Special Appearance

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aunty Inn’s Bistro

            The trio best friends are sitting at their marked spot inside the bistro, having some chit chat when suddenly....

            “Oh My God!” Puey exclaims. He covers his mouth with his hands in order to hide his shocking face.

 

            “Puey? Why?” Both Pie and Fern ask at the same time.

 

Instead of answering them, Puey pulls Pie’s left hand and lifts it up to the air just enough to their eyes level.

 

            “Oh My God!” Now, it is Fern’s turn to be shocked with what she saw.

 

            “What happen to both of you? Anything wrong with my hand?” Pie still confuse with her friends reaction. She looks to her hand, nothing out of ordinary. All complete. Five fingers.

 

            “Tell us princess, what’s with this ring?” Puey smirks.

 

            “Did Kim propose to you? Oh my! My best friend is going to get married!” Fern is now over excited. Perhaps she has a lot of plans and ideas in her brain.

 

            “No.” Pie pulls her hand from Puey.

 

            “You crazy Fern!” Pie smacks Fern’s head hardly.

 

            “Then, where did you get this diamond ring? It looks exquisite and expensive too?” Fern didn’t affected with Pie’s smack. She pulls Pie’s hand again and observes the ring on Pie’s finger.

 

            “Of course it’s from Kim. Her gift for me for our fifth anniversary.” Both Fern and Puey change their gaze and then turn to look to Pie.

 

            “What?” Pie frown. They look to Pie as if she is doing a big mistake.

 

            “Wow! You two have been together for five years? Quite a long time.” Puey seems didn’t belive with that.

 

            “So, you can accept the real Kim now?” Fern tries to guess. But it is more to dig another secrets from Pie.

 

            “Perhaps. She begged for the second chance and I think she deserve that.” Pie sighs.

 

            “Oh.” Fern nods knowingly.

 

            “Hey Fern, how is Yam now?” Puey suddenly changes their topic as he can feel the tense in the air.

 

            “Her health and condition is getting worst. She will have an operation tomorrow.” Fern confirms that to Puey.

 

            “What happened  to Yam?” Pie’s question catches the two of them off guard.

 

            “Fern, don’t tell me that you forgot to inform Pie about Yam.” Puey folds his arms and glares to Fern.

 

            “Huh? Pie, I have told you about Yam right?” Fern grasps to Pie’s arm. She swallows hardly as if she has a giant lump in . She’s afraid that Pie will get mad with her.

 

            “Tell what? I don’t know nothing.” Pie frowns. The more they argue about her question the more confuse she is.

 

            “Yam is sick. She has colon cancer.” Puey says in his sad voice.

 

            “Oh my...Pity Yam.” Pie can’t hide her shock expression. Suddenly their mood turn gloomy. Even though Pie just knew Yam for a few months, she always considers Yam as her close friend.

 

            “She will be all right. Let’s pray for the best.” Fern tries to enlighten the gloomy situation.

 

            “Yeah, we will visit her too when we have free time.” Puey adds.

 

            “Yeah Puey! I think you have so much free time huh?” Out of nowhere a petite fat lady appears behind Puey.

 

            “What are you doing here?” The lady pulls Puey’s ear which makes him cries in pain.

 

            “Ouch..Ouch.. Big Mama! My ear!” Puey tries to ‘save’ his ear by stopping that Big Mama hand from pulling his ear continuosly.

 

            “Big Mama? Here is your BIG MAMA! I don’t care! Who do you think will replace your task! You’re missing in action for almost one hour already.” The petite chubby lady seems really mad with Puey.

 

            “Pie, Fern! Help me!” Puey makes his squid movement.

 

            “Aunty Rosie, just take him away. Punish him as much as you can.” Instead of helping Puey, she encourages Aunty Rosie to ‘torture’ Puey. Pie can’t do anything. She just laughing hardly on seeing Puey’s expressions.

 

            “Ouhh.. Two cruel witches! Big Mama, no need to punish me. Just kill me. I don’t want to live with these witches.” Puey pouts his lips and surrenders to Aunty Rosie. He starts walking, follows Aunty Rosie movement from behind.

 

            “Bluekk!” Both Pie and Fern make the same action. Stick out their tongue to Puey.

 

            “Funny Puey.” Pie says as the stop laughing. Both of them are trying to catch their breath.

 

 

            “Yeah. So princess, you got nothing to do too tonight?” Fern asks to Pie who is free with no work since this evening.

 

            “I think so. I’m gonna lose my work like this.” Pie pouts. She props her elbows on the table and drops her chin in between them.

 

            “Who are they Fern?” Pie throws her sight to the stage not for from their sitting place. There, stood a couple who seems like two love birds are entertaining the audience and customers with their singing.

 

            “Oh, that’s Conan and Hongyok.” Fern looks to them too.

 

            “They are both handsome and pretty.” Pie lifts up her head and observes them more carefully.

 

            “Of course my descent would be all handsome and pretty.” Fern says proudly to Pie.

 

            “They are your relative?” Pie wears a suprise look in her face.

 

            “Nan is my cousin and Hongyok is her girlfriend.” Fern points her finger precisely to each of the girls on the stage to make Pie know which person is she talking about.

 

            “Her girlfriend? Don’t tell me that Nan is tom?” Pie widens her eyes in disbelief when she heard that from Fern.

 

            “I’m not sure but I think yes. Look to her appearance.” Fern fakes her smile to Pie. Perhaps Pie will hate Nan too?

 

            “Did you think Nan is a guy?” Fern really wants to know Pie’s reaction.

 

            “Yeah. I think I’ve always had problem to identify  people’s gender. Today’s community is so weird.”Pie sighs and stares to Nan and Hongyok again while Fern has no words to answer Pie.

 

            “Hey, they are heading here?” Pie sees that both Nan and Hongyok are making their way to her direction. She diverts her gaze to Fern who remains silent since then.

 

            “Nan! Over here!” Fern waves her hands to them. Now Pie know why those two kids come to her direction.

 

            “Hi P’Fern! How are you?” Nan greets Fern first as she reached Fern’s side. Pie can see that Nan is so cool.

 

            “Fine! Fine! Thank you!” Fern grins widely. You can see her face is full with excitement. What happen to Fern?

 

            “And...” Nan turns her gaze to Pie who sits beside Fern.

 

            “Oh, this is my bestfriend, Pie.” Fern introduces Pie to her cousin.

 

            “Hi P’Pie. Nice to meet you.” Nan flashes her charming smile to Pie.

 

            “Nice to meet you too.” Pie responds shyly.

 

            “P’Nan..” Hongyok nudges Nan’s arm softly.

 

            “Oh, P’ this is my girlfriend, Hongyok.” Nan forgot to introduce Hongyok to both Pie and Fern.

 

            “Hello P’” Hongyok greets them politely.

 

            “Hi..Come, sit and join us.” Fern offers them to sit. Both Nan and Hongyok just follow Fern’s order.

 

            “Your taste is so good huh?” Fern teases Nan and messes her hair.

 

            “Don’t call me Conan if I can’t tackle the most beautiful creature like her.” Nan says proudly as she fix her hair and shirt. Both of Fern and Nan are truly same. So proud of themselve.

 

            “So conceited.” Hongyok pushes Nan body lightly. Her face is so red like tomato, most probably she blushed when Nan mention her as the most beautiful creature just now.

 

            “I’m telling the truth sweetheart.” Nan winks to Hongyok. Nan is type of cool person while Hongyok seems like a very soft and sweet girl.

 

            “How long you two have been together?” Pie asks out of her curiosity.

 

            “About one and half year.” Nan answers Pie before Hongyok could answer it.

 

            “So, you two just met each other?” Pie utters her other question. Fern thinks that Pie can be a good interviewer.

 

            “You can say so. But it doesn’t matter. I love P’Nan. She always take a good care of me and treat me as if I am the only girl in this world.” Hongyok smiles shyly and clings her arm around Nan’s. Nan pinches Hongyok cheeks softly in return.

 

Hearing that makes Pie thinks of Kim. Pie also love it when Kim treat her like she is her little girl. Witnessing their sweet actions make her remember how sweet and romantic relationship she has with Kim back then.

 

            “My prayer follows you two. I hope you can love each other eternally.” Pie don’t know how she is capable of saying such thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter