Of Foods and Past Memories - part 1

Of Foods and Past Memories

Changmin switch on the light to lit up the dark room. From the darkness of the luxurious dorm, the DBSK maknae know his Yunho hyung hasn’t been home yet, must be busy shooting for his upcoming drama. Lazily, he dragged his own feet to the kitchen because his stomach has been growling so loud.

What a bad luck. That’s what happened when he opened the fridge, only to found a carton of orange juice and raw meat and fishes. The young man let out a sighs, he’s being too lazy to cook even for instant ramnyun and decide to call the food delivery service instead.

 Laying his body on the couch, Changmin was ready to call and order his food when the phone in his hand rang first. Changmin’s eyes glints brightly when he saw the caller, cheerfully greet him first.

“ Annyeong Ryeowook ah !! Did you cook something delicious again for me to eat?”, Changmin asked shamelessly, making the person on the line laughs.

“ Aigooo Changmin ah~ Did you really think I’m only calling to you if I cook? “, Ryeowook try to hold his laugh as he’s speaking.

“ So you didn’t cook? But I’m really hungry right now, I’m just coming back from practicing and recording. I only eat bread as my lunch you know...”, pouting his lips, the tallest Kyu-line member whining, making his complaint.

“ Jeongmal? Poor you. But you’re rights, I’m calling you to ask if you’re home and want to join me, Heechul hyung and Kyu for dinner tonight”, the shortest member of Kyu-line said, chuckling when he heard the excited yell as expected.

“ Of course!! I’m in !! Will be right there now !”, Changmin  turn off his phone, immediately sprinted to the door, wearing his shoes and locking the door behind.

*******************************************************************************************************************

“Aigooo...he just turn off his phone....I didn’t get to say that I didn’t start cooking yet”, Ryeowook put his phone on the table, chuckling and shaking his head as he sat on the couch.

“ Ryeowook ah...why we have to invite that food monster again?”, eyes still focusing on his PSP, Kyuhyun asked, pouting a little at the thought of sharing with the other food maniac.

“ As if you’re not a food monster too. And the last time I remember, you’re the one being mean to him by sending all the photos when I was being nice to cook for you”, Ryeowook said, smacking Kyuhyun softly with the cushion, pretends to scold the pale white skin maknae.

“  What? It’s not a big crime anyway”, Kyuhyun shrugged it off, then continue, “ But still, why we have to have wait for Heechul hyung from his shopping? Just cook for me now Ryeowook ah~~”, Kyuhyun put down his PSP and tugging on Ryeowook’s shirt.

 “ Yah~ be patience. Tonight’s dinner will be special you know. Heechul hyung has invited another great chef to cook with me tonight, you will get to eat lots of delicious foods so stop complaining”, Ryeowook scoffed, ignoring Kyuhyun’s tugged on his shirt.

“Jinjja?? Nugu?”, curious, Kyuhyun tugging on the shirt harder, looking at Ryeowook who make I’m –not-telling-you face.

The dorm bells ringing, and as soon as Ryeowook opened the door, Changmin jumps in and hugged the short man, saying his thanks for the foods. Kyuhyun went to the two persons different in height from his line members, parting them from the hugs and knocked on Changmin’s head with his fist.

“ Yaa...Ryeowookie didn’t cook yet you pabo!!”, Kyuhyun crossed his arm, annoyed with Changmin’s extra clinginess to his closest band member when it comes to food.

“ Yah !! How dare you call me pabo you evil kid !!”, rubbing on his knocked head, Changmin glared at Kyuhyun, before his eyes went wide again.“ Ehh?? Wait..Ryeowook ah~ you didn’t cooked yet?”, this time, he asked while grabbing on Ryeowook’s shoulders.

“ Ne..I’m going to tell you but you already cut off the line. Heechul hyung went to shopping the groceries with his friend. His friend is a great chef, he will cook together with me and join tonight’s dinner. I’m waiting for them to come back first”, Ryeowook laughs at Changmin almost crying face, patting on his chest a little.

“ Oooo...so I have to wait. But who’s the other chef?”, Changmin asked again, only to receive the same make I’m –not-telling-you face Ryeowook had give to Kyuhyun before.

“ Ryeowookie is not going to tell us. But since you’re here, let’s have Starcraft battle in my room. It’s been a long time anyway, although I bet you’ll lose easily”, Kyuhyun smirked, challenging his game mania partner.

“  Brat !! Fine..let’s have a duel and see who the king and who the loser!”, smirking back, Changmin intense his staring at Kyuhyun, literally starting a glaring war.

“ Yah you two !! Go and fight in the room, not standing here”, Ryeowook pushed the two taller man than him aside, and went into the kitchen.

Moment later he came out with some snacks and four cans of coke. Handing it to Changmin and Kyuhyun, Ryeowook tells them to eat it while playing the game. Both maknaes from two Hallyu Kings shouted ‘Saranghae Ryeowook ah !!’, before running and disappeared behind the door to Kyuhyun’s room, starting their own digital screen wars.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Ryeowook opened the door, only to see Heechul , the diva already complain how his hands hurt and now he’s hungry so Ryeowook and the special chef should cooks something delicious now. Ryeowook just smiled and grabbing half groceries bags from the pretty male, before another pretty male coming out from behind Heechul, carrying groceries too.

“ Annyeong Ryeowook ah~ Long time no see”, the pretty man greets, smiling sweetly.

“ Jaejoong hyung!! I miss you ~~”, Ryeowook shouted and snuggled into the pretty man’s chest, since he cannot hug properly while holding something else.

“I miss you too~ Hmm..are you alone? I thought you said Kyu and Changminnie will join the dinner too?”, Jaejoong asked when he saw the dorm was empty except from the three of them.

“ Heh, I bet that two kids already fighting somewhere else, like you didn’t know them Jae ah.”, Heechul

“ Heechul hyung right. As soon as they met, they already start bickering about Starcraft.. Do you want to meet them now Jae hyung?”, Ryeowook asked back, sorting all the groceries on the kitchen table.

“ Aniyo. Let them play first. I want to surprise Changminnie, I really missed that maknae too”, Jaejoong said, his voice a cracking a bit.

“ I’m sure Changmin will be happy to see you hyung. He’s going to jump at you and do like this”, Ryeowook said, this time jumping and hugging Jaejoong while doing aegyo face, causing the previous (and still) DBSK umma figure hugging the eternal maknae back, chuckles at the Ryeowook aegyo.

  “ Well, the hugging part I can assure, but the aegyo part I doubt it”, Jaejong chuckles, ruffling at the shorter maknae’s hair.

“ He’s going to cry when he see you, I bet my Heebum on it”, Heechul butted in, then continue, “ do you want me to help in the kitchen too?”.

“ Aniyo Heechul ah, let the professionals do the works, right Wookie?”, Jaejoong said,

“ Ne!! Chullie hyung can go and rest. Leave it to us, the greatest idol chefs~”, Ryeowook nodded his head while crossing his arms, pretends to look like Senior Chef in drama.

“ Oh~ I’m so lucky, having two great chef beside me. Let me know when the foods ready”, Heechul grinned, then walk out from the kitchen,

Ryeowook and Jaejoong start to sorts all the materials according to the selected menu, later on working diligently to prepare the delicious foods.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Three hours later~

“ Woahhh~~ we cooked so much foods, right Jae hyung?”, Ryeowook said, amazed with the all the dishes on the tables, he almost cannot believe that he cook it all with Jaejoong alone.

“ You’re right. Cooking with you is fun I guessed, I didn’t realised we have cooked until this much”, Jaejoong also amazed, it’s been a long time he cooked this much of foods. In the old time, when DBSK was still five, Changmin is the one that always beg him to cook whenever he’s hungry.

“ Although it’s only five of us, but I know there would be no leftovers if we have Kyu and Changminnie”, Ryeowook stated confidently.

“ No doubt about it”, laughing, Jaejoong can’t help but to agreed with what Ryeowook said, then say “ Wookie, you can call them now, I’ll be doing the final touch”.

“ Yes sir !!”, Ryeowook playfully doing salute, then running to Heechul’s room, and later texting Kyuhyun and Changmin.