Exception

Take a break

Dedicated to byechanyeol

a short little chansoo Drabble just for you. 

 

 

 

From the moment Kyungsoo wakes up to the moment he falls asleep, he receives a text message from the one and only Park Chanyeol. 
One would think that an innocent text like 'morning soo! Eat well and get to school safely:3' or 'goodnight soo! Have sweet dreams' would be accepted as cute and loving, but not Kyungsoo. He dreaded this texts. Kyungsoo never did like Park Chanyeol. 

Park Chanyeol was everything Kyungsoo wasn't. 

Park Chanyeol is smart, tall, strong, handsome, and humble. 

Do Kyungsoo is small, average, ordinary, plain, and unattractive; or so he believes. 

Every morning he wakes up to the lovely text and every morning he ignores it, except for today. 
Kyungsoo responds "why do you do this every morning?"
It wasn't even a minute later that he received an answer. 
"Because I care about you"

Kyungsoo sighed and continued like he never read the text message. 

School wasn't all that different. He attended his classes, occasionally  answered a few questions, and, oh yeah, bumped into Park Chanyeol. 

Kyungsoo hated it. Chanyeol has always managed to bump into Kyungsoo everyday at the most unexpected places. 

It irked Kyungsoo because Chanyeol always asked the same thing, and today was no different. 

"Hey Kyungsoo! So I was wondering, since today is Friday, maybe you and I-"

"No" it was the only answer Chanyeol ever heard from Kyungsoo. 

As soon as the words slipped from his mouth, Kyungsoo turned around and walked away. Today was no exception. Today, like any other day, Kyungsoo will say no. 

Park Chanyeol is arrogant, persistent, and annoying. 
Do Kyungsoo is stubborn, prideful, and in love. 

Kyungsoo never liked to admit it, but he fell for Park Chanyeol the moment he set foot in the cafeteria two years ago. He was the new student and Kyungsoo wanted to know him better, but he knew never to cross the line. Kyungsoo knew that he never stood a chance. 

Park Chanyeol deserves better. 

The last bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Kyungsoo was beyond relived that he was able to go home without running into Chanyeol. 

"Hey Soo! Chanyeol is looking for you." Jongin, his best friend informed him. Kyungsoo scoffed. 

"He doesn't need to see me. Do you want to come to my house? We can order pizza." Kyungsoo offered but soon regretted what he said when he saw Jongin glare at him. 

"You know Soo, I never knew you were such a stubborn little ." Jongin spat. 

That hurt. 

"Chanyeol is only looking out for you. He likes you can't you see it? Sometimes I feel like smacking you in the face. Is it going to kill you to say yes?" Jongin yelled. 

"It is!" Kyungsoo responded, becoming teary eyed. "It is going to kill me because I'm just a joke. I'm nobody. I'm not smart or attractive. I don't have an ounce of self confidence. I'm nothing Jongin! Park Chanyeol deserves better. Someone better than me." Kyungsoo said, defeat written across his face. 

"Soo! You don't give yourself enough credit." Jongin said. 

"You're perfect and more." A different voice chimed it. 
"Kyungsoo you mean the world to me. I fell for you the second I stepped foot into this school two years ago. You were the freshman with beautiful brown brown eyes that couldn't open his locker. You were late on your first day of class because you had to stay behind to try to figure out the combination. That what I loved about you. You're determination. Even though this sounds silly but it's the truth. Kyungsoo, you're perfect! No, you're more than that." Chanyeol confessed. 

"Kyungsoo, say something!" Jongin encouraged. 

"Park Chanyeol! I was sent to the principal's office on the first day of class because of that? You saw me struggle and didn't even try to help me. I swear-"

Do Kyungsoo was interrupted because Park Chanyeol had kissed him on the lips. 

"Ewww gross." Jongin muttered and laughed as Kyungsoo flipped him off. 

Kyungsoo had never felt happier. He let his lips mold onto Chanyeol's, neither of them wanting to pull away. 

"So Soo?" Chanyeol asked as soon as they broke the kiss.  "Since it's Friday, do you want to go get some pizza and watch a movie?" Chanyeol closed his eyes hoping that Kyungsoo would respond positively this time. 

Do Kyungsoo never did like Park Chanyeol. Every day Chanyeol would ask him the same question, but today was an exception.  

"I would love to." He genuinely smiled before grabbing onto Chanyeol's hand before walking out of the school. 

"Jongin, the plans are cancelled. Find your own ride home" Kyungsoo yelled behind him. 

Park Chanyeol is happy, excited, and relieved. 
Do Kyungsoo is happy, excited and in love. 

Do Kyungsoo never did like Park Chanyeol, but maybe he will make an exception. 

 

 

 

 

Unedited. Will edit later. 

P.S: I am your Chanyeol anon #ihatfesf