Chapter 25 Marry me?

My Heart's Desire

Min Ho was busy the next day.  He was in the middle of a commercial shoot and he was a happy man.   His fans, the crew and everyone that came in contact with him that day remarked how happy he looked.  He couldn’t stop smiling – or daydreaming.  He had an image in his mind from the night before and he wanted to keep that image with him all day.  No one could disrupt or make him feel frustrated today – no one.  The PD was telling him to look to the left as if he saw the woman of his dreams – to pretend the woman he was in love with had just entered the room.  He looked to the left bringing up the image of Shin Hye. 

It was 10:30 am and suddenly there was a bit of a ruckus at the entrance of the building.  The doors were closed but the noise could clearly be heard.  The PD yelled cut asking one of the assistants to check and see why there was so much noise in the hallway.  The young assistant opened the door and saw an actress coming through a throng of people who were warmly greeting her.  She was headed toward one of the other sound stages.  Min Ho looked up and saw her.  The PD was watching Min Ho and he saw a dreamy wishful, lustful, I Love You and I Want You look come over Min Ho’s face.  He looked toward the door and he saw her too.  He grinned and stood up to leave the room.  He yelled, “I’ll be right back.  Take 2 minutes.”

PD walked briskly toward the dressing room he saw her enter.  He knocked and entered at the invitation.  She looked at the PD, bowed and greeted him.  He spoke to her for a few moments and a big grin settled on her face.  She nodded happily and he told her he would count on her.

PD checked everything again.  He yelled for Min Ho to take his position again.  PD signaled for the person at the door to open it on his command.  He looked at Min Ho and said, “Now look to your right.  Pretend again that the love of your life is coming through the open doors.  Let the world see how you feel by your expression.  Got it?”

Min Ho nodded and looked to the right.  He thought of Shin Hye nestled in his arms and his expression changed.  The PD saw that he was in the right frame of mind and signaled the door man to open the door.  Min Ho saw the door open and then saw her.  She walked or it seemed she floated into the room.  His expression softened and a look of pure love shone in his eyes.  He was looking at the love of his life and his face reflected it.  The camera men were capturing all the small nuances of his facial expressions.  A variety of looks passed across his face – need, desire, lust, love, friendship, comfort, yearning and the most extraordinary look of all – PD could only describe it as forever.  The shoot was a decided success.  The looks captured that day would soon become famous for Min Ho and only the people in the room knew the young woman that brought those looks to his eyes was Park Shin Hye.

The PD yelled, “Cut”.  Then he nodded to Shin Hye mouthing the words ‘thank you’.  She bowed and waved to the room and with one last look toward her Oppa she left to resume preparation for her photo shoot.

Min Ho just grinned like a man in love and beamed happily at the room.   Those present smiled at the significance of what they were witnessing.  Min Ho was finished and walked out to get into his van looking at his cell phone and texting as if he were all alone.  He heard his fans and looking at them he grinned happily and waved.  He even stopped and signed autographs.  His ecstatic fans were screaming for they had never seen him so relaxed and happy.  A few fans began to put 2 and 2 together because they had just seen Park Shin Hye enter the recording and filming studio.  The fans couldn’t be 100% sure but it seemed like Min Ho was always bubbling over when Shin Hye was anywhere in his vicinity.  The fans began to talk among themselves and a consensus was reached.  One fan took the role of leader and yelled, “Min Ho Oppa – we approve of Shin Hye eonni!”  The other fans started to clap.  Min Ho turned as he stepped into his van.  He did a thumbs up to his fans, grinning happily and shouted, “Me too! Thank you!”

His body guard had never seen Min Ho act like this and he certainly had never heard of another star saying such things to his fans. 

After arriving at his apartment, he began pacing the floor waiting for someone to show up.  The bell rang and he rushed to answer it.  It was Shin Hye’s father.  Min Ho invited him in, asked him to be seated and if he wanted something to drink.  Yang San He declined. 

Min Ho gathered his courage and knelt in front of San He.  Min Ho bowed his head saying, “I know we may not have met under the best of circumstances.  I know I was disrespectful when we first met.  I want to formally apologize for my actions and I wish to ask your forgiveness.”

Yang San smiled replying to Min Ho, “Are you sure there isn’t something else you want to ask?”

Min Ho looked up as if startled.  “Uh, well, yes there is more.  Umm, Sir, do you think you could find it in your heart to allow me to date your daughter, Shin Hye?”

“Young man, aren’t you already dating my daughter?”

“Uh, umm, well, yes but I should have asked first so I am trying to correct my rudeness in not asking first.  Please sir, I love Shin Hye and well, what I really want is your permission to ask Shin Hye to marry me.  Do you think that would be possible?”

Yang San offered his hand for Min Ho to shake.  “Young man, Min Ho, I could not ask for a better match for my daughter.  In fact, I chose you a long time ago and I have been waiting a long time to ask you to call me ‘abeonim’.

Min Ho was a bit surprised to find out that his future father-in-law had been considering him son-in-law material for a long time.  A year ago he would have been furious but now he accepted it as part of his fate with Shin Hye.  It seems they had been fated for each other from the moment she was born.  He liked the thought now; although he remembered the day he first met her at the party for II Woo and other models.  He had despised her then or had he?  He knew he had been attracted to her from the start and he was fairly certain he had been in love with her from the moment she walked into that party room on the arm of Jang Geun Suk.  He sighed in relief that he was now in a position to ask for her hand in marriage.  This part should have been the hard part but he knew the hard part would be convincing Shin Hye to marry before she turned 30.  If he could just pick her up and take her to the registrar’s office he would marry her now, this moment.  But that would be too simple and too easy.  She would be hard to convince.  He sighed again. 

His new abeonim smiled at the confused look on Min Ho’s face.  He was aware that the young man faced an uphill battle.  He spoke quietly, “Min Ho, I will speak well on your behalf with my daughter.  She will be difficult for you to convince because she is head-strong and she will be concerned about your future as actors.  She is very sensitive concerning anti sentiment where your career is concerned.  I will be on your side.  I must leave now but good luck.”  He squeezed Min Ho’s shoulder as he stood to leave. 

Min Ho was pacing again but this time he was waiting for Shin Hye.  She promised she would stop by over an hour ago and he didn’t know if he should be angry or worried.  He never knew with her.  She had so many friends and she really liked to be outdoors so she might have headed off to play tennis or go bike riding and was simply running late.  He hated the part where he had to realize she probably would continue to do these sorts of sports activities with her many friends.  Aiisshh, this girl and her friends.  So he paced until he heard the slight knock and then a ring at his door.

He jerked the door open saying, “Yah it’s about time you got here.  Where were you?”

II Woo answered, “I missed you too.  Want to kiss now?”  II Woo walked into the apartment and Min Ho leaned out the door looking from side to side for Shin Hye.  He muttered, “Where is that girl now?”

II Woo said, “What girl?  One about yeah high and with curves like this (he was using his hands to describe Shin Hye’s hour glass figure) with a smile that will knock a man’s shoes off and ……”

“Stop it, will you?” Min Ho interrupted his description.  “And don’t use your hands like that when talking about her.”

“Talking about whom?  I didn’t mention any names.  Do you have one you want to throw out there?”

Min Ho opened the door and looked again.  No Shin Hye.  He turned and looked at II Woo and saying, “You have to leave.  You can’t be here or she won’t stay.  She will think she is taking up our friend time.  So leave, now.  Go, get lost.”

“I am deeply wounded to the core I will have you know”, responded a laughing II Woo.  “Ok, I get it but when you see her (doing the hour glass figure with his hands again) tell her hello for me.”

“Not on your life.  Now go quickly.  And stop using your hands like that to describe her.”

He opened the door to the ring.  It was her.  He sighed and pulled her to him.  With her in his arms he turned so that his back was to the door and using his leg he kicked it shut.  He reached behind him and locked the door.

He pulled away from her slightly so that he could look at her face saying, “I missed you.”  His finger traced the dent in her chin as he leaned forward to place a soft kiss on her lips.  He pulled her to him and held her tightly as if he were afraid she would vanish.   She relaxed in his arms letting her body go soft and pliable.

After several moments he released her and walked into the living area pulling her after him.  He stopped at the sofa and made a gesture for her to sit.  She complied willingly – she was curious why he was so solemn.

She watched him gathering courage.  She didn’t know what he wanted to say but she liked to look at him.  She loved the strength in his face, the curve of his jawline, the way his eyes could plunge her into an abyss of uncontrolled emotional longing and need.  She knew she would never tire of this man before her.  She knew he was the one.  She suddenly reached up and pulled him down to her level.  She scraped her teeth over that beautiful jaw and then found his mouth and settled on his full lips.  She sighed as she deepened her kiss.  She felt the need to explore the body in front of her.  Her fingers over his skin and her lips began to explore.  She stirred the needs inside him that only she had been able to quench.  Her hands cupped his face and deepened the kiss.  She began to run her hands up and down his back in a seduction move.  He pulled her against his chest and took control of the kiss.  She sighed into his mouth because no one could kiss like Oppa. 

She moved her face into the crook of his neck.  It was one of her favorite spots.  He held her close making her feel protected and safe.  She knew he was in sync with her emotions, with her desire and with her needs.  She could ferret out his emotions as easily as he could her emotional needs.  They seemed to always be in tune with each other.  She thought perhaps he does have a slice of my soul inside his soul.  She sighed again and he heard the need deep from within her.  He picked her up and carried her to the bedroom.

His mouth was on hers.  He let her feel the urgency in his kiss.  He stripped her clothes and his while keeping one hand on her back.  He felt her say against his mouth, “I love you.”

He felt the heat then.  It was thick and urgent.  In a slow movement he rolled her onto her back.  He slid his lips to her ear and kissed it gently.  He slowly moved his lips to her collarbone.  Their legs tangled among the covers as he raised his head to watch her face.  He saw her eyes gleam and he made a glide that brought flesh to meet flesh. His gaze locked and held her gaze.  He would not let her look away.  He wanted to see the passion in her eyes as they made love.  He heard her make a small gasp. 

Their movements were long, slow and measured.  His hands moved up her arms to capture her hands against the bed entwining his fingers with her fingers.  Their mouths met and their passion ebbed and subsided.  He continued to hold her gaze – looking into her passionate eyes.  She had the ability to strike him speechless when she looked into his eyes.  He murmured against her lips, “I love you beyond any rhyme or reason.  I love you with every fiber of my being.  I love you with all my heart and soul.  Marry me?”

He braced himself for a no.  He knew she had said so many times she would marry at 30.  But he would try again and again until she said yes.  So he braced himself for a no.  He heard the sleepy sound against his neck as she nestled down against him. 

“Yes, I will. I love you too.”