Gae Ji Hyo

Do you love me?

Time flies, in the blink of an eye, a year has passed by.

Gary was doing extremely well as a rapper, a singer, a producer and a song writer. Making him one of the highest music royalty earner again. 

“Kang Gary, congrats. All the hard work are paid. You are ranked number 5 this year as the highest music royalty earner.” Gil put his hand on Gary’s shoulders.

“So what if I earn lots of money. My girlfriend don’t want to even take a single cent from me.” Gary sighed.

Yes, he was talking about Ji Hyo. The contract issue with Park Soo’s company is still ongoing. Though there was nothing much that the lawyers can do, Gary had offered to pay for the compensation of breaking the bond but this idea was rejected by Ji Hyo.

Flashback

Oppa, you need the money for Leessang Company. Spend that on recruiting good song writers, good producers and groom new faces. Don’t spend it on a woman. That’s not worth.” Ji Hyo told Gary.

“Not worth? Song Ji Hyo, you worth billions and zillions to me. Not something that money can measure. So, let me do this favour for you. I will pay for your bond in replacement of that diamond ring from Macau. And….and….and you marry me and give me….give….me…. babies. Maybe 2 or 3 or more.” Gary hugged Ji Hyo gently while combing her hair with his hands.

Ji Hyo rested her head on Gary’s shoulders, closing her eyes.

“Kang Gary, I don’t want your money. I will honor the contract and at the same time try to talk to Park Soo Ssi on the terms. All I need from you is a warm, soft and gentle hug that can pull me through the crisis.”

End of Flashback


i Hyo had tried her best to make Park Soo changed his mind about the terms in the contract. But the discussion always ended with Park Soo getting angry and losing his cool. Park Soo always put up the same conditions to Ji Hyo.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi, the terms will only be changed if the bridegroom is me. This is the last time I am saying this.” Park Soo raised his voice, looking at Ji Hyo with piercing eyes. 

“Ji Hyo ar…..I don’t want to always lose my cool in front of you, leaving you with a bad impression of me. Can we just drop the topic?” Park Soo soften his glaze on Ji Hyo.

 “I am leaving for New York this weekend, will you come with me for dinner tonight? Your manager unnie can come along too.” Park Soo extended his invitation.

“CEO Park, thank you for the invitation. I had promised to cook for my boyfriend tonight. Have a safe and nice trip in New York.” Ji Hyo stood up, bowed at Park Soo and left the office. Park Soo was left standing behind his office desk, banging the desk with his fist.

Again, Ji Hyo’s efforts turned into ashes.


Park Soo came back from New York after 2 weeks of business trip. He bought some expensive gifts for Ji Hyo. He was in totally excitement to pass these gifts to Ji Hyo that he instructed his driver to send him to Ji Hyo’s apartment once he touched down in Seoul airport.

“I am sure Ji Hyo will love this pair of sneakers. This is limited edition from Nike.” Park Soo showed Secretary the pair of Nike sneakers.

As Park Soo’s car pulled in at the carpark of Ji Hyo’s apartment, Park Soo saw Ji Hyo, her manager unnie, Gary and an elderly woman walking out of the lift to the car park.

Ji Hyo hugged the elderly woman while the woman patted on Ji Hyo’s back. They bided goodbye. Gary walked the elderly woman to the car and drove off. Looks like Gary was sending the elderly woman home.

As soon as the elderly woman and Gary left, Ji Hyo broke down and cried. Park Soo who was now leaning against a corner, listened to what Ji Hyo told her manager unnie.

“Unnie…..what should I do?” Ji Hyo sobbed.

“Be strong, Ji Hyo, be strong.” Manager unnie dried the tears for Ji Hyo.

“Mrs Kang wanted us to get married so badly. I know why, because she wanted a grandchild. If I have to wait for another 3 years or even more to get married to Gary oppa, I will be too old to conceive.” Ji Hyo buried her face in her hands, leaned against the wall of the lift lobby and wept.

“Maybe I should just let Kang Gary go. He can find a better woman to bear kids for him. I can’t be so selfish to have him wait for me.” Ji Hyo stared at the ground, tears continue to gush through her eyes.


Secretary Lee gave Ji Hyo and her manager unnie a call. “CEO Park wanted to discuss on Song Ji Hyo Ssi’s contract. Please come to the office tomorrow at 10 am.”

It was already 10:30 am. Ji Hyo was told that Park Soo was stuck in another meeting which had overran. Ji Hyo shifted nervously in her chair while pinning her glaze at the entrance of Park Soo’s office.

Park Soo’s meeting had actually ended 20 minutes ago. But he was reluctant to leave the meeting room.

“Should I just let her go? Should I?” The question echoed in Park Soo’s head for x number of times. Though Park Soo had already called Ji Hyo and her manager unnie to his office, he still had hesitations on how to handle the mess between himself and Ji Hyo.

For the past few days, Park Soo had been meeting people who came to him because of Ji Hyo’s contract.

First it was Ji Hyo’s manager unnie who kneed down on her knees to beg Park Soo.  Shortly after manager unnie left, Kang Gary came with his lawyers for further negotiations. Park Soo was used to this since Gary will come every week to see Park Soo for the past 1 year.

Then it was CEO Baek Chang Joo who came together with his crew to talk to Park Soo. Finally it was Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin who came with their managers.

“CEO Park, think about it. If you really love Ji Hyo, why are you making her unhappy? Forcing your love on someone, not only make the person miserable. It will also make you unhappy. Ask yourself, when was the last time you smile.” These were the words that Jae Suk told Park Soo before he left Park Soo’s office.

“Ji Hyo, I am very sorry, I am really sorry that I had made you suffer for the past 1 year.” Park Soo looked at Ji Hyo apologetically. He turned to Secretary Lee and signaled her to brief Ji Hyo and her unnie on the contract.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi. The clause about marriage and pregnancy are removed. Please walk through the contract and consent the new contract with your signatures.” Secretary Lee, manager unnie and the lawyers from both sides walked through the contract carefully.

“Park Soo Ssi. Thank you very much.” Ji Hyo bowed at Park Soo.

“Ji Hyo ar…..remember to invite me for your wedding.” Park Soo shook Ji Hyo’s hands. He held onto Ji Hyo’s tightly for a few minutes before letting her go.


Gary waited patiently at Ji Hyo’s apartment. He was praying hard and keeping his fingers crossed that Ji Hyo’s contract can be resolved.

Gary kept touching the paper ring hanging on his neck anxiously. At the same time, he kept reaching for the box in his jeans pocket as he paced up and down in the living room.

Gary quickly opened the door as the door bell rang.

“Oppa, all is settled.” Ji Hyo looked at Gary as she entered the house.

“Settled?” For a moment, Gary couldn’t figure out what was the meaning of ‘settled’.

“Yes, settled. I am now free to marry anyone I want.” Ji Hyo smiled as she looked at Gary’s puzzled face.

“Really?” Gary asked, looking at Ji Hyo lovingly. Ji Hyo nodded her head.

“Yeah!” Gary screamed. He pulled Ji Hyo towards him and hugged her tightly into his embrace.

“Oppa, I cannot breath.” Ji Hyo laughed.

“Song Ji Hyo, you are my baby. You are my flower, you are my sweet heart, you are my everything, you are …..” Before Gary can finish his sentence, Ji Hyo placed her lips on Gary’s. The couple kissed passionately for the next 1 minute.

“Song Ji Hyo, will you…will you…..marry me?” Gary blushed as he stammered his words. He dropped down on his knees and tried to pull the ring out from his jeans pocket.

“The ring, where is the ring.” Sweat started to gather on Gary’s forehead. The ring fell out from Gary’s pocket and rolled under the TV console.

“Ya! Kang Gary, do you meant to propose to me?” Ji Hyo pretended to be angry but deep in her heart, she was over flooded with happiness and joy.

Gary quickly used a stick to pull out the ring under the TV console.

“Oh god, Ji Hyo, looked at the amount of dusk. Do you ever clean up your house? Hmm….I should consider my marriage proposal again. You are a bad house wife.” Gary joked.

“Ya! Kang Gary, no going back on your words. You already pop the question.” Ji Hyo tried to snatch the ring from Gary.

“Someone can’t wait to become Mrs Kang. She can’t wait, can she?” No one can wipe off that silly smile from Gary’s face.

“Mong Ji, Mong Ji.” Gary called out Ji Hyo’s nick name

“Gelly, Gelly” Ji Hyo responded sweetly.

“Gae Ji Hyo!” Gary carried Ji Hyo the bridal way to her bedroom.

“Gae Ji Hyo, tonight…..you are mine."