prologue;

you who came from the sea.

Will you believe in me when I say mermaids are real? Instead of believing me, I bet you might think i'm crazy or such a nerd - aren't you? But this time, you should believe me. Believe that mermaids are real, because i've seen one; the pretty one to be exact. Long brown hair that swayed perfectly, white skin that looks shine under the water, sweet smile that would make you lost your breath under the water, like she did to me. — so believe me this time, mermaids are real, and one of them stole my heart.

"you're awake." he heard his best friend's voice echo-ing in his ear; it feels weird, everything's weird for him right now. The lights, the white sheet, even his best friend's existence beside his bed. — he shook his head while stretching his arms on the air. 

"Why am I ended up here?" he his hair to the back for a few times, waiting for the answer from his bestfriend, Do Kyungsoo, who's handing him a warm green tea in a white cup. 

"I found you faint on the beach, I dragged you here, you sleep for almost a day, and done." He said in no emotion tone. 

Jongin rolled his eyes, didn't satisfied by Kyungsoo's simple answer. He stretched his arms for the last time as he stood up from the bed. He looked at the window that shown him a beautiful sea and he felt a pang; is she really true?  He thought silently as his eyes darted on the sea as his curiousity killed the cat. He shook his head before calling his best friend to accompany him to eat some chicken legs, which is his favorite food that he could eat a bowl of it by his own. 

---

Jongin took his feet to the sand and dropped his on the sand, where's a few centimeters away from the water with a plastic of sour candies. He didn't move or even eat the sour candies, he just sit there, waiting the girl that never left his mind since he woke up, while watching the moon shines above him. He threw one of the sour candies to the sea, wishing that she would show up even though 90% sure she wouldn't show up just because he threw a gummy-

"This is good." A soft familiar voice said from nowhere to be found.

He looked around in shock while taking a few steps back. He waited for a couple minutes, but there's no voice or even an existence of someone around him. He threw one candy to the sea again and there's her, catching the candy before it landed, with a bright smile on her beautiful face that he could see it clearly. 

"You." He opened his mouth, staring at the girl in amused. 

The girl smiled at him softly as she swam a not very big rock near his place and climbed up there, showing her beautifulness under the moonlight that shines both of them. Jongin stood up from the sand, taking his feet towards a beautiful creature in front of him. He puts his hand on the rock she climbed to and bent down a little. She leaned closer to Jongin and cupped his cheek with her palms.

"Human." Jongin widened his eyes in shock as he heard her soft voice. 

She stared deeply into his eyes, leaning closer inch by inch until their nose touched. Jongin, on the other hand, did the same; looking and admiring how beautiful she is. "Y-You are real." He stuttered as their face are really close.

"Everything you see now, just keep it as a secret." She kissed his cheek, before she jumped back to the sea, leaving Jongin dumbfounded while touching his cheek, still remembering how her soft lips touched his skin. 

Naeun, on the other hand, swam back to her palace, scared that her dad will gone mad as she made an interact with a human, a human that stole her heart, a human that makes her heart beating so hard. She turned her head back to his direction, before she let out a sigh from her lips. 

Mermaid should not fall in love with human, Naeun. She remembers her mother said that to her and a pang hit her heart everytime she remembers it. She closed her eyes and went into the deep sea that she called it home