Chapter 6

Flipped

'Who the hell is this?! Soo Jung, you have a lot to explain,' demanded Jessica fiercely. Krystal never saw her unnie this furious to her before. Maybe because she had never caused any problems for her. Between the two Jung sisters, it was always Jessica who acts like the younger sibling, causing ocassional problems that needed tender care due to her sensitive personality. Don't be mistaken, Jessica isn't anything bratty nor demanding. She is just very soft spoken, nice and caring at once. If anything, she's too much of a good thing that it becomes bad for her. It only comes in the package that she is emotional and gets affected easily - which often made her prone to getting hurt, even for miniscule reasons. 

'Annyeonghasaeyo noona, I'm Kang Min Hyuk,' greeted Min Hyuk as he made a 90 degrees bow. 'I am sorry,

please don't blame Krystal. I am the one at fault and I can explain it to you,' he continued. He felt apologetic and embarassed that they had to start their formal introduction like that. His heart was racing hard that it might just jolt out of his chest. It was the same feeling Yonghwa would cause when he scolds.

Fortunately, because of Jessica's nature, her heart immediately softened at Min Hyuk's politeness. The guilty face of his that made him look like a child whose afraid of his elders definitely played a part too. His innocence was too cute to be mad at. 

'I don't think you know me, I'm CNBLUE's drummer. Krystal and I met at The Heirs' set, where I played her boyfriend. To be honest, I'm here because I wanted to offer these flowers to you as a token of condolences,'

'Ye, unnie, please don't be mad. We weren't doing anything...', chipped Krystal, looking down at the floor, too scared to look at her suddenly fierce sister. '...much,' she continued in a mutter. 

 


 

'Yah, Soo Jung ah, if you're going to bring your cute boyfriend home please warn me first,' said Jessica noona. I couldn't help but chuckle at that comment eventhough I was guilty a few seconds ago. It was a nice feeling to be accepted by Krystal's sister. It was a nicer feeling to know that Krystal shares a mutual feeling towards me even more, judging from that cheeks.  I didn't know what we are at this stage. But I was certain that I wanted her to be mine soon enough. I just wasn't sure if I could go back to living the life I led before she entered mine. And that morning, knowing that I already have noona's approval, I told myself this would be the day. It will be the day I get assurance from her. Who cares if I'm moving too quickly?

 


 

Jessica noona left shortly after for her schedule. I couldn't decide if she was just making an excuse to leave me and Krystal alone. But  I was secretly thankful either way. While Krystal was busy taking a shower, I scurried over to the kitchen, quickly doing a fridge check. To my surprise, it was brimly filled with groceries. I picked some eggs, tomatoes, mushroom and cheese before heating up the pan and toasting some whole grain bread in the toaster. Contrary to Yoon Chan Young's cooking abilities, I had close to none. Among the CNBLUE family, Jung Shin's the best cook. I am quite good with my omelettes though. The key to making good omelettes is heat control. If you can get the timing and temperature right, nothing will go wrong.  

I tossed the omelette using the pan skillfully and was about to grab a plate when a figure caught the corner of my sight. Krystal was staring at me through her damp hair. She had her towel slung over her neck and long hair over her face again, trying to scare me. She could actually pass off her act, until her stomach decided to growl audiably loud. 'Time to feed the ghost,' I joked.

Krystal waited patiently on the kitchen counter as I set up the table. She was doing it again, monitoring my every move as she rested her chin on her hand. Instead of helping herself with the omelette and toast as soon as I was done setting up, she continued looking at me. Her thin, tempting lips beared a smile and her eyes were like the stars in the dark sky. 'What are you waiting for? Me to feed you?', I casually said as I took a bite into my omelette. She nodded. 

'Ah jinjja, this ghost,' I admit, I love it when she acts like this.

 


 

'I have something to tell you,' he declared out of the blue. I waited for him to continue his sentence but he didn't. He took his phone out from his pocket, fumbled with the keyboard and said 'Listen to this carefully ok?' 

He played a song which I never heard before. 

geunyang niga joha hanappunin naui sarang
ijeya arasseo baek beon cheon beon hago sipeotdeon mal
geunyang niga joha jakkuman neoreul oechinda
saranghae saranghae gaseumsoge chaoreuneun mal~

 그냥 니가 좋아 / I just like you - Hong Dae Kwang

 


 

Could this be it? 

I never had a boyfriend in my entire twenty years of living. I never really dated anyone either, all because of the career biz I was in. I had a few crushes from time to time, Minho oppa included. But I never was in love. I never felt that rush he manage to give me at the slightest smile. Love was a foreign game to me. But with him, it all feels right. I feel comfortable enough to be myself, yet giddy enough at his presence or even at a mere thought of him. Could this feeling be what I think it is? If love is a gamble, Kang Min Hyuk is my gamble. I'm willing to risk it for him.