Chapter 3

Wanted: Umma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH. 3

In a spacious and comfortable living room of Jung residence, there were four persons that were sitting. Jessica was sitting on a beige fabric armchair. On her left side, was her parents sitting on the sofa. Her sister was facing her and also sitting on an armchair.

The brunette was fidgeting. She didn’t know how to start explaining the situation she was in. She wanted to start with the day she met Taeyeon and ended it with the deal they had. The brunette tried to open but no words came out. Why I can’t say anything?

On the left side, her parents were anxiously waiting for Jessica to speak. The pair had an idea of what Jessica wanted to say. Especially a while ago, when the brunette said that she wanted to talk about something. The couple could hear the seriousness in her voice.

Across Jessica, Yoona was nonchalantly looking at her phone but deep down, she wanted to hear what her eonni would tell them. She was hoping that it was about a certain man that he admired the most. Jessica was not aware that her little sister was having a crush to the ‘Appa’ of her kids.

The brunette tried to speak again but still, no words came out. How can I explain everything? I’m hopeless.

Mr Jung saw that his daughter tried to speak but no words came out. His patience was hanging by a thread. If she will not tell us anything, I will be the one to start everything. He saw that Jessica tried again but fail. That’s it! The man started to speak but got interrupted by his wife.

“Jessica, it’s okay.” Mrs. Jung said to Jessica. The brunette was confused to what her mother said.

“We understand everything.” Her mother added.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

“We already know everything.” The brunette was shocked and gasped when she her those words. They know? I’m doomed.

“Why did you need to keep it? We will accept you and them no matter what.” Jessica knitted her eyebrows. What is my eomma talking about?

“What are you talking about, eomma?”

“You are keeping my grandchildren from me, from your father and sister. Why did you hide them? Are you afraid that we will disown you? We can never do that to you Jessica. We love you so much that it is impossible to hurt you and disown you.” Mrs. Jung kept on blabbering things. The brunette suddenly became dizzy. She didn’t know where her mother got that information. What the?!

“Wait Eomma, what are you talking about?” Mrs. Jung didn’t had a chance to answer the question. A loud bang on the table echoed inside the room. The three ladies got startled because of it. The three of them looked at the head of the family.

“We saw and heard everything Jessica Soo-yeon Jung.” Mr. Jung said sternly. Jessica knew that her father was serious. Now that he used her Korean name.

“Appa, eomma, I don’t know what are you talking about.”

“You don’t know?” Mr. Jung smirked at her.

“I really don’t know.” Jessica answered.

“Who are Ji-hoon and Ji-yoon?” That question caught her off guard.

“How did you know them, appa?”

“Don’t answer my question with another question, Soo-yeon!” Jessica just sighed.

“Ji-hoon and Ji-yoon are the kids of Taeyeon Kim.” The brunette said.

“Who is Taeyeon Kim?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Taeyeon Kim is the famous architect, Appa,” Yoona answered dreamily. “He is the most eligible bachelor now. He has a cute chin dimples and has a cute and fun size height. Even though he is short, he is one of the most respected architect. He was famous not only here in Korea but also in the US and Europe.” Yoona explained liked she really knew him. Jessica raised a questioning brow then rolled her eyes at her sister.

“Am I talking to you Yoona Jung?” Mr. Jung asked. Yoona bowed her head and muttered a sorry.

“What is going on between you and that Taeyeon Kim? Why his kids are calling you Umma?”

“That’s what I want to talk about.”

“Then explain everything. We’re listening.” Mr. Jung said and leaned on the backrest of the sofa and crossed his arms. The brunette released a deep sigh then started to explain everything. She told them how did the two kids hugged her when she was having a tour near the Han River. She also told them the deal they had.

“So you don’t have kids?” Mrs. Jung asked disappointment was evident on her face. Jessica shook her head.

“Umma, how can I have kids? Have you seen me get pregnant?” Mrs. Jung shook her head.

“Aw, I thought I have grandchildren already.” Her Umma frowned. I want to have grandchildren.

“So eonni, there is a chance that I will see Taeyeon Kim.” Jessica nodded to her sister.

“Yes!” Yoona stood up and ran to her room. I need to have my beauty rest so if Taeyeon will see me, he will realize that I’m prettier than my sister. She mentally laughed her famous alligator laugh.

“What’s wrong with her?” Jessica mumbled.

“Soo-yeon!” Mr. Jung called his daughter.

“Yes, Appa.”

“I want to talk to Taeyeon Kim.”

“Okay. I will ask him when he is available.”

“No, I want to talk to him tomorrow. If not, you cannot be the Umma of his kids. That’s final.” Mr. Jung stood up and walked towards the master’s bedroom.

“Don’t worry Jessica. I will talk to your appa.” Mrs. Jung said then winked at Jessica.

“Thank you, Eomma.”

“But seriously Jessica, those two kids are not your child?”

“No, Eomma.”

“Aw, I really want a grandchild now.” Mrs. Jung stated liked it was a simple thing.

“If you will talk to Appa and convince him that I will be the Umma of Taeyeon’s twins, then you will have a grandchild.” Mrs. Jung face became bright and her eyes lit up.

“Right!” I need to convince him to have a grandchild!

“Yeobo!” Mrs. Jung called while running towards the master’s bedroom. Jessica just shook her head. I have a weird family.

Her phone vibrated and saw an incoming video call from the child-liked faced. Oh no, I’m not ready! She instantly combed her hair using her hands and sat straight. She pressed the answer button.

“Hello Jessica!” Taeyeon greeted.

“Hi.”

“So, what happen?”

“My Appa wants to talk to you tomorrow.”

“What time?”

“Lunch?”

“Okay. I will bring the twins to Sooyoung first then I will go there.”

“Okay.”

“See you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, see you.”

“Jessica.”

“Yes, Taeyeon?”

“Thank you!”

“For what?” The brunette didn’t have any idea why Taeyeon was thanking her.

“For everything. Thank you for agreeing to be the Umma of my twins. Thank you for understanding my situation. Thank you for not getting mad because I used your photo.” Jessica smiled hearing the things that Taeyeon was telling her.

“No Taeyeon, thank you.” Taeyeon knitted his eyebrows.

“Why are you thanking me?”

“I’m thanking you because if you did not did it, I will never have a chance to meet Ji-hoon and Ji-yoon. They brought color to my dull life.” Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear.

“Good night Jessica.”

“Good night Taeyeon.” Taeyeon was about to press the end button but Jessica stopped him.

“Can I see the twins?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon stood up from his seat and walked to the living room where the twins were watching their favourite cartoon.

“Hey kids, umma wants to talk to you.” The twins perked up when they heard the word Umma.

“Umma!” The two shouted in unison. Taeyeon sat on the couch and the twins immediately sat on his lap.

“Hello Umma!” Ji-hoon said looking at the phone.

“I miss you Umma!” Ji-yoon said.

“I miss you too, Ji-yoon-ah.” Ji-hoon pouted when he heard that his Umma was telling I miss you to his twin but not to him. Jessica noticed the pout.

“Why are you pouting Ji-hoon-ah?” Jessica asked. She really wanted to squeeze the cheeks of her son.

“Don’t you miss me, Umma?” Ji-hoon asked in a sad tone. The brunette wanted to laugh but she suppressed it.

“I miss you too, Ji-hoon-ah. I miss both of you.” The pout on Ji-hoon became a wide grin liked the grin of his Appa.

“How ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter