Miracle In The Making.

Miracles Don't Exist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                                  

 

A cool autumn breeze scattered the orange leaves across the pavement as Sehun adjusted his scarf while out with his friends. Baekhyun, Jongin, and Sehun were at a local coffee shop, the latter sipped at his plain black coffee as the other two waited for their orders. The trio sat at an outdoor table, enjoying the somehow calming effect that came with the unique and addictive aroma of coffee. They chatted about random topics, from politics to popular singers, the group had settled into a comfortable silence as one of the shops workers approached them with Jongin and Baekhyun’s drinks in hand.

“Here’s your order, sorry for the wait.” The waiter said cheerfully.

“No, it’s no problem- Wait, Luhan?” Baekhyun asked

Upon hearing the name Sehun’s head shot up to see the beautiful boy standing there right in front of him. Luhan was wearing black dress pants and a blue button down shirt with a white polka dotted pattern. Sehun knew he was staring and he also knew that his mouth was probably wide open but how could he not make a face like that when he was looking at an angel like Luhan?

Sehun felt one of his friends nudge him in the side, effectively waking up from the trance the older boy had put him under.

“Yeah, I’ve been working here since last weekend. So what’s up?” Luhan said.

“Nothing really, we just felt like grabbing some coffee today.” Jongin replied.

“Shouldn’t you be working?” Sehun asked. He hadn’t meant to sound cold but things like that just seemed to happen whenever the older boy was around. He couldn’t control his mouth. His two best friends realised his mistake and the both laughed to lighten the tense situation.

“I think he means, we don’t want to get you in trouble with your boss by talking to you.” Baekhyun quickly added. Sehun sent him a quick nod, silently saying thank you to his friend for fixing his blunder.

Luhan’s lips formed an ‘O’ shape while he nodded at the three customers in understanding, he giggled a little before saying “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be able to get fired even if I tried. My dad owns the place.”

“That’s so cool. We’ll be sure to become regulars then.” Jongin said, nudging Sehun again.

“I’m going to get back to work, but enjoy your drinks guys!”

“Dude its fate! You should ask for his number!” Jongin yelled excitedly.

“Hahaha, you’re funny! You both know fate, much like miracles…” Sehun began.

“Don’t exist.” Baekhyun and Jongin both finished for their younger friend.

“Exactly! So why do you guys keep pushing me to confess?” Sehun chuckled.

“Because it won’t take a miracle to make the boy like you! I’m like 86% sure he likes you already!” Baekhyun stated matter-o-factly.

“That still leaves 14% to chance and that’s a risk I will not take!” said the brunette

Both Jongin and Baekhyun groaned while Sehun answered an incoming call he was receiving.

“Hey guys, I need to go now. My aunt and cousin came to visit.” Sehun said as he stood and left the table. “Thanks for the support guys, but I know you; don’t do anything to Luhan okay?” with that he took his leave.

Baekhyun looked to his tan friend with raised eyebrows. “Dude.” And with that one simple word a devious and sneaky plan was devised between the two.

 

A week had passed since the trio of boys had met Luhan at the coffee shop. Sehun could not get the older boy out of his head but he blames his friends for that, his sneaky friends had decided to invite Luhan to their little group. The trio had become a quartet and Sehun didn’t know if he was pleased or pissed off. He had told his friends not to get involved, but then again, hanging out with a beautiful boy like Luhan had its perks as well. Sehun spent an extremely large amount of time just watching the boy, in the least creepy way possible. The brunette snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the bell ring, he looked around and saw his fellow classmates packing up their books and pencils. Sehun looked down at his own textbook and realised he had not taken down a single one of the notes written by the teacher, he was too busy thinking about Luhan to focus on math whatsoever. He mentally made a note to ask one of his classmates for the notes later on.

Jongin was waiting for him by his locker looking excited about something.

“Sehun, hurry up! We’re going to go catch a movie.” Jongin said.

“What? Why? It’s a school night.” Sehun asked.

“Cause this movie is new and it’s supposed to be really good.”

“Fine.”

And with that the two boys left to go to the theatre were they met up with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, ad Luhan. The group then proceeded to buy their snacks and tickets for the movie before entering the actual viewing room. The boys sat in one row all together; Chanyeol on the very end and then Baekhyun sat on his right, continuing that pattern it was Luhan, Sehun, Jongin, and lastly Kyungsoo.

The previews had ended and the movie was about twenty minutes in. In those twenty minutes Baekhyun had fallen asleep and was cuddling Chanyeol, Kyungsoo was terrified and was clinging to Jongin, Sehun was watching with a bored face, and Luhan was trying his best not to cry at the pop up scenes.

“Who even picked this movie anyways? The blood is obviously fake.” Sehun deadpanned.  

“You’re not scared?” Luhan asked with teary eyes.

The younger shook his head, cooing at how adorable the Chinese male looked.

“Would it be okay if you held my hand then? I’m kind of scared.” Luhan blushed but continued to make eye contact.

Sehun’s hand immediately shot out and grabbed the other’s hand, giving him a reassuring smile.

Another ten minutes had passed and both Baek and Chanyeol had fallen asleep, still holding on to each other as if they’d be separated if they weren’t practically glued onto each other. Jongin had decided that he wanted to ‘help’ Kyungsoo forget about the movie, so the two were now making out heatedly. Luhan had clung himself onto the younger’s arms, to which Sehun was not complaining at all. He held onto the arm even tighter, keeping it flush against his chest as a particularly horrific scene appeared.

Luhan leaned up, giving the other an apologetic smile and whispered in his ear. “Sorry, I guess this movie was a mistake.”

Sehun was feeling a mix of emotions right now. He wanted to scream that this movie was not a mistake since it got the other to cling onto him. He also wanted melt over the adorable smile he had received. And lastly he wanted to just turn around and kiss the living daylights out of the boy but Sehun settled for a “The movie isn’t that bad.”

The two held eye contact until Luhan’s eyes flickered away and widened. A small gasp made its way past his lips. Sehun turned to see Kai and Kyungsoo basically on top of one another. With his free hand, Sehun gave Jongin a pinch, successfully breaking the two lovers apart. Kyungsoo looked past Sehun and saw a very flustered Luhan gaping at him.

“Dude, what was that?” Kai asked a little angry at his friend.

“Either watch the movie or get a room, nobody here needs to be traumatized by you.” Sehun rebutted.

“Fine, we’ll do just that then.” Kai retorted, muttering a soft “You’re such a Sehun.”

Baekhyun who had woken up during t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter