Kiss you~

Forever (I'll grow old with you)

Warning: unbeta'ed and awful

 

 

FOREVER (I'LL GROW OLD WITH YOU)

 

 

 

 

 

Thirty minutes past eleven.

Kyungsoo’s slim fingers caressed the unfinished scrapbook which he started to make a few weeks ago. His tiny lampshade illuminated the colorful features of his creation and it made him smile to no end because the only thing that’s left is their family picture, waiting to be placed on the end of the book. He is already satisfied with his nearly finished masterpiece.

The twins were turning six soon and Kyungsoo overheard them telling their father that they wanted something unique for their birthday—unlike the usual toys that most kids wanted to have (a trait they probably inherited from him). And somehow, he thought that this might be the perfect thing that he can show to them.

The first few pages were merely a collection of the twins’ infant pictures, how they looked so angelic while sleeping on their crib, wearing the sweater that Kyungsoo knitted for them. When they have finally ate their first solid food, and had their first game, and bedtime stories with them. It was as if those were pictures of yesterday, his babies have grown too fast. He giggled when he saw the picture that was needed to be pasted on his scrapbook—taken during the first month of their twins and the sight of his husband was too funny for him, how he failed to smile because he was being too cautious about holding their little boy and how Kyungsoo felt the younger squirm beside him, afraid that he might let go of their child accidentally (thank God he didn’t.).

He carefully brushed a few portions of paste on the last page of his scrapbook and placed the picture perfectly inside the border that he made. With a few more arrangements, he stood and closed the lampshade, toddling his way towards his husband.

He quietly lied down on the bed, hoping that it was enough not to wake him up but when he felt a sturdy pair of arms encircling his waist and soft lips pressing onto his neck, Kyungsoo realized that he had been waiting for him. He smiled and turned his body, facing the younger who was faking his sleep. He placed a soft kiss on his lips and the hands on his waist became tighter, their mouths slowly becoming more active, the sound of mixed breaths and kisses resonating around their room. When they parted to breathe, Jongin finally opened his eyes, looking at Kyungsoo with the same intent gaze that he always had for him.

“It’s almost twelve, you should have slept.” Jongin commented, breaths puffing at each other yet none of them were trying to move.

“I just finished the scrapbook for the kids. By the way, you should see it tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll love it.” Kyungsoo said excitedly, pressing his palms on his husband’s cheeks, squishing it to make pouting lips, easier to access for a kiss.

“We should’ve just bought them toys or books, baby, you’re always tired yet you’re still trying to find time to make a scrapbook for their birthday.”

“Aww, come on, baby, the kids said that they wanted something unique. Plus, I’m not really tired. If there’s anyone who should be tired here, it’s you President Kim.” Kyungsoo teased and all he got was a chuckle from Jongin and a deep searing kiss.

“If that makes you happy then I’m fine with it. Just don’t overwork yourself too much. Now let’s go to sleep. Good night baby, I love you.”

Kyungsoo giggled at him and he scooted closer (as if it was still possible) to give him a kiss on the forehead. The moonlight lighted up their dark room, allowing him to see more of his husband’s features, and Kyungsoo then wondered what he liked most about Jongin.

Maybe it was his age? Jongin was a year younger than him, and how they met was a clichéd thing—on a university, where the Cherry Blossoms just decided to bloom, the old bell signaling the start of the first semester. But Kyungsoo was pretty much sure that it’s not their or not even Jongin’s age.

(He was never fond of younger men, not that he wanted older men either.)

Maybe it was the first impression that he gave him? (Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in disagreement.) Jongin was a brat, a brat oozing with narcissism and unnecessary confidence, often violating the rules of their student body (because apparently, Kyungsoo was a secretary of the student council that time) who bluntly came up to him and asked him for a date.

(“Date? What do you know about it? You’re just a brat.”

Jongin scoffed. “Please, I’m old enough to produce another brat.”)

Maybe it was his persistence? Maybe not. Kyungsoo thought a long time ago that maybe he accepted Jongin’s confession through the younger’s continuous pestering. He wasn’t one to know about love, since Kyungsoo never had any relationships before so even if he’s heart was about to explode every time he saw Jongin coming near him, he ignored it.

(Not for a long time though. Maybe three days max.

“Kyungsoo-hyung, I know I’ve been a pain in the , well you won’t really know that because we aren’t together yet. Aw ! Don’t hit me! I’m just kidding. I love you okay? Love is a strong word but I know that it’s only you who can make me feel this way. I‘m not really a bastard, I was just faking it just so you can notice me. Aw, damn it! Stop hitting me!)

Maybe it was Jongin’s effort for their first date? Jongin was the son of the famous businessman in town, and he actually had the power to close a certain restaurant and reserve it just for them. But the younger only asked Kyungsoo to go to their university’s rooftop on the night of 13th, stars twinkling and moon shining at ten o’clock in the evening. Kyungsoo arrived to a waiting Jongin with binoculars on his hands, and a box of picnic box beside his legs.

(“I’ve always wanted to watch the stars with the person I love? And uh, I don’t know how to cook, I swear, I know this is gonna be the worst food you’re gonna taste but my mother told me that the best thing to do to show how you love somebody is through cooking. Uh, Kyungsoo-hyung? Why are you crying? I know, I kind of burned the rice, I thought it takes two hours to cook. Hyung? Babe? Stop crying.”

Kyungsoo cried because that’s the time when he realized how important Jongin was to him. And also, the rice was black, damn it, how dumb can Jongin be.)

Maybe it was for Jongin’s kisses? They had their first kiss on the rooftop and Kyungsoo realized how soft Jongin’s lips were. His were chapped and probably rough but it amazed him how their lips perfectly molded together (even if they were both trembling so badly because nervousness was eating them both). Jongin liked to kiss him in romantic places, but really, every place is romantic when the person you love is the one kissing you. He liked stealing kisses in public places and anywhere when he felt like it.

(“Stop kissing me! Damn it. My lips are always bruised because of your obsession with it.”

Maybe it was for Jongin’s proposal to him? (Oh , Kyungsoo’s feeling tears in his eyes.) He can find enough words to describe this. Perfect? Best? Greatest?

(“Hi Kyungsoo-hyung, baby, I know you hated public displays of affection but I don’t think I can do this one in private. I am announcing this, in front of thousands, or maybe more of people in Seoul. I know that my father might kill me for interrupting his advertisements on billboards but this is much more important. This is to let everyone know how much I love you. Remember the first time we met? How you hated me at that time because I spilled an orange juice on your shirt and I never apologized because I thought, you have finally noticed me. I continued bothering you because my best friend told me, ‘If you really have a dream, then you need to chase it. Don’t stop until you get it.’ You were my dream, hyung, and I realized that if it was the only way to make you notice me then I’ll continue doing it.

And you did. Only god knows how happy I was during that time. I actually did things that I never knew how to because I wanted to impress you. I knew how you loved homemade food so I practiced how to cook even if my mother was about to kick me out because her kitchen was a whole mess. I studied harder because you liked it when I’m busying myself with books and it kind of earns me tons of kisses.

I might not be the perfect one for you, hyung, out relationship might have a lot of imperfections but I promise, no matter what happens, I’ll always be with you. I don’t even know how to breathe whenever you’re not around.

So on this night, in front of the whole country, with our favourite constellation twinkling upon us. Do Kyungsoo, will you be, Mrs. Kim Jongin?

Will you marry me?”)

Maybe it was Jongin’s decision to give up his passion and focus on being the heir instead? Jongin always told Kyungsoo that he’ll never follow his father’s footsteps, but when they’ve finally set their date for the wedding. Jongin casually announced that he’ll be working under his father’s company for proper training so that it wouldn’t be much of a hassle when he starts working in a high position. Kyungsoo wasn’t mad, he was rather dumbfounded.

(“I love dancing but I love you more. What I did is for our future.”)

Maybe it’s because of Jongin’s lack of words when he told him he was pregnant? Jongin stood in front of him, completely shocked and quiet. Soon, Kyungsoo found himself being lifted in the air as Jongin shouted the words “I am going to be a father!”

(They didn’t have much talk that night; Jongin was too busy telling everyone that he’s going to be a father.  And that was what Kyungsoo meant.)

Maybe it’s because of Jongin’s stubbornness? Kyungsoo wanted another child. The twins looked happy on their own, but somehow, Kyungsoo wanted to have more. However, whenever they make love, Jongin always rolled on a protection and of course, he would never get pregnant in that manner.

(“I don’t want to see you hurt again. I almost lost you when you gave birth to the twins.”

“It’s part of pregnancy, of having kids, of course I’ll get hurt, but it’s worth it, right?”

“Kyungsoo—”

“Make love to me.”

“You know I can never say no to that.”

“No condoms.”

“Okay—what?”

“You heard me. Come on.”

“Kyungsoo you don’t understand, it’s hard for me to release it outside when I’m inside you.”

“Shut up! That’s embarrassing! And for that, don’t you think you have to figure it out by yourself?”)

Maybe it’s because of Jongin’s never ending affection? Kyungsoo would wake up through soft kisses on his lips and whispers of I love you. Even when Jongin was at work, he would never fail to call or text Kyungsoo the three words, and at night before they sleep. It’s not a habit, or routine, it’s simply Jongin, telling everything true to his Kyungsoo.

(“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?”)

 

Kyungsooknew there was more but his eyes were starting to close and his mind drifted on the dreamland.

 

-

 

 

The rays of the sunlight were blinding Kyungsoo’s eyes even if it were still closed. His eyebrows were furrowed and the continuous assault of the sun made him he slowly got up. No kisses woke him up, not even a soft whisper of I love you were heard. Where the heck is Jongin? He toddled his way to the bathroom to fix himself; he should be making their breakfast by now.

He made sure to check the kids’ room before going down, however, the twins weren’t there. He scratched his head in confusion and tried not to frown on this bad morning. He lazily walked down the stairs and that’s when he smelled that sweet aroma of is that a cake or a cupcake?  Yet, it smelled burnt.

Alarmed, he quickly went to the kitchen and found his angels with their daddy arguing over a cake. He leaned on the doorway and observed them.

“It’s burned! Sehun! You were supposed to look after the cupcakes!” Jongin said in panic, his shirt and apron were in a mess and his hair was sticking out in every direction.

“No Daddy! It was supposed to be Hannie who should be looking after it!” Sehun retorted and his girl twin glared at him with tears in her eyes.

“It wasn’t me! Daddy told me to look after the cake! Look, it’s perfect. Unlike your cupcakes!” Hannie said, showing them the messily decorated sponge cake. On her hand was the icing bag she used to write ‘Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy!’ Yet she noticed how bad her cake was. She sobbed in despair because, “Daddy! Mommy isn’t going to like this!”

Jongin walked beside her daughter to take a good look of her cake. He nervously laughed and picked Hannie in his arms, giving her a small kiss on the cheek. “Good job, Hannie, it’s okay, your Mommy will be very happy with it.”

Sehun scoffed and gathered all his cupcakes in a tray. He stood beside the counter with a frown. Jongin noticed this (and Kyungsoo was having this huge urge to kiss them all yet) and decided to pick up little Sehun in his arms too.

“Sehun did a good job too. We were just too busy that’s why we forgot to check the cupcakes.” Sehun nodded, feeling slightly relieved with his daddy’s words. “Cheer up babies.”

But the twins were still feeling bad about their supposed to be surprise for their mommy. With tears in his eyes, Kyungsoo ran his way towards Jongin and hugged them, kissing Sehun on his cheeks, Hannie on her forehead and Jongin on his lips.

The twins’ started to cry and jumped on their mother’s arms, shouting in unison, “Sorry Mommy! We failed in here. We just wanted to surprise you because it’s Mother’s Day!”

“Ssshh… You didn’t. Thank you babies, I love you.” Kyungsoo said, shushing the twins. He looked at Jongin who was staring at them too before gathering them all at his arms.

There were a few moments before Jongin spoke. “Babies, we knew that this would happen right? Why don’t we take him to the living room and show him our other surprise?”

Sehun and Hannie looked at Kyungsoo, then Jongin, before looking at their mother again. They kissed their mother’s cheeks before asking him to put them down for them to go to the living room. When Kyungsoo and Jongin were finally alone, the former scanned his whole kitchen before wrapping his arms on Jongin’s waist and giving him a kiss.

“I’m supposed to be angry at you all because look at what happened to my kitchen.” Kyungsoo complained and all Jongin did was to laugh and kiss the pout away.

“The kids wanted a help from their daddy who’s a faux cook.” Jongin said. “Anyway, the kids might be waiting, let’s go now?”

They were greeted by the twins who were holding a frame and a paper. It was a picture of a café, filled with the features of Kyungsoo’s dream—

Kyungsoo gasped. “Oh my god.”

Jongin smiled and kissed his forehead. “You never told me about the café that you’ve always wanted. Good thing I found it on our drawer.”

Kyungsoo playfully punched him on his chest. “You weren’t supposed to open that, you idiot.”

“I know but I’m actually glad I did. The kids helped me with the preparation of it and they were actually the ones who told the crew what to put inside the café. And this is our surprise.” Jongin explained and the twins were in front of them grinning.

Jongin felt his wife sob against his chest. He smiled and kneeled in front of him. Kyungsoo looked at him with puffy eyes and Jongin grinned.

“Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy.”

The twins pushed their father away and opened their arms wide.

“Happy Mother’s Day Mommy!”

 

 

--

 

“Baby, I know you’re gonna be busy when you start managing the café but promise me that you’re gonna stop if you get pregnant with our third baby, okay?”

Kyungsoo laughed (and internally screamed ‘ing Yay!’) as he kissed his husband lovingly, hearing squeals from their kids in front of them. Jongin then kissed his forehead and motioned the twins to come with him and clean the kitchen so that their mommy won’t get tired cleaning anymore. He watched his husband pick up their angels together while kissing them on their cheeks.

And then Kyungsoo realized, that of all the things that he listed on what he liked about Jongin, were all the things he loved about him.

 

 

 

-FIN-

 

 

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

 


A/N: Ohmygod. Happy Mother's Day Kyung! HAHAHAHAHA. I'll just edit this. Cries. Um, comments, anyone? :)