What the

Legally Redhead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please overlook the grammatical mishaps if there's any. I am experiencing menstrual cramps and does not know how to engrish

They are in Abraco Espresso when he first comes into their life.

Jongin is on his third cup of coffee, Sehun on his fifth slice of olive cake when the bell chimes, signalling the arrival of a new customer.

It’s like those in the movies, the way Sehun sees him, when the camera shows the lower part of the body first, then slowly creeping upwards, slowly, slowly, until it reaches the face and –

What the .

Sehun is almost sure the piece of cake he was eating went down the wrong pipe.

He could not believe what he’s seeing. There, probably just ten inches away from him is the prettiest, cutest, most petite person he’s ever seen.

He has this round, bulgy eyes that should have made him creepy but didn’t, instead, it just made his eyes look just sparkly and catchy; then he has this button nose that definitely should have not been impressive because pointed nose is the trend right but again, as the world always like to play favouritism, looks really really impressive and appropriate for his Barbie-like face and the milky skin specked with freckles here and then shouldn’t have been really beautiful. Freckles are ugly, right? Not.

And most importantly, the thing that will decide on Oh Sehun’s place in Kim Jongin’s life is

He’s a redhead.

A freaking, natural, gorgeous ginger-haired, redhead.

His hair is so unlike the others he has seen. It is coppery-ginger. The shade of red that you could only wish available to the supermarket.

Jongin had said that each redhead has a unique shade of red into their hair, though most of the times, people mistake the shades of red to be all the same.

Within three months of dating Kim Jongin the redhead stan extraordinaire, he began to know how to differentiate natural redheads from not.

“Natural redheads mostly have freckles, and their hair glows when light catches into them, they have milky skin and most importantly,” Jongin had paused for dramatic effect, “they are feisty. Just like you.”

Sehun chances a glance at his boyfriend’s face and is not surprise to see his jaw wide open and the coffee slowly spilling from his unstable fingers. The unsurprising fact does not lessen the hurt nonetheless. He plucks the coffee from Jongin’s hand, and only then Jongin realised that he may have been daydreaming for too long.

“Wow.” He breaths, eyes still lingering on the expanse of messy hair the petite boy possesses.

Sehun wants to say i know right but doesn’t want to sound bitter so he just drinks from Jongin’s abandoned cup of coffee.

“He’s got nice,” Jongin starts dreamily.

“Hair.”

“”

They say at the same time.

Jongin looks at him and frowns. “Yeah, that too.”

Sehun fights the urge to splash the coffee on Jongin’s face.

It is one long and difficult battle.

-

Sehun likes to comfort himself with the idea that the only good thing in Manhattan is it’s so overpopulated you won’t see the same face twice for at least two years and ends up getting hurt instead.

People in denial are pitiful.

Somehow, the moment he sees the boy’s face on that fateful day at the cafe, he knows it wouldn’t be the last time they’d be meeting each other. Because no matter how big the world is, there are just people meant to cross paths, lives to intertwine, and destinies to unfold.

He is not wrong.

He is going over the boxes of cereals on Pioneer Supermarket when someone howls in what seemed like pain. Instinctively, his eyes shoot up, looking for the owner of the voice.

For the second time in his life, his eyes seem to move like camera on the movies, from the ground to the stomach, to the neck, and to the face.

It is that redhead again.

He looks at where the redhead’s gaze is directed and his eyes land on the pushcart in front of him. He notices that the wheel on the left side of the cart is on top of the redhead’s right foot and he is shooting daggers on Sehun’s stunned face.

“Do you mind moving that ing cart?” He glowers at Sehun, and even his enraged face looked beautiful. He forgets to do what is asked. “Hi can I carry your baby please?”

What is he saying. The redhead seems to think.

“I mean, I’m sorry I’m abandoning my cart now. Bye~”

With that, he leaves the confused petite redhead with his cart still on his feet and rushes to usher Jongin out of the supermarket.

“Babe where’s our cart? I’ve bought condoms –”

“No nevermind that,” he grabs Jongin by the arm and throws the boxes of condoms with different flavours on a random basket. The owner of it, an old man, screams profanities at him, “You think I can still use this? Hey are you mocking me? And really banana flavour –”

Everything is tuned out by Jongin’s gasps. They make a mad dash outside and Sehun scrambles on his pocket for the car keys.

“What is it Sehun? Did you shoplift?” Jongin asks conspiratorially, looking everywhere for possible guards that might be chasing their .

“No no no,” Sehun says wildly. He gestures at Jongin to climb in the car.

The er just stares at him dumbly.

“What are you doing? Go!” Sehun screams, looking wildly for any signs of an attractive redhead. He doesn’t find any.

Jongin is that stupid not to budge. “No. What did you steal that I can’t buy for you, Sehun?”

He can’t possibly tell him he sees that redhead because that is exactly what Sehun is steering Jongin away from. His mind reels to come up with a lie. “I, I –”

“I met a couple and told the guy his girlfriend is my ex and has cooties and pube lice! Now go!”

With that, Jongin finally climbs into the car, even dragging Sehun with him.

“Why would you do that!” Jongin screams when Sehun is finally out of the carpark.

“Because I love you.” Sehun says without thinking.

Jongin stares at him for a second, then laughs. He pokes Sehun’s reddening cheek and flings his leg on his lap. “You stupid, you just want to be with me, don’t you?”

And Sehun doesn’t even have to respond to confirm this.

-

Jongin is barking orders at the utility man when he sees him.

“Bring me the papers I was asking!”

“And where’s my coffee?!”

“Why is there a bottle of glue on my desk??”

“Bring –” he sees the silhouette of a petite boy with wide curls from the opening on the pantry. And when he turns, holding a styrofoam of coffee on his hand, he forgets all the other orders he’s barking at the boy.

“ –that guy over here.”

Five minutes later and he is facing that boy with button nose and doe eyes and very very very red hair. He gulps and tries not to jump on the boy’s frame.

“What’s your name?”

“Lu Han,” he answers easily, like he always elicits this kind of reaction from people. He smiles a little, and the corners of his eyes crinkle, showing laugh lines on each side. And maybe, Jongin thinks, this guy might not be as young as he thinks he is.

“And you’re a natural redhead?”

Lu Han blinks but does not say anything, just nods.

“Okay Lu Han, a natural redhead, gorgeous phenomenon that I want to into a wall right now but please disregard the last comment because it’s so unprofessional, from now on, you’re working for me as my secretary,” he pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter