full plotline.

This is the End of the World: Will you survive, or will you not? — new twitter-based, scifi-themed AU roleplay. { CLOSED DOWN. Thank you for the short but good times. }
MAIN HEADER
 

a twitter roleplay

END OF THE WORLD

FULL PLOTLINE

Time flew surprisingly fast, humanity lasted until the year of 3425 — unfortunately, with the slowly depleting oxygene. It didn't help that almost all of the vegetations are extinct by the time. Things are far from fine, and both the government and the people are pushed deeper into panic as time goes on cruelly, not giving humans any slack.

Authoritive figures all around the world decided to gather all genius scientists from various countries, putting them into an organization which will investigate and look for a way out of the problems. It was suffocating; literally, seeing how the lack of oxygene is and the number of population. Scientists — however — were not pure in terms of intentions. They were desperate to have their names written neatly and recorded in homo sapiens' ultimate history as saviours. They tried to create a gas acceptable for human's respiration system, for human's body, but their hunger for title fails them miserably.

A new, poisonous gas was the results of scientists' sleepless night of dreaming for titles — instead of oxygene that was simply created by combining two O elements. The gas kills. Anyone who breathed the gas for more than a month would die, their lungs broken. Any non-metalic things will sublime into the same kind of gas, while metalic items would just simply decay sooner ot later — depending on their materials. And misfortune it is for our race, by the time humans realized it was a failure, the gas has spread all over the world.

Dead people, unusable things — a lot of misery in every place. Only some survive, only a few things remain. From those, the government quickly gather supplies while scientists now work on making oxygene. Survivors now use gas masks and some joins the urgent government while the others either form their own groups or try to be successful alone.

Some people can't handle the E.W gas' existence no more. They didn't like the restrictions — gas masks and all the iron plastered on humans' bodies. They refused. Some of these people die, while some survive with the help of scientists. Scientists transform volunteers into robots — or cyborgs, no one is sure which one.

The hard life of this ruined era is beyond normal difficulty. Do you think, perhaps, you can handle it?

 

 

EXPLANATIONS

  • E.W gas
    • The poisonous gas which is believed to be able to end the world. Hence, its name — Execution of the World gas or E.W gas.
  • Gas masks
    • There are three types of gas masks. The first type only covers mouth and nose; the second covers the whole face and the third type covers all of the head.
    • This masks are essential to filter the E.W gas with its advanced technology, only letting oxygene in.
  • Oxygene Tubes
    • There are some oxygene tubes for sale, made by the government's scientists mostly. But these are very expensive.
  • Irons
    • Anything made from iron will be immune to the E.W gas, anything protected by an iron box will be immune to it also — so long as the insides of the iron box does not contain E.W gas.
  • Life spans
    • Humans are probably the only living creature on the earth in this era. And due to the E.W gas and contaminated water and food, their life spans are much shorter — the maximum age will be around 40.
  • Water
    • Water is pretty immune to the gas, but it gets contaminated when it comes in contact with said gas. The contaminated water will pile up on the body, which causes humans to life shorter.
  • Food
    • Food can also sublime into E.W gas, if not protected with iron boxes under conditions above.
    • The kinds of food are pretty much the same with our generation's.
  • Clothing and Shelter
    • The government manage to make and spread the usage of clothing which involves iron, be it armors or iron-injected clothings.
    • Normal cotton will last about a week upon direct contact with the gas, the dissolving process will start at the fourth day. Protection with iron armor only make the dissolvement starts slower.
    • Buildings are rebuild using iron, or at least covered with iron barrier.
    • Ferrum-injected clothings are usually tight, body-press types. It's flexible and fits any user of any gender.
  • Technology
    • Mobile is a hi-tech watch which ables communication using holograms, advanced positioning and tracking and map system similar to GPS, and of course, to see time and date. Made of iron.
    • Motor-skates are popular transportation even before the ruined era. Very quick and easy-to-use, but requires some skill to use it effectively and swiftly; the skateboard's motors' fuel is charcoal or burnt carbon in general. Used in mid-air.
    • Portable Barrier or PB for short. It comes in a form similar to flashlights and generates a barrier made of invisible ferum particles which are positioned quite far to each other, just to protect the user's body from the deadly gas a little bit more. Some PB can also be used as normal torches.
    • Motor-skates 2nd generation are basically motor-skates, but with shapes of shoes. Something like ice-skating in the air. It's made up of iron — all of its parts — and the front part tends to be fragile. Thus, even though this prototype is pretty useful for flight, you can't really use it in combat as it may or may not break in a few kicks.
    • Ring-skates are another prototype tech. Ring-skates are pins we put on our shoes, one pin for left and another for right. When we press a button on the pin, the ring-skates will be activated — resulting in two nearly transparent rings circling each of our shoes. These rings are the 3rd generation of motor-skates. Useful for both flight and combat, but it;s very expensive.
  • Money
    • Everyone has bank accounts and that's where the money play its part. The units are called golds.
    • We may have a credit card — it's simply called card here — as proof of our bank account. Otherwise, we may register our fingerprint for transaction.
    • There is a device called depot to use in transaction. We don't go to banks or use ATM, we use depots. Some depots look like phones, some have weirder forms. We use it to pay, check our bank account's sum, and stuffs. Basically, a portable ATM.

Any questions regarding the life or items on the era shall be left on the comment box, or can also be answered through our base's twitter. Updates on storyline and technology are to be expected in the future.