Our forced marriage

There is always you in my heart

 

I quickly ran into my room, sobbing loudly. This is not happening to me. I can't believe this is happening. I'm going to get married to a teacher who teaches in the same college as I study in. My parents didn't even ask me about my opinion and the next thing I know, I'm getting married to this man, 11 years older than me. It just doesn't make any sense! I'm only 17 and already getting married to this unknown man next week. I cannot process everything in. I was sobbing uncontrollably in my room until Mr Kim came in. 

 

 

"Hey. Everything's gonna be okay." He sat beside me on the edge of my bed. He tugged on my chin and forced me to look him in the eye. My eyes were puffy from all the crying.

 

"Look. I'm not ready too for this sudden arranged marriage thing but it's for our family. They know what's best for us don't they?" 


I stared into his eyes that were filled with concern and worry for me. I sighed and nodded in agreement even though I still can't get over the fact that I have an arranged marriage and my husband is one of my school teachers.

 

"But Mr Kim, how are we supposed to get married like this? You're a teacher and I'm a student. How are we supposed to keep this marriage a secret? And I'm scared that you woundn't accept me as your wife and you won't like me at all."

 

"First of all, don't call me Mr Kim anymore. Just call me Myungsoo oppa. We're gonna get married soon so let's drop the formality. And I'm okay with the idea of me getting married with a student. Love has no boundaries. We'll be able to keep it a secret, trust me."

 

"Also, why would I not like you and accept you as my wife? I'm actually happy to be getting married and I know that as time pass by, we'll be able to learn to love each other. So let's not worry about that okay? Everything will be fine." he smiled and wiped away my tears on my cheeks with his thumb. I just had to hug him. Hugs always cheers me up when I'm down.

I would have never dreamt to get married to a teacher who makes the girls in my school swoon over his looks and charms. There was a huge between the both of us that brings so much worry to me. 


Why would my parents want me to marry him at this age of only 17? Have they completely lost their minds? Getting a 17-year-old student marrying her 28-year-old teacher? That's really insane.


But after being comforted by him, I somehow felt that both of us were in an awkward situation. Him, getting married to his student and me, getting married to a teacher who teaches in my school and we both barely know each other. 

 

I was staring into the full length mirror, amused by a reflection of this young teenager who's wearing her white wedding gown and holding a bouqeut of flowers in her hand. I sighed. Today's the big day. I have to do this. We both have to. Just then, there was a knock on the door.


"Hey sunshine. You look beautiful. How are you feeling?"

 

"Thanks mum. I'm so nervous now. What if i screw up and he doesn't like me at all after I officially become his wife?"


"He will sweetheart. Myungsoo is a very nice and sweet young man. He will try to love you no matter what." my mum gave a reaasuring smile carressed my rosy cheeks. 


"I hope so."

 

 

The music started to play as I walked down the aisle. He was already standing there, waiting. He turned and smiled widely at me. 


Oh boy was he sure good looking in that suit. Now I know why the girls in my school were always talking about how handsome he is even in his t-shirt and track pants. 


Well, maybe good looking isn't the best word to describe him. Hmmm maybe gloriously dashing and delicious?


My eyes were stuck onto him who was standing there, waiting for his bride to be beside him. As i approached nearer, he took the steps down and offered his hand to me.


"You look stunning today," winking at me and leading me to the pastor.


After what seems like eternity, we finally exchanged our vows and rings and here comes the part where I got so damn nervous.


I have to kiss him. I have to kiss a teacher and it was my first time. Holy crap. I was suffering from a mental breakdown when suddenly his face drew closer to me. I could feel his hot breath on my already blushing face. He grinned. 


"Hey. Don't be nervous. It's my first kiss too." and with that he went all in. 


His soft lips touched mine. It was a short but promising kiss on the lips. My eyes were still opened wide from the surprise physical contact. I didnt know what to do and how should i react to this. 


When we were both finally face to face with each other, all I could do was stare at him. He let out a small and short chuckle before taking my hand and walking down the aisle with his new-wedded wife, me.

 

The wedding reception was finally over and we had to take a look at our new apartment that both our parents bought for us as a wedding gift. 


It was a cozy and rather big apartment with the normal furniture you usually see in homes. I decided to check the bedroom before he does to avoid any awkward moments so I initally planned to walk away from him and take a peep at the bedroom but before I could do that...


"Mrs Kim, where do you think you're going?" he managed to grab my arm and stopped me from running away from him, pulling me into his arms. !


"Ermm... I was gonna check out the bed... I mean bathroom! I was gonna check out the bathrooom hehe." I stuttered and forced a giggle out of myself. He cocked his head to one side.


"You're my wife now and this is our apartment so we'll go through the rooms and furnitures together. Come let's go see the bedroom, honey!" 


Crap. I'm dead.


I swallowed hard and hope that nothing awkward or funny is gonna happen in there. We made our way to our spacious bedroom with him still holding onto my arm. 


There were 2 closets side by side, each with a mirror on one of the 2 doors, a mirror table, a work table, 2 bedside tables and finally the springy, bouncy thingy thats gonna make things more awkward between the both of us; a queen-sized bed. 


I took a quick glance at him and his eyes were focused only on the bed while grinning widely to himself. 


Oh my god.


I mentally slapped myself. Please dont think of anything dumb and stupid. I kept whispering these words to myself, knowing that he wouldn't hear anything. He suddenly turned around to look at me. 


"I know what youre thinking babe." he smirked. 


"You know, it's perfectly okay and legal since we're already legally married right?" I bit my lips and nodded nervously.


"But i shall respect your decision. I know you're not ready and neither am I." He gave me a peck on my lips and dragged me to see the other spare rooms and the furniture. my face was already hot from that random peck he gave me. 


How am I supposed to handle my husand who's constantly making me want him?

 

After going through all the rooms, we finally settled down and unpacked our clothes we brought over in our bedroom.


"I'm gonna go take a bath. I'll be back." he winked at me, grabbed a towel and walked out of the bedroom.


Damn you! What are you doing to me?


I was alone in the bedroom alone lying on the springy, bouncy bed while I played with my wedding ring and just stared blankly at it. 
I got bored after some time and decided to unwrap the wedding gift my mum gave to me earlier at the wedding reception. She told me that the gift she bought was essential in keeping a good relationship with my husband and can make things better between me and him.


I wonder what it is...