Wake up, Song Ji Hyo. Don't sleep.

Do you love me?

Gary lost count of the days that he had spent with Ji Hyo. He has never been so contented in life. His career is doing well, his popularity boosts, his songs are always top on the charts and most important of all he has Ji Hyo with him. They are no longer Monday couple, they are indeed every day couple now. Though Ji Hyo did not move in with Gary, she will still spend her nights, like 2 or 3 days a week at his apartment.

Whenever Ji Hyo spent the night at Gary’s place, Gary will bring in delicious food from his restaurant, candle light dinners, roses and even small little gifts like a hand written card or memos with lovable lyrics written on them.

At times, Gary felt scared. He is afraid that god will just take away his happiness. At times, Gary felt insecure since he knew that there were still many suitors after Ji Hyo. Very often, Ji Hyo received flowers and expensive gifts from men who are CEOs of her sponsors, fellow actors or even PDs from the TV stations.

One of Ji Hyo’s ‘fiercest’ suitors is Park Soo, who is also Gary’s strongest competitors.  Park Soo is a successful businessman who runs a company that deals with the different brand names of skin care and cosmetics. He also has a large chain of skin care retail shops under his company. Though Ji Hyo had told Park Soo that she already has a boyfriend (but without revealing Gary’s name), Park Soo is still keen in maintaining a ‘friend’ relationship with Ji Hyo.

“We can still be friends, can’t we?” Park Soo always invites Ji Hyo for dinner and showered her with expensive gifts and flowers.  When Ji Hyo reject the invitations, gifts and flowers, Park Soo will assured Ji Hyo that all he wants is just be friends. Since Park Soo is one of Ji Hyo’s sponsors, Ji Hyo couldn’t run away from some of the business lunches and dinners with him.

Whenever Ji Hyo came home with a large bouquet of flowers, Gary knew that was from Park Soo. It will be a night of silence from Gary. Very often, Ji Hyo has to cheer Gary up with jokes or try to act cute and finally assuring Gary that he is the only one in her heart.

“Oppa, do you know this is very tiring for me? Why can’t you believe and have faith in me.” Ji Hyo often whispered these words in her heart when Gary finally fell asleep with a smile on his face. With these prior experiences, Ji Hyo would leave the bouquets with her manager unnie. For the expensive gifts, if Park Soo refused to take them back, Ji Hyo donates these to charity on behalf of Park Soo.

“Maybe I should declare our relationship soon. At least these suitors can stay away from Ji Hyo.” The thought of declaring their relationship often surfaced in Gary’s mind recently.


“Ji Hyo, wake up. You have RM filming today.” Ji Hyo was pulled up from bed by her manager unnie.

“Song Ji Hyo, you had 15 minutes to prepare before we are out of the house. You should have just stayed with Kang Gary last night instead of coming home.” Manager unnie mumbled as she helped Ji Hyo to pack her bags for the filming.

“Unnie, you know how naughty and how strong Gary oppa’s needs are. I wasn’t feeling good recently, I need to rest for today’s filming. Unnie, I felt terrible. Can I sleep for ………….5 more………….more……….” Ji Hyo rushed to the toilet and started throwing up.

“Oh mine! This is the 3rd time this week. Are you ok?” Manager unnie quickly followed Ji Hyo to the bathroom.

Ji Hyo sat by the bath tub after throwing up.

“Young lady, are you….are you….pregnant?” Manger unnie asked with her eyes narrowed.

“Unnie, I don’t know. I went to the doctor last week but I was told I am not pregnant. The nurse told me that is just stomach flu. As long as I stick to a healthy diet and don’t over eat, I will be fine. But unnie, my period did not come and I kept throwing up. Should I get a second opinion?” Ji Hyo asked staring at her feet.

Just then, the phone rang. “Yes yes, we are on the way. Song ji Hyo, we are late, get going.” Manager unnie shouted.

Discussions halted. Ji Hyo and her manager hurried to the filming site. Ji Hyo did not have much time to think about her problems while filming the show. She was paired up with Suk Jin.  She has to carry out mission after mission since Suk Jin was a ‘weak’ partner. She started to feel exhausted, very soon she started to feel giddy, her face turned pale. While traveling to the location of the next mission, Ji Hyo closed her eyes and rest.

“PD, I think Ji Hyo don’t look too good. What is the next mission? Maybe we should just withdraw from the mission.” Suk Jin was worried for Ji Hyo.

“Suk Jin Ssi, if Ji Hyo Ssi isn’t feeling well, we can cancel the next mission. The next mission is dodgeball. You have to protect your partner from been hit by the other teams.”

“Ji Hyo ar….we are here. Are you feeling unwell?” Suk Jin asked.

“Oppa, I am ok. Let’s get off the bus for the next mission.” Ji Hyo held onto the handles of the seats and tried to stand up. As she got off the bus, the blinding light from the sun blurred her vision. She almost fell off the stairs.

“Ji Hyo! Don’t scare me.” Suk Jin quickly held on to her.

“Oppa…I…I……”Ji Hyo out as soon as her feet touched the ground.

“Ji Hyo!” Suk Jin screamed.


Gary was paired up with a female guest. Since his team is leading in the game, he get to drive a car to the next filming location.  He was happily chatting with his guest as they got off the car.

“Oppa, why are the staffs and PDs running towards that bus.” The female guest pointed at the direction where people were crowding.

Gary tried to get a glimpse from far. He saw Suk Jin and Kwang Soo shouting at the staff asking for things. There was a girl in Jong Kok’s arms. The group was moving fast to the mattress laid by the staffs under a tree shade.

“Ji Hyo? That was ji Hyo?” Gary suddenly realized that it was Ji Hyo in Jong Kok’s arms. “Did something happen?” Gary started to panic. He abandoned his guest and ran towards the group in a speed of light.

Ji Hyo was lying unconsciously in Kok Jong’s arms.

“What happened?” Gary was shouting and no one was hearing him.

As Jong Kong put Ji Hyo on the mattress, Gary squeezed himself through the crowds.

“What happened?” Gary asked again.

“We don’t know, maybe the weather is too hot. Noona just fainted.” The worried look on Kwang Soo’s face made Gary panic more.

“What is this?” Both Jae Suk and Jong Kok stared at Jong Kok’s hands. His hands were stained with red liquid.

“Blood! OH MY GOD! Ji Hyo Noona! Wake up!” Kwang Soo cried.

“Quick, to the hospital. Hyung, hurry!”  Haha pushed Gary.

Gary suddenly woke up from his panic. He picked up Ji Hyo and rushed to the car that fetch him to the filming scene.

“I will be the driver.” Jae Suk volunteered. The rest of the running man members attempt to squeeze themselves into the car.

“There isn’t enough space. Gary Hyung, PD and myself will go to the hospital with Ji Hyo. The rest of you stay here. I will call to update you the status.” Haha said.

Blood had already stained Gary’s white shirt. Gary wiped off the sweat from Ji Hyo’s forehead and planted a deep kiss on her forehead. “Ji Hyo, please, please don’t scare me. Wake up Ji Hyo, don't sleep.” Tears gushed through Gary eyes.