Chapter III

The secret of the Cherry Blossom Tree

You had been walking looking down at the road when you bumped into someone. You saw his shoes and cursed yourself in your head. It was definitely one of the Kingka's friends who were all Kingka's too. You were waiting for him to start yelling but when you looked up, he only smiled at you and said, "Sorry, about that. Tao had pushed me and I didn't realize that you were there." You stood still and didn't say anything. You could not believe that the Kingka's friends did not tease you or annoy you. You continued to stay still and that was when someone came up and said, "Did Lay hurt you?". He seemed genuinely concerned. You snapped out of your daze and said, "No, I am fine." You turned towards the guy whom you had bumped and said, "Sorry I didn't realize where I was going." Lay smiled again and said, "No, its okay. It was my fault too. But why are you at school this late?". You didn't answer. You were surprised, really surprised that he was talking to you so normally. Did they not recognize you cause it was dark? As though your thoughts found its way, you blurted out, "Do you know who I am?". The tall guy with panda eyes came forward and said, "Woah! Why so rude?”. You realized what you had said must have sounded rude and said, "Sorry. I was surprised because usually you guys kinda bully me a lot."  "Correction" said the guy who has been using his phone all along. "You seem to have a bad memory. Recall back." You were surprised and then the guy who had asked you earlier if you were hurt, smiled and said, "Chen meant to say that we never teased you, it had always been Kris." You then realized that it was true. It had always been Kris and his friends never said anything. You should have kept quiet and walked away but maybe because you had lost your diary, you seemed to have lost your sense too because you blurted out, "But you never stopped him either." The guy called Tao laughed and said, "No one stops Kris. If he ...." But before he could finish the sentence, someone patted on his head and said, "What he means is, Kris is like that. We can't stop him. Isn't it Tao?" You thought there was something more but before you could ask Tao to complete what he meant, Tao rubbed his head and said, "Yes Xiumin, thats what I was about to say."

You nodded like you understood. You did not know why they were still waiting there but you however needed to hurry back home so you said sorry to Lay once again and was walking away, when someone called your name. You turned and saw that guy who had been so kind to you and had asked if you had been hurt. You did not know that he even knew your name. He came over to you flashed a bright smile and said, “You dropped your headphones”. You took it, muttered a thank you and was about to walk away when he said, “I’m Luhan.”