read instead.

As she was reading, Suzy couldn't concentrate as she kept looking at the entrance until she heard sudden audible whispers around her and looked up. It was Kim Woobin, looking quite bored and uncomfortable as people stepped aside to give him room and gave him weird stares behind his back. She was still quite astonished to see that he actually listened to her when it was rumored he didn't care about his homework or anything, but only bothered to show up in class because his rich parents told him to. As he slowly sauntered over to Suzy, who was still looking up intently at him, she knew the rumors weren't exactly accurate.

If he didn't care, why would he have bothered to show up? Soon, she was snapped out of her thoughts when Woobin leaned over and waved a hand in her face to catch her attention. Smirking, he remarked, "Did you zone out there? We need to do the project, you know." She answered him, looking flustered as she retorted back, "Of course not! And I was thinking we could do a fashion show and the music would be a recorded song, what do you think?" Thinking for a moment, he replied back, "I don't really care, do what you want." And there was his nonchalant attitude again.

Standing up, she wordlessly went to one of the computers and logged in. Woobin followed her, standing in the back of her chair. Typing in results for concepts of modeling and what kind of music to use, Suzy could feel the proximity between them and she focused on it in the back of her mind, it made her head hurt. She could sense his heartbeat as he leaned over, looking at the computer screen intently. His breath; she could feel it and hear it. It was warm as Suzy could feel it on her neck and she couldn't help but shudder. 

She tried to ignore the feeling of what Woobin gave her, and turned around to face her partner, only to recoil back as his face was so close to hers. Suzy could count the eyelashes on both of his eyes and if she reached her arm out just a little bit, she could touch his hair... "Are you daydreaming again? And you're the one that lectured me to come to the library, you know," he commented, waving his hand in front of her eyes again to catch her attention. He looked over at the screen and finally said, "The fashion show idea is okay, but I suggest thinking up a solid concept for it, and then we can find a song for you to cover. What do you think?" 

Suzy couldn't think of any words coming up to mind. She had never fathomed Woobin would ever say any of those words, as it was so much more different than the Woobin she was used to; who was all solitary and didn't care about his homework in the slightest. Before she completely zoned out again, she replied, "Yeah, that sounds swell." Why was she so out of it today? And what was the effect Woobin had on her? She didn't have answers for any of those questions. 

As he slung his bag behind him, Woobin proceeded to leave the library, as he was getting fed up of the stares he knew were on him. But something held him back. Looking back, Suzy was holding his arm, and she seemed to be unaware of her actions until she felt her arm holding a firm arm. Looking up, she stared up in the confused face of Kim Woobin. What was she doing?