Subtle Feelings

Subtle Feelings

"Sica unnie .." Her soft voice echoed through my ears as she calls out my name while we're walking down the corridor of our agency's building.

 

We just came from a press conference, together with our seven girls, and I was planning to spend the rest of the day in the dorm since this conference was our last schedule for today. But I think that plan won't work anymore when Yoona pulled my arm and commanded me to stop walking, letting the seven girls walk ahead us.

 

 

"Unnie, can I ask you a favor? Please .." She said that pleading with her eyes full of aegyo. Aww. How can I say no to her?

"Anything, Yoona." I answered and gave her a sincere smile. I just can't resist this little choding infront of me.

"Wow thanks unnie. You know I'm really shy. I don't know how to make a move and so I'm asking for your help." She said smiling. Her smile is the only thing that keeps me alive despite of all our stressfull schedules.

 

But wait, make a move? What does it mean?

 

"How can I help you, then?" I asked her, confused. This past few days, I've noticed how Yoona would zone out while we're in the middle of a show, or even while performing live. I wanna know what's been bothering her.

"Uhm .. can you buy me a bouquet of flowers, unnie?" My eyebrows crossed with her statement. Her eyes were full of hope, but I felt her hesitation by the way she said that.

"Flowers? You're asking me to buy you flowers?" What's with Yoona? Does she knew it already?

 

 

 

"Actually, it's for Seohyun .." She answered, leaving me speechless.

"I've been wanting to give her flowers but I do not know how. I'm really shy. And another thing is that I still have two photoshoots today, so there is no way I could buy that for her." She admitted.

 

 

 

I swear I could dig my own grave and bury myself after hearing her confession for Seohyun. Well it was an indirect confession, but still, it was a confession. I felt weak. My tongue has been tied up and I couldn't utter any single word.

 

"Unnie? Is it okay with you? Well I understand if---" I tilted my head and forced a smile, as I summoned all the strengths in the world to answer her.

"Of course it is okay. I'll do anything for my favorite dongsaeng." I answered, giving her an assuring smile.

"Thanks unnie. You are really the best. By the way, just put them on my bed. I'll give it to Seohyun later when I come home. And .. please pick the most beautiful flowers that your eyes could lay upon." She said. I just nodded and she went ahead, leaving me shattered.

 

 

Seohyun seems to be really special to her. Is she the one whom Yoong likes? Well, I admit I am a bit jealous. Oh. Nah, scratch the 'a bit'. I am goddamn jealous for pete's sake. I've been loving Yoona for God knows how long. And now that she finally revealed the person she trully admires, I guess being brokenhearted would be an understatement for what I am feeling right now. I seriously wanna cry at the moment, but I remembered my promise to her. Without having a second thought, I went to the nearest flower shop and bought the most beautiful one for her dearest Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

After that, I went home alone. Tiffany texted me and asked me if I wanna join them. She said they're gonna go out and refresh themselves, but I refused to come. So I am now all alone in the dorm. I put the bouquet on Yoona's bed then listen to random songs until I fell asleep.

 

 

It was mid-evening when I woke up. I checked on my watch and it read 9pm. My stomach is already growling in hunger so I stood up and went straight to the kitchen. Just as I was about to open the fridge, someone suddenly tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Yoona, holding the bouquet of flowers I bought.

 

"Oh Yoona .. you're here already. Have you eaten dinner? I'll cook for you if you--" I said while shifting my gaze from Yoona to flowers and vice versa.

"Uh thanks unnie. But I ate already. By the way, here, keep this." She handed me the bouquet and I reached it confused.

"Huh? But this is for Seo, right?" I looked at the flowers. This is the one I bought. Why give it to me instead?

"She texted me. She said she's not coming home this evening because her mom invited her to sleep in their house tonight. So yea .." She stated, frowning.

"But, you can still give this to her tomorrow." I encouraged, but this choding is so hard-headed. "

It's okay unnie. Plus, you have a vase on your side table right? Just put those on that vase so they won't die easily. Okay? Goodnight unnie. See you tomorrow." She said and hugged me, then went to her room.

 

 

I stayed frozen. Still holding the bouquet. So, this supposed-to-be maknae's flowers are now mine, aren't they? Well that's cool. Yoona just gave me flowers. The pathetic I was, she INDIRECTLY gave me flowers.

 

 

 

 

The other day, we went to watch the filming of Yoona's upcoming movie. It is our free time today so we came to support our Yoong. Taeyeon and Sunny said she was great. Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon, being such dorks, just laughed the whole time. And Fany and Seo said she was amazing. But for me, being her number one fangirl. I couldn't find words to fit her but, Perfect.

 

 

I'm in the midst of admiring her, when she suddenly walked towards me. She leaned into my ear and whispered,

 

"Unnie, can I ask you one more favor? You know I couldn't really get out of this filming, we're just starting and I think it will take 6 more hours to finish this. Uhm, I just wanna give hyunnie her favorite chocolates but I'm afraid I can't." She paused and looked at me as if letting me understand what she's trying to say. I nodded and asked,

 

You want me to buy those chocolates?" How I am hoping that she would say no. Not again. Don't torture my heart again, Yoona.

"Yes, unnie. If it's okay with you." She plastered an innocent smile.

 

Oh please, God knows how I can't resist that smile. I wanna say no. I wanna reject her this time. I wanna tell her that those favors she's been asking me really stab me to death. But me, being inlove with her, couldn't say no. So I ended up doing what she asked, torturing my heart over again.

 

 

 

After buying those chocolates, I immediately stored them inside Yoona's fridge. Yes, Yoona has a fridge in her room. She told me to put those there coz she wanted to give them to Seohyun personally. Sigh. Maknae's very lucky for having Yoona's attention. My heart aches again at that thought. If I could only be in her position.

 

 

 

Later that night, I was about to enter our dorm's studio to practice my lines for our comeback when Seohyun called me from my back.

 

"Sica unnie. Here. Take this." She said as she handed me boxes of chocolates. Wait. These are the chocolates I bought, right?

"Hey, Yoona gave this to you right? Why are you giving this to me now?" I asked in confusion.

"You know I'm preparing for our comeback, right unnie? And sweets are not good for my voice. I don't want to mess up. So I'm just giving this to you coz I know how great you are in singing even if you finish all these boxes." Seohyun explained.

 

 

I was still standing frozen when Sooyoung interrupted.

"Yah! Why don't give it to me instead? Jessica is one of the main vocalists. Chocolates are bad for her voice too." Sooyoung pouted at Seohyun. Aish, this shikshin.

"Do you hear yourself unnie? You already ate my ice cream after eating Taeyeon unnie's pizza. You're such a monster. So now, just go to your room and sleep. We need to wake up early for tomorrow's schedule." Seohyun said as she started pushing Sooyoung to their room.

"But I want those chocolates---" The tall girl insisted but she was pushed harder by the maknae.

"Shut up unnie." Aish, these two.

 

 

So, what now? I ended up eating the chocolates just because I don't want to waste Yoona's effort. Or should I say, my effort? I did this for Yoona. So I won't regret if my voice fails after finishing all these boxes. And again, as I guess destiny was playing with my feelings, Yoona INDIRECTLY gave me something again. She indirectly gave me chocolates.

 

 

 

 

 

Three days had passed, and today is the day we've been waiting for. Today is our comeback performance which will start in five minutes. We're all feeling excited and nervous at the same time as we are preparing ourselves backstage. All of them are focused on the song and dance, while me, I thought that this performance will be my last when Yoona, once again, interrupted my mind.

 

"Unnie .." Here she goes again. What about now, Yoona? Please .. not now. Do not ruin my focus. Do not ruin this performance.

"Yes, Yoong?" I nervously asked.

"Could you please keep this inside your pocket for a while?" She said before handing me a small rectangular box.

 

I paused and stared at it for I guess five seconds before reaching it from her.

"What is this?" I curiously asked. Is this some kind of, jewelry?

 

 

 

"It's a necklace. I'm planning to confess to her now." She answered with a wide smile.

 

 

 

 

That's it. The words that broke my heart into millions of pieces. She'll now confess to Seohyun. And Seohyun will surely love her back. They'll be together. And now .. is the end of me. What a nice way to wreck me.

 

"I'll get that from you after the performance, unnie. Cmon, it's about to start." And she held me all the way through the stage.

 

 

 

I was still stunned, I mean, shocked. I don't know how would I survive this performance without letting my tears fall. Because the moment she smiled and started dancing, my mind couldn't help but wonder how this beautiful creature could devastate my heart in just one blow.

 

 

 

 

The performance was done, all the members remained on stage bowing and thanking the audience for their very warm support. But I, knowing what would happen next, couldn't stand it anymore. I wanna cry my heart out. But as I was about to leave the stage, I heard Yoona spoke.

 

"Sone yeoreobeun, it's been great hearing those applauses and cheers from you guys since day one. I, we, really appreciate your love and support and it's always been a pleasure for us to make you happy with our every song. And as for the success of this comeback, I would like to .. grab this opportunity .. this very moment .. to .." She paused.

 

Everyone is waiting for her declaration. As if anticipating something new from her. And because of that, I didn't get to runaway from the stage and I just stood behind the other members, like them, waiting for Yoona to speak again. Listening to her confession for Seohyun won't hurt me anymore, right? Coz I'm already wrecked. What more can I get?

 

".. to confess to someone I really love." There she goes. She's gonna tell it to the whole world. Nice Yoona. You just broke the hearts of all your fangirls/fanboys, including me. "Well, this girl .. yes, she's a girl. A very gorgeous girl who melted my heart ever since I first met her. A real life princess who takes my sanity away with just one smile .. just one smile." She paused again and smiled like an idiot. Was that really Seohyun's effect on you, Yoona? "She's kind .. she's sweet. Well, she maybe cold sometimes. But that didn't stop me from loving her. I love every bit of her personality. The way she would throw her pillow on me whenever I'm waking her up in the middle of her sleep .. Such a sleepyhead .."

 

 

Wait, I didn't remember Seohyun being violent at all. And she even wakes up earlier than all of us. What's with Yoona?

 

"The way she would scream at me whenever I give her cucumbers. Oh God knows how much she hated cucumbers." She continued. Wait .. eh .. huh? This isn't Seohyun she's talking about. It's .. it's ..

 

 

"What now, Sica." I heard Yuri spoke to me, I turned to her only to find her grinning at me. Like she exactly knew what was going on.

 

 

"But I was such a coward. So much cowardness that I even asked her to buy flowers for herself .." She chuckled softly. "I just didn't know how to give flowers normally. So I did it in a subtle way. I asked her to buy me flowers, I told her it's for Seohyun. But it was really for her. So I had to make excuses just to be able to give the flowers to its true owner. To her." My jaw literally dropped. I can't believe it. Am I just hearing things? This isn't possible. Could it be? "And the chocolates. I was supposed to give her chocolates personally, but I was a coward, indeed. I've let her believe that the chocolates was for Seohyun. But that was really for her. And greatfully, Seohyun, being my connivance, helped me give the chocolates to its true owner. To her."

 

 

I turned my gaze to Seohyun, and there she was, smiling sweetly at me. Was this a joke? Could somebody pinch me? Please. No, punch me. This dream seems to be true. Yoona's getting insane. She's saying impossible things.

 

And oh, she's now walking towards me. I want to run. I want to hide from her. But not when she's smiling like that. She's now standing infront of me. Her eyes glued on mine, and with that simple gaze, I felt like the whole world was staring at me. Well it's half true, she's my whole world after all.

 

"Sicachu .." She uttered, still looking directly into my eyes. Oh God, that aegyo. "I'm sorry for being a coward and for expressing my feelings in a wrong way. I am just a poor deer, so please bare with me."

 

The crowd giggled at her statement. Even the members were laughing their off at how poor Yoona was when it comes to words. But I could care less. All I could see was her and her beautiful doe eyes.

 

"Let's take this to the next level." She reached for my pocket and took the rectangular box that she handed me backstage. She opened it and raised the shimmering object slightly. It was a blue snow flake shaped diamond necklace. So unique. "Sica .. I've waited seven years for this moment to come. Seven freaking years of cowardness. Seven freaking years of yearning. The long wait is over now, unnie .." She untangle the necklace and wear them around my neck. I saw her smile blissfully then uttered, "Perfect."

 

 

My heart raced beyond its usual beat. It's amazing how this girl infront of me could turn my emotion upside down without me even noticing it. As far as I can remember, I was just sulking earlier because of her supposed-to-be confession for Seohyun. Then it turned out to be her confession for me. She is such an ice breaker.

 

"I'm risking everything I have, just to have you. This might sound cliche, but I'll tell you anyway. I love you, Jessica Jung. Deep down my adrenaline, I really do." She chuckled at her own silliness. "I would only say this once, Im Yoona never repeated her words, so listen carefully .. Jung Sooyeon .. please .. pretty pretty please .. be mine."

 

 

 

And with that, my eyes didn't care to control the tears that are now streaming down my face. This was so much for a dream. I swear I would punch anyone who's gonna wake me up from this wonderful dream.

 

"I-Idiot. I've waited seven years too. You coward ." I sob between my words as I started slapping her shoulder softly.

 

"I'm sorry .. it's just that you're too precious that I needed to take everything slow--" I cut her words. She wiped my tears gently and held my other hand, intertwining it with hers.

 

"Nevermind. After all, it's still worth the wait. You are worth the wait."

 

 

 

 

Throw away the worries. Throw away the pain. It is now the time to love, and be loved in return.

 

"And to answer your question, or more likely a command .. You, Im Yoona. I've always been yours ever since you laid that doe eyes on me. And I will be yours until our lives reached eternity."

 

 

 

 

Without further statements, she suddenly pulled me closer to her and hug me by my waist. I heard the crowd cheered, chanting 'yoonsic' merrily. With that, I felt complete. And I really couldn't ask for more, because everything I've ever wanted is right here, hugging me.

 

 

 

 

"I love you, Yoona, with every piece of me."