S e h u n: Of Chocolate Bubble Tea, Yixing and Blue Skies

Of Chocolate Bubble Tea, Yixing and Blue Skies

Of Chocolate Bubble Tea, Yixing and Blue Skies

-

“WAKE UP IN THE MORNING FEELIN’ LIKE P-DIDDY, I GOT MY GLASSES I’M OUT THE DOOR I’M GONNA HIT THE CITY, BEFORE I LEAVE I BRUSH MY TEETH WITH A BOTTLE OF JACK, COS WHEN I LEAVE FOR THE NIGHT I AIN’T COMIN’ BA-”

Oh Sehun jolts awake, dazed for a moment before a wave of fury washes over him and he’s out the door with a bucket of ice cold water he’s prepared the night before.

“MOTHERING KIM JONGIN, YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN BEFORE I RIP YOUR EYELASHES OFF AND FEED YOU TO THE SHARKS!” Sehun just about screams –as much as a sleepy person can manage to do- and splashes the bucket of cold water on a grinning, and maybe slightly hung-over, Kim Jongin.

“Back to you, lil cousin. , that’s awfully cold water though.”

“I swear to you better ing change your alarm ringtone and ing set the volume lower or I will personally ing destroy your phone and Do Kyungsoo.” Sehun seethes as Jongin clumsily ruffles his hair affectionately with his wet hand.

“Right, right, I’ll hold you to that. Chill, will you? It’s too early on a Monday morning for me to deal with this. And geez, lower down your volume, I have a little headache here and you’re not being very nice right now.” Jongin groans as he flops back on his bed and sighs contentedly.

“You’ve had a hangover for six days. Six. ing. Days.” 

“Actually, it’s been seven days.”

Silence.

“ you.”

-

Sehun stares out the window as the rest of his stupid class does whatever idiotic things they’re doing, ignoring all the hustle and bustle and way too bright fluorescent lights on the ceiling.

Jongin was right; it was way too early to deal with this. Not when the skies looked so pretty, not when the newly mowed soccer field seemed so inviting and peaceful from Sehun’s window seat.

Not when his heart seemed to have a permanent ache, a piece missing from its original spot which had disappeared, just like how Luhan disappeared from his life.

Luhan had stolen a piece of his heart.

Too cheesy for a Monday morning? Yeah, unfortunately the burgundy pink haired male had to agree with that too.

Soon enough, class started and Sehun started daydreaming and staring out the window, because who the hell cares about their World History professor on a Monday morning, right? That is, until Sehun hears somebody clearing his throat and a soft scraping sound as the chair beside him moved.

“Uh, hi, I’m new here and my name’s Zhang Yixing, but you can call me… Lay.”

Sehun glances at him for a while before returning his uninterested gaze to the green field outside.

He didn’t intend to come off as rude and stoic, obviously, but one thing he had learned from his failed relationship with Luhan was to end things before they even started, and he’d really rather not make any more friends and cause more unnecessary heartbreak for himself. He had Tao, Jongin and possibly Kyungsoo, that was more than enough for him.

A few minutes later, he gets rudely interrupted from his daydreaming by the annoying new guy beside him.

“Excuse me…”

Sehun sighs inwardly as he raises an eyebrow at the new kid, Lay, or whatever the he wanted to be called, because honestly he was fed up with this bull. Whatever happened to ‘first-day-of-school-shyness”?

“What the hell do you want?”

Oh, okay, that came out a tad bit meaner than Sehun intended, but it, he couldn’t take back his words, could he.

And then the new kid smiles.

Oh.

He’s got a… nice smile.

Sehun practically feels the sunshine and happiness emanating from the lad, and he can’t resist staring at Lay’s dimples, because , dimples were pretty cute.

Honestly, Sehun feels a little bit intimidated and shocked by the new guy. The pink haired lad knows he’s being a real , and on any normal person, his stoic and slightly dazed and uninterested expression would be a real turn off, but this new kid was smiling at him. Maybe Lay had mental problems.

Maybe.

“I was just wondering why you aren’t paying attention to the professor… I mean, he said this topic was going to be tested.”

Sehun takes a moment to resist facepalming himself.

For a minute there, did he honestly think this guy was cute? Because he was a ing pain in the , a goody-two-shoes and an obedient kind of student. Stupid, stupid Lay. Did he honestly believe Sehun was a studious kind of guy?

Sehun ignores him and turns his attention back to the field outside.

That is, until he chokes on his spit when he realizes in a matter of a few minutes spent talking to the new kid, Luhan has magically appeared in the field and starts playing soccer by himself and shouting to a guy sitting on the bleachers.

Sehun recognizes said guy as Xiumin, Tao’s friend and apparently Luhan’s new love interest or something from the rumors flying around school.

 He seemingly stops breathing as a raw pain tugs within his heart and his throat closes up and his eyes feel wet and warm.

Breathtaking.

The images of him watching Luhan play soccer a million and one times have burned themselves into Sehun’s eyes. Even when he’s asleep, he can still see that bright smile and the passionate fire burning within those eyes.

. . Oh Sehun was not going to cry, not when he was all too aware of the new kid staring at him, not here in class.

And then Lay suddenly reaches for Sehun’s face, temporarily stunning Sehun as he stares down at those pale and long fingers that wipe away the gathering tears in his eyes. He has a sad look in those warm brown eyes, yet somehow they were still dancing with genuine care that has Sehun biting back a gasp.

Sehun sees a flicker of a smile ghosting on Lay’s face, before he offers a tissue and turns his attention back to the professor in front, talking about horses or some like that.

Maybe Lay isn’t so bad after all.

-

That afternoon, Sehun finds himself in the soccer field, staring at the blue skies above him. The sky was beautifully breathtaking, just like Luhan.

Luhan used to lie down beside Sehun on the field too, and the couple spent hours just staring at the sky and spending long and comfortable silent afternoons with each other. There were no need for words, Sehun could tell what Luhan was thinking and Luhan could tell what he was thinking. Nothing complicated, just simple, nice and peaceful afternoons, which were a rarity for Sehun since he’s friends with Zitao and Jongin.

He hates Luhan. He hates everything Luhan has left behind and everything Luhan likes, but Sehun’s not quite sure if he can ever bring himself to hate the blue skies and chocolate bubble tea.

All of a sudden, he senses someone approaching him from behind and he quickly spins around, his heart beating fast.

Luhan?

No.

Lay.

Said guy says nothing as he sits down, gesturing Sehun to sit down too and smiles as he offers a cup of bubble milk tea to the pink haired lad.

“Bubble milk tea?” Sehun stares in surprise and faint dislike at the offending drink in his hand.

“Take a sip; you look like you need it.”

“Bubble milk tea?” Sehun repeats himself again as he wrinkles his nose and stares cautiously at the drink.

Sehun is surprised when he hears Lay laugh. Lay’s laugh is… magical, somehow. Captivating.

Though Sehun doesn’t necessarily agree with Lay’s taste in bubble tea, buy hey, it.

He takes a sip and has to bite back the snarky comment bubbling in his throat. Yup, Lay has seriously bad taste in drinks. The milk tea was too sweet and comforting for Sehun’s taste, chocolate was definitely still way more badass and cool.

“I don’t like it.”

“Well, get used to it.” There’s a hint of amusement and mirth laced in his voice as Sehun takes no notice to what he’s said. Instead, he lay down again on the grassy field and takes another sip of the comforting drink.

This time, it tastes a lot better than the previous sip.

-

It’s later along that week when Sehun has to take a step back when he enters the music room to see Lay and Jongin dancing.

Breathtaking.

If Jongin was passionate fire and sultry gazes, then Lay was cold and pale snowflakes that effortlessly carried out fluid movements filled with concentration and 100% of his full ability.

Now, he didn’t know Lay could dance at all, much less dance like… this. The usually dazed and peaceful idiot had seemingly changed into a… Well, words couldn’t describe how he had changed, honestly.

Sehun regrettably cringes when the music comes to a stop without him realizing it and Lay catches his reflection in the gigantic mirror in the music room, a warm smile spreading across his face as he turns around.

“Lil cousin! How nice of you to come and visit me!” Jongin grins as he pulls Sehun into the music room, and pushes Sehun to collapse beside an angry Kyungsoo sitting beside the piano.

“Dude, no, I didn’t come here to see your angry boyfriend deal with your Ke$ha obsession, off, I’m leaving.”

Sehun didn’t want to leave.

 “I’m not his boyfriend!” Kyungsoo hisses as his eyes cloud over with obvious anger and his cheeks are stained pink.

“You’re right, he is my boyfriend! Bye lil cousin!” Jongin laughs as he casually swings an arm over his boyfriend’s neck, ignoring Kyungsoo’s curled fists that were banging against his chest.

“Let me go you idiot.”

“Aw, I know I’m your idiot. Love you too.”

And Sehun leaves the room, with a burning heart and a growing headache.

-

Another afternoon in the soccer field.

As always, Sehun stared at the once blue sky. It was gray now, gray and white clouds swirling and forming, detaching and drifting.

As always, the pain in his heart steadily grew along with the bitter ache in his throat, tears threatening to take over any time he let his guard down.

Soon enough, raindrops splattered on the grass and his hair quickly became wet. Still, Sehun did not get up and leave the field. As much as he loved blue skies, the gray sky was fine too. He sympathized with the gray sky, no one preferred rain to the Sun, the gray skies were shunned and everyone fled under the comfort of their umbrellas, just like how everyone avoided Sehun after his breakup.

And then he noticed a dark figure leaning down with an umbrella to shield his face free of raindrops.

Lay.

Just like the first time, he didn’t say anything as he sat down on the muddy grass and placed the umbrella carefully behind them to shield their faces free of rain, while the rest of their body got wet.

The silence was broken by Sehun.

“Are you crazy? Why are you out here in the rain, you’re going to catch a cold.”

“I like the rain. Besides, you’re going to catch a cold too; we can share each other’s misery.” Lay let out a carefree chuckle as he patted Sehun’s hair.

“You know, I like your pink hair. It’s unique and cute.”

Sehun grumbled under his breath with a mix of a pout-slash-groan that he definitely wasn’t cute, and that Lay was an utter idiot.

And then, all of a sudden, a thought hit Sehun like a brick.

He was getting too close with Lay. He was going to get hurt again.

Sehun’s body jolts with shock as he resisted the shivers taking over his body. He was going to get hurt again. He couldn’t allow that.

Sehun stood up abruptly, knocking back the umbrella that shielded them as he curled his arms around himself.

Lay stands up too.

“Don’t do this to yourself.” Lay frowns as he takes a step toward the shivering lad.

“No.” Sehun mumbles as he takes a step back.

“Stop.”

“No.” Sehun sighs as his eyebrows knit in confusion at his thoughts.

“Don’t.”

“No, Lay, don’t-”

And then Lay closes the distance between them and hugs Sehun tightly with a force so hard that Sehun almost couldn’t breathe.

“I don’t know why you act the way you do. I don’t know if you want me to know. But I do know you need some comforting, and that’s what I’ll do, because I’m your friend. Don’t act like we’re strangers. We’re not. I’ll be by your side. I’ll lie down and watch the skies with you. I’ll bring you sugary drinks you dislike. I’ll dance alongside you and Jongin. I’m your friend.”

Oh.

Sehun can’t help the tears that rush out, can’t help his throat that closes up with sobs, can’t help closing his eyes in pain, can’t help the hands that twist and tug at his hair as his body wrecks and shivers with sobs and the dark coldness that threatened to consume him.

Lay was too kind.

And just like that, they spent an afternoon in the raining field, Lay’s arms stretched around Sehun as he patted his back and cried along with him.

-

It comes as a surprise to Sehun when he realizes suddenly on a Monday morning that Yixing, as Lay wanted Sehun to call him, was not paying attention to their World History professor and was instead doodling on his notebook.

It was almost as if their roles were now reversed. Yixing somehow managed to convince and help Sehun to concentrate in class and improve his grades – that obviously didn’t need improving in the first place, ahem – and now, Yixing was the one who didn’t concentrate in class and was constantly daydreaming.

Sehun wants to ask Yixing what’s up, but bites his tongue as he sighs and realizes that Yixing hadn’t bothered him with stupid questions about why he was always so upset and respected his privacy, which was why Sehun should really respect Yixing’s privacy too.

He simply ignores the doodling and daydreaming lad beside him and turns his attention back to the professor; he’ll just have to lend his notes to Yixing later then.

-

Okay, it was getting out of hand.

It had been a month already, and Yixing didn’t seem to pay attention in class anymore. He was always daydreaming and doodling and his visits to the soccer field were slowly decreasing, although he sometimes still did go and visit Sehun, but still.

This was unlike Yixing, surely.

Sehun frowns and leans over to look at Yixing’s notebook, and almost spits out the mouthful of water back into his water bottle.

Kim Minseok. Kim Minseok. Kim Minseok. Kim Minseok.

Okay, this was freaky. Yixing’s notebook was full of scrawls that spelled out Minseok’s name and that was pretty ing creepy for Sehun.

Although Sehun had to admit the unicorn and the drawing of a bun in the corner of the page was cute, but still.

Really creepy. Who the hell is this Minseok and why has he been the cause of Yixing’s distraction?

And Sehun gets his answer when Yixing draws a heart beside Minseok’s name.

And this time Sehun spits out the mouthful of water when he notices the shy and adorable blush creeping up Yixing’s cheeks.

-

Who the hell is Kim Minseok and what the utter has he done with my Yixing?

Who the does he think he is?

What ty course does he study in this stupid school?

How old is he?

Why does he know my Yixing?

Why is Yixing in like with him?

. ing , Sehun couldn’t hold back the angry thoughts swarming in his head as he glares at the blue sky from where he lain on the grass.

Then Sehun notices Tao approaching him.

“The clouds are pretty today.”

Tao remains silent as he sits down; obviously knowing that Sehun was in a ty mood since he knew him so well.

Wait a minute. Tao will surely know who Kim Minseok is, since he’s friends with almost everyone in school.

“Hey, Tao…”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know who Kim Minseok is?” Sehun can’t help the tremble in his voice as he anticipates Tao’s answer, lifting his gaze to meet Tao’s as his eyes flash with anger.

A look of realization and confusion washes over Tao as he replies, “Yeah, I do, what’s the matter?”

. ing Kim Minseok.

“Nothing.”

-

Sehun is on his way to the convenience store to buy some hair dye when he notices Yixing out of the corner of his eyes.

“Yixing-”

Sehun’s smile falters as another voice calls out Yixing’s name first, and a familiar person runs over to Yixing as Yixing grins and hugs the lad.

Is that… Xiumin?

His smile is completely wiped off his face when Yixing places a kiss on Xiumin’s forehead, and Sehun feels the familiar tug in his heart again.

Xiumin is Kim Minseok.

His heart was wrong, and his mind was right.

His mind told him not to fall in love with Yixing, because Yixing was just another Luhan.

His heart told him Yixing was different.

And Sehun was stupid enough to believe his heart.

Sehun was ing stupid enough to fall for the same trick again. Stupid enough to lose someone he likes to Xiumin again.

First Luhan, now Lay. Xiumin sure moves on fast.

Sehun was filled with bitter rage and jealousy as he bit his lip when Yixing, no, Lay, grabs Xiumin’s hand and pulls him in for another kiss, a gentle and sweet smile on his lips as he gazes affectionately at Xiumin.

Sehun doesn’t even realize how long he’s been standing there until he tastes the sweet and tangy taste of blood in his mouth and immediately stops biting his lip.

Stupid, stupid heart.

-

“Sehun, calm down.”

“Sehun, calm. Down.

“Sehun, you’re not okay. Have the chemicals of the smelly hair dye made you high?” Jongin sighs as he pats Sehun’s back and removes the brush from Sehun’s hair.

Sehun has been shivering with rage for the past 10 minutes now.

“I’m sorry, Jongin.”

Jongin sighs again as he moves in front to meet Sehun’s eyes and clamps his hand on Sehun’s broad shoulders.

“Listen, I know I’ve been a ty cousin, and I’m a bad influence, but you know you can tell me what’s been happening, right?”

“Its fine, its fine, and I just need to calm myself down a little bit. Thanks for your concern though.” Sehun smiles as he turns around to grab the brush.

“Now hurry up and finish your job, I don’t want hair that’s half pink and half blonde, as hot as that sounds.” Sehun laughs as he puffs his chest out with pride.

-

It’s the next day when Sehun is going out to get breakfast when he hears sounds of thumping and shouting and hurling obscene vulgarities coming from one of the hallways.

Of course, any normal person would get the out of where he was and run for help or resume their way to the pancake house, but Oh Sehun isn’t normal. He’s filled with rage and itching for a fight.

Except he isn’t prepared for the scene unfolding in front of him.

He really, really wasn’t expecting this.

Kim Minseok getting beaten up by a gang of guys in the psychology courses that were notorious for… whatever the kind of illegal there was.

And a girl standing by the side, arms crossed as she tapped her foot impatiently.

Yuri.

Yuri had been one of Sehun’s good friends and seniors when he was still dating Luhan and was in the ‘in crowd’. She still was, just that they had fewer chances to meet now that his relationship with Luhan was non-existent.

She senses Sehun’s presence almost immediately as soon as his eyes fall on her, and she glances up quickly with a disinterested and blank gaze that quickly changes into a look of amusement.

Go away.

She gestures for Sehun to get the out of here, that this wasn’t something Sehun should involve himself with.

“Yah, Kim Minseok, we’re going to teach you a lesson!” One of the guys shouts as Sehun winces when he hears the sickening crack of a bone breaking.

What are you waiting for? Go.

She raises an eyebrow in impatience as she taps her foot faster.

Sehun doesn’t even think twice before briskly walking away.

-

Unfortunately for Sehun, the thought of Minseok doesn’t leave his mind for the rest of the day.

That motherer deserves this.

That motherer is ing sickening and stupid and way too perfect.

He gets Luhan, and then when he’s abandoned, he finds a new boyfriend so ing quickly and now, he’s even getting bullied, as though he’s a damsel in distress waiting for Lay to swoop in with his white horse and rescue him.

Pathetic.

He’s almost living a perfect fairytale life.

It’s not fair.

-

Later that afternoon, Sehun sends a message to Tao asking for a food fight just because he desperately wants to vent and let the anger out of his system. And well, spending time with Tao was always fun, especially the good old times they used to spend as a trio with Jongin, hurling popcorn at people, pulling Suho’s pants down all the time after Gym class, singing at the top of their lungs in the middle of the night while they watched horror movies –which usually ended up with Tao hugging Sehun and crying over some silly monster in the movie and resulting in cuddles- and of course, their infamous food fights.

He slightly taunts and annoys Tao with all the ‘yehets’ in the message, he knows that well, and of course, Tao falls for his trick and agrees readily.

He prepares himself for the food fight and wears extra layers of clothing and brings a container full of black goop that he found in a corner of his fridge… Last year.

Tao’s going to have a hard time washing that out.

-

I’m going to Instagram the out of this. Sehun thinks as he snaps a quick photo of trashed kitchen and secretly takes another photo of the once fashionable and handsome Huang mothering Zitao, now turned into a mess of tomatoes, cucumbers, mashed potato, grape juice and unidentifiable black goop. Oh, and the banana peel hanging from his forehead was an artistic touch, of course.

Sehun hurries Tao into the shower because he honestly can’t stand the dumpster smell coming off of Tao and grins as he posts the photo on Instagram and adds several useless tags and yehets and cheeky smiley faces. He’s glad he spent the afternoon with Tao; honestly, he’s really missed the older blond ever since he got a boyfriend named Kris or something.

Jongin’s got a boyfriend, Sehun grins as an image of a grumpy and blushing Kyungsoo pops up in his head, Zitao has an apparently hot-model-slash-basketball player-hot-hot-hot-douchebag-idiot of a boyfriend and yet, I still don’t have one.

Sehun sighs.

Maybe he should just give up on love and die an old and lonely man with 64 cats and a withering garden. Or he could just become a punk and lonely old man with 64 lions and a garden full of black roses. Hell yeah.

And then he notices the blinking message on Tao’s phone and picks it up and unlocks the phone as he shouts to Zitao about answering the message.

He gets distracted by the message folder titled ‘Kris’ and opens it up and scrolls through the messages, almost instantly regretting his actions when he realizes what Zitao meant by ‘idiot of a boyfriend’.

-

From: Krisfail <3333

Hey babe.

Missing you.

Are you tired? Because you’ve been running through my mind all day.

-

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?

-

I’ll be Burger King and you’ll be McDonalds. I’ll have it my way, and you’ll be lovin’ it.

-

If a fat man puts you in bag late at night, don’t worry, cos I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas this year.

-

If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.

-

Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants.

-

Okay, no, the last message made Sehun choke on air and laugh until his face turned red and his stomach hurt.

Goddamn it, Kris was cheesy and stupid. He matched Tao perfectly.

And then Sehun suddenly remembers the message and frowns when he sees the new message is from Xiumin.

From: Xiumin

Help

Lug e iehlnldke w

And then realization hits Sehun like a brick, and he throws the phone on Tao’s table as he replaces his dirty old shirt with a new one and rushes off to the soccer field.

-

Sehun doesn’t quite know if he should’ve gone around finding Minseok or if he should just go ahead and ask Yuri what the hell is up with Minseok. He chooses the latter because he doesn’t know how desperately Minseok needs help and because he knows Tao well enough to know the blond is going to spend an hour in the shower pampering his precious body.

Sure enough, he sees Yuri and Jessica and the rest of the ‘in crowd’ dispersed on the benches, a few guys playing soccer with Luhan. A shiver runs through his body as he clenches and unclenches his fist, unsure of what to do if Luhan sees him.

This is why he never comes to the soccer field on this particular day and time.

Again, Yuri turns and looks at Sehun quickly, and Sehun briefly wonders if Yuri has a Sehun radar or something because there’s no way someone could sense his presence this quickly, he’s not even inside the field yet.

Her smile is a little shaky and off as Sehun cautiously approaches the benches with bated breath, he could feel all the eyes staring at him, waiting and anticipating for his next move.

Yuri speaks first.

“Why are you here?”

“Where’s Minseok?”

Beside Yuri, Jessica narrows her eyes as something dangerous and angry flash within her mocha brown eyes. “Yuri, what’s the meaning of this?”

“Your bunch of friends has Minseok or something. Where are they?” Sehun grits his teeth as he notices out of the corner of his eye that movement on the field has ceased.

“Sehun, leave him to die. Don’t get yourself involved with this matter.”

Yuri.” Jessica’s voice has an edge to it as she urges said girl to tell her what’s happened.

“Fine,” Yuri hisses as she spins around to whisper into Jessica’s ear and winces when Jessica stands up abruptly after she finishes speaking.

“I didn’t tell you to carry out my plan. I had no intention of doing it at all because I knew the risks that would’ve come with it. I am a lady, not a jealous old hag.”

“Well then I’m sorry for doing this without asking you,” Yuri sighs, “but I have no intention of stopping the gang. The damage is already done; blame the poor guy for crossing paths with me.”

“Please, Yuri…” Sehun inwardly groans as he wonders why he’s even doing this. Maybe Yuri was right, he should let Minseok deal with this himself.

“No, I don’t get why you are so nice to someone who practically stole Luhan and Yixing away from you and is the bane of your life. Why are you causing more hurt to yourself? I’m doing this partially for you too; I won’t let somebody do this to you and Jessica.”

Yuri was adamant about her decision, this much Sehun could tell.

He was torn between two choices; let Minseok bleed to death, or beg and grovel for someone who he hates with passion and barely even knows?

Obviously the first choice was better.

But… Yixing.

Yixing would cry. Yixing would be hurt. The Yixing who had comforted Sehun when he was hurting, Yixing who spent the afternoon in the rain with him, and the same Yixing who made Sehun feel more human and alive, instead of a lonely and dead shell of who he once used to be.

Yixing, who was more compassionate and breathtaking than anybody else Sehun knew. Yixing, who danced with such fluid movements and entrancing expressions. Yixing, who drew unicorns and buns all over his notebook full of hearts and Kim Minseok’s name.

Yixing would be no better off than the shell Sehun once used to be if Minseok was dead.

And so he made his decision.

He kneeled down in front of Yuri and does a *saebae.

“Please, Yuri-noona, I beg of you, please, tell me where Minseok is!” Sehun’s eyes clamp shut as he hears the whispers from the rest of the ‘in crowd’ and the laughter from several of them.

“Oh Sehun. Get. Up.” Yuri scoffed as she took a step forward. “Sehun, get the up.”

“Please.”

“Sehun, for god’s sake, you better get up now and stop this nonsense!” Yuri hollered as she closed the gap between them and hauled Sehun up by the collar.

Noona!” Sehun pleaded as he continued staring at the green grass between his feet.

“For ’s sake, Oh Sehun! Fine! You infuriating brat, he’s at the back garden near the iron gates.” Yuri grumbled lowly as she turned her back to Sehun and walked back to the benches.

Sehun quickly dusts off the mud on his jeans and turns to run off, but stops when Yuri shouts his name once more.

“Sehun, you better not call me Noona again next time! I’m not that old, got it?”

Sehun nods once, trying to hide a smile as he runs off to the back gardens.

-

When the blond haired lad reaches the back garden, he falters a bit in his step when he notices that Tao, Yixing and Kris –whom he recognizes from Tao’s wallpaper- are already there.

Crap, he hasn’t got a plan worked out.

Tao is in a weird stance that must’ve been his kungfu skills or something, Kris is trying to look intimidating with his basket ball, and Yixing… Well Yixing looks like he’s on the brink of tears, his eyes never moving from where Minseok lain on the ground in pain.

I can’t go in there now without a plan.

And then he hears a scream of pain and a sickening crack as a shoe makes contact with Minseok’s nose.

And then Yixing collapses.

Okay, I’m going in there without a plan.

Sehun groans as he steps in and a branch snaps from the weight of his shoe, everybody lifting their heads in surprise to see Sehun there.

“Another one to beat up! And this time, you’re the kid that ran off after he saw poor ol’ Minseok here.”

Oh, oh, .

Yixing sits up immediately as he stares at Sehun with tear filled eyes that widened in shock as he made eye contact with Sehun’s eyes that swirled with guilt. That was all the answer he needed.

“W-well, this time I’m… not… r-running away.” Sehun stammers as Yixing shakes his head dejectedly and looks away from Sehun. And then Sehun feels like he’s been electrified.

He hadn’t expected Yixing to act like this. He…Yixing couldn’t even bear to bring himself to meet Sehun’s eyes after confirming that Sehun had ran away.

“Stay out of this, Sehun.” A voice behind Sehun sighs as she nudges Sehun to move away as she calmly walks up to one of the guys in the gang.

Yuri.

A heated staring contest sparked off between the leader of the gang and Yuri, and finally, the gang leader looked away as he signaled his friends to move off.

“Kim Minseok, you’re lucky that precious Oh Sehun here is Yuri’s friend. If not, you would’ve…” The leader cackles as he throws the baseball bat in his hands onto the floor and stomped on it, causing the bat to break clean in half.

“But there’s still a price to pay.”

Sehun barely has any time to move as the leader moves faster than lightning, and a knife slashes his cheek.

“Sehun!” He hears Tao choke out in shock.

Sehun blinks, once, twice, and then stares at the leader’s retreating figure.

He’s a little bit dazed and his brain doesn’t register what had happened. Was this a figment of his imagination?

Tao rushes over and lightly pokes at Sehun’s wound.

The pain is unbelievable and Sehun bites back a shout as he feels warm blood dripping down his cheek.

No way.

Tao apologizes and shouts at Kris to bring Sehun to the Infirmary, quickly, before said guy faints.

No. ing. Way.

Sehun’s fingers touch the long wound across his right cheek, and he glances up to see Yixing get off the floor and rush over to Minseok’s side, enveloping Minseok in a tight hug.

Motherer.” Sehun hisses loudly as he stares at Minseok in burning red anger, hand still covering his cheek as Tao and Kris led him off to the Infirmary.

-

Son of a ! ing , this ing school and this ty room and Yixing and Luhan and Jessica and I hate everyone!

Sehun is sitting upright on the unsteady Infirmary bed, Jongin, Tao and Kyungsoo beside him.

“Sehun-ah… Don’t you think you’re mad at the wrong people?” Kyungsoo sighs as he tries and fails to comfort the raging storm within Sehun.

“No. No, this is all ing Kim Minseok’s fault. I know I don’t have any luck at all with finding guys and I’ll die alone, but this scar will turn away anybody who even has the slightest ing interest in me. It’s not fair, he has Yixing and everybody ing loves him, but I don’t have anyone at all!”

“Sehun, you have us…” Tao pipes up as his eyebrows knit in worry and he pats Sehun’s back.

“I should have left him there to die! Do you know what I did for him? He stole Luhan and Yixing away from me, and yet I helped him, I groveled and begged for Yuri to help me in front of everyone, and this is what I get! This is what I ing get! I can’t believe this… I can’t.”

“Sehun, , you need to calm down. We’ll leave you here to rest and fetch you later, we have classes to attend to, I’m sorry.” Jongin apologized as he gives Sehun a warm hug. “We’ll be back!”

And Sehun watches their retreating figures and sighs as he slumps down on the creaking and unsteady bed.

He falls asleep after that and barely registers someone shaking his body until he hears a familiar voice.

Sehun’s hazy eyes were clouded from sleep and he blinks furiously as the bright fluorescent ceiling lights practically blinding him, staring at the figure towering over him.

Wait…

Was that… Luhan?

“Sehun, will you marry me?”


Fin


 

Long author's note here that you're free to skip ヽ(;▽;)ノ 

DUNDUNDUUUUN.

No, , sorry for ruining the mood.

Um, I don't really know what to say except for the fact that this is 5,890 words and that's pretty darn amazing and stupid of me because I didn't revise for my exams and spent 2 days on this. But I think I aced the test with an hour's worth of last-minute studying anyway!

I love Sehun's relationship with Jongin here, like I think it would be awesome to have a cousin like that but I'm sorry all my cousins and they probably hate me anyway so whatever, I'm still amazing.

My excuse for this story is that I ship ing so hard. It's my second fave pairing after Taoris (and honestly ing ships itself so they're killing me right now ugh) and DID ANYBODY SEE ALL THE ING MOMENTS WHEN THEY PERFORMED 'RUN' AT THE SHANGHAI SHOWCASE?!! I freaked out and nearly smacked myself OTL. (also because RUN is my third fave song under Black Pearl and Machine and it's my fave song in the new album)

Kris is so cheesy with pickup lines I can't. Lay in this story is alike to my ex-eyecandy (is that even a thing) and my bias in SNSD is Yuri so that's the reason why I made her the baddie here along with Jessica. Warning to you guys tho that Yuri and Jess aren't all too good and all too bad characters either. Also, um I know people who are major hypocrites and hate Yuri for her personality but personally I think she's ing awesome. She isn't afraid and doesn't act pretentious and shy so that's one of her really good points, just saying man. Random question here for you guys, who's your bias in SNSD and if you don't have one, what's your fave SNSD song? Mine's Yuri and as for the song, it's probably ITNW or TMYW. (their song titles are long)

Guys don't hate on poor XiuLay okay :( Xiumin's been through a lot man. And I have no excuses for Lay's behaviour except for the fact that's he places right behind Zitao when it comes to my list of biases.

And POOR SEHUN. POOR SEHUN. He really did go through a lot of heartbreak because of Xiumin and I'm sorry I mistreat my characters like this I really am.

Uh major plot twist and cliffie in the end with Luhan's sudden appearance and then he freaking pops the question, like Luhan you lil do you not realise that one of your good buddies caused Sehun to get hurt and your sort of ex (Xiumin) caused him major heart pains? Do yOU NOT SEE THE DARK GRAY ATMOSPHERE IN THE AIR.

Another random question, would you guys like to see BaekTao vs Krisyeol for part 5 (part 4 is Luhan's story), or TaoMin vs Kray

So like, these are pictures of Sehun with the scar on his right cheek during Part 4 of the story after his wound heals. And um credits go out to the amazing people who took these photos (i'm sorry idk who you people are) BUT LIKE THANKS A LOT. LOVE YOU MAN.

And again I effed up with the format gee we have all established my lack of technical skills like I figured out how to get it to the center but then they are stuck together now. Wow. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS OF FORMAT SEMPAI. (no seriously help me guys).

And uhh have a great day ahead! Part 4 will be uploaded here soon!

-AdoruZiall xoxo

*saebae - a formal bow or an action of kowtow-ing.