Night and Day

Night and Day (Minsoo's POV)

Maybe it was fate that I met you again after so many years.

Again we met in this cafe where I first saw you, I asked you for your number and from there we became a couple.

It was really a cafe filled with happy memories that I will never forget.

I was sitting at the same seat and you were sitting opposite me.

I was glad that we are not being awakard together. We are still able to chat like how we used to be. I was really happy.

You had really grown up, looking so charismatic and stunning that I can't take my eyes off you.

I was watching you while you were sipping on your favourite hot chocolate.

I can't help it but notice that shinning object fixated on your ring finger.

To be honest, my heart sank, my smile faded.

I wanted to ask about it but before I could say another word, you told me that you have to go.

I couldn't say no when you gave me that cute face. You know I have a weakness against that.

I forced myself to smile and watched you leave.......Again......

That's how I recalled few years back, that day at the crossroad.

I know you are leaving to the States to further your studies.

You wanted to meet me at the crossroad for one last time before you go.

I met you, but I have nothing to say and just looked at you in silence.

I looked at your expression, I know you are waiting for me to say something.

I guessed I must have disappoint you as I watched you get on the car with a sad face.

I can hear the starting of the car engine,  the car droves off.

I turned towards your direction, watching you go further and further away.

I hesitated with my thoughts. I don't know what to do, but my legs started to run and chasing after the car.

I ran as fast as I could and thank god that you looked back.

You got off the car and ran towards me.

Our eyes meet and I recalled the happy times we spent together.

The times we went for shopping, we were so happy we locked our arms together, walking and smiling to each other.

The times we went for midnight movie, no one else in the whole cinema, only me and you. We were watching your favourite romance movie. You embraced your arms around mine, fed me pop corns and we really enjoyed.

The times we went to the park. I bought my scratching book to do my assignment but I ended having a scratch of you. You didn't noticed, you sat quietly beside me watching me. When I showed you my work, your expression was priceless, that makes me laugh a lot, it was a precious day with you.

With all these precious times and memories, I should have not let you go.

But I let you go and I regretted.

So now, I'm not the same man anymore. I have grown up as well. I will not repeat my mistake twice.

I got up from my seat and ran towards you.

I grabbed your hand from the back and pulls you into my arms.

I felt your warmth again.

"Minsoo?"

"I love you 24 hours. Let me be your knight again."

She didn't utter a word, but she wrapped her arms around me, I supposed this time round I really got her back.