Payback Time

Our Underrated Love

*Present Time*

I sighed as I took a sip of my now cold coffee; I have been sitting in a stranded café out of Seoul, clearing my mind from the haziness erupting it for 3 hours now. I reminisced the things that have been happening for the past 4 months. It certainly weren’t pleasant things, heck, it was even far from okay. Living with pain and jealousy for 4 month straight wasn’t exactly how I wanted to spend my days with.

So here’s the story, ever since Baekhyun told me that he’s been set up in an arrangement -which I think is ing stupid- with Taeyeon unnie, he has been really distant and I swear I feel like he’s avoiding me. He doesn’t return my calls, which is very unlikely for him despite his busy schedule. He would at least sneak in to the restroom for a piss just so he could call me back, but now he won’t even call me until I spam his phone with hundreds of messages telling him to answer my calls; I was being clingy I know. But what do you expect? For me to let him have lovey dovey ty moments with one of my members while I sit here like an understanding old hag waiting for a damn call? Tsk, no thanks, I’ll pass.

I mean, I know for a fact that he’s Taeng’s fanboy, and so the possibilities for him to develop feelings for her for the past 4 months are close to 100% so I think I have all the rights and reasons for me to at least be a bit protective and cautious for the sake of our relationship. I don’t want him to talk to Taeng, let alone like her.

I ruffled my hair in frustration. “What the was Manager Oppa thinking?! Setting up these two? Tch, what ever happened to ‘SuperGeneration’? Taeyeon would look better with Leeteuk oppa, they’re both leaders, and Teukkie oppa is older than Taeng which is good, so why not him? Out of all people, why must it be Baekhyun?! Are you trying to make us look like es?” I quoted mockingly, oblivious to the fact that someone has been listening my frustrated rants this whole time, well, until now.

I felt someone pull the cap off my head. I shrieked as the same person took off my sunglasses harshly and threw it to god knows where. , I know my disguising skills are lame, but come on man, let me at least have a break.

I swap my bangs to the side, and inwardly gasped as I saw the person in front of me. And no, it wasn’t Mickey, nor Minny or the rest of the Disney crew.

“L-Luhan?” I said in disbelief, how did he find this place? This café is basically my sanctuary, the place where I can relax without annoying paparazzi’s that will come up with stupid lame excuses to ruin my image and get me smacked out of SM in a blink of an eye, or crazy fans that were out for my blood, and I really mean it when I say that because some sasaeng fans have actually attempted to disguise themselves as a nurse once, I was being hospitalized due to illness and upon hearing this news, they must’ve made a run for it. Next thing I knew as soon I woke my lazy up was the pain stinging on my left arm with several people in the room I was in, they clearly weren’t here for autographs, which was already a bad thing to ask for at the situation I was in, but no, it was something much much worse. As soon as I found out what it was though, I quickly screamed a wail of help. I shuddered as I remembered that scene, the fact that someone was planning to the blood out of me to do some voodoo is just as horrifying as hearing Baekhyun dating Taeyeon.

I straightened my back as he sat down across the table, a tight smile plastered on Luhan’s lips, a forced one may I add. I shifted in my seat, clearly uncomfortable with the awkward tension surrounding us. I quickly regained my calm posture, acting as if I hadn’t just spill out my jealousy for the ‘BaekYeon’ couple out loud for my boyfriend’s member to here. “Fancy seeing you here,” I said, taking a sip of my coffee nervously.

He broke into a knowing grin, mischief flashing in his eyes, with a little hint of pain..?

“Likewise,” he softly said, and by the look he was giving me, I knew that he heard it. I sighed for the umpteenth time today. “So this is what they meant by a small world, aye?” he chuckled, clearly amused that someone from the company knew this small deserted café too.

I let out a nervous chuckle. “Tell me about it,” I slumped my stiff shoulders down, a little relieved that he didn’t bring the ‘subject’ up, yet. “How did you find out about this place?” I arched an eyebrow, suddenly curios about the whole matter.

He closed his eyes, clearly enjoying the peacefulness and cool weather that I would be enjoying right now if it weren’t for the fact that I had many things to worry about at the moment. Me and my big mouth.

“I always come here whenever I feel stressed out. But I usually come here back in my trainee days though, when the staffs won’t stop throwing rude remarks and pushing me to my limits, of course,” he opened his eyes as he flashed me a smile. “But as for today, I came here because I followed you.”

As soon as I heard that, I choked on the cold bitter coffee I was drinking. Eyes wide, I looked at him with a shocked expression. “You followed me? W-Why?” Any girl would be flattered if the oh so famous Xi Luhan decided to stalk them and come clean with it. I was his sunbae but I can’t even deny the fact that he was definitely a sight for sore eyes. Sorry Baekhyun, but Luhan was ravishing!

He took a deep breath. “Well why wouldn’t I after I saw you talking to yourself for the last couple of days in the SM Building like a mad woman? You would often curse as well, which is so unlike you. You even did it again just minutes ago. And in all honesty, you’re starting to creep me out, noona. Hence, I decided to follow you and ended up here, which took me by surprise because I didn’t know someone like you would go to somewhere like…” he paused as he scanned the café we were in, it wasn’t shabby but it definitely wasn’t fancy. “…here.” He said with slight disgust and confusion.

Uh, rude much?

I cocked an eyebrow. My inner sassiness kicking in. “First of all, I do not talk to myself like a mad woman as how you politely put it, it’s normal for celebrities to feel frustrated to the point where they talk to themselves, it’s nothing weird, and you shouldn’t be creeped out, Xi Luhan. And second of all, the place where I go to doesn’t always have to be Hollywood-like. I may be Kwon Yuri, SNSD’s ‘y’ Dancer on the outside but I’m just a plain old Korean citizen on the inside, just like you, pretty boy, so don’t act so disgusted by the choices I make, starting from the places where I drink. So just mind your own business and let me finish my goddamn coffee!” I spat, fuming. I stood up, I was already at my highest level of anger, and I was letting it all out on Luhan. It felt good.

The pent up frustration and anger I felt a second ago vanished as soon as I realized what I just said. I widened my eyes as I scanned the café, not many people were here except for the two ahjummas who were looking at us with narrowed eyes. I muttered an apology to them as I looked back at Luhan.

“O-Oh my god, Luhan… I’m so sorry for the outburst earlier! I-I didn’t know where that came from, please forgive me, I-“ I quickly apologized before I got cut off with a warm hug. I stiffened for a minute by his actions but hesitantly hugged him back. I could see the ahjummas earlier in the corner of my eye, whispering while nodding at some things with a smile on their wrinkled faces.

As I hugged him, my mind automatically went back to Baekhyun. The last time we hugged, was approximately 1 month and 2 weeks ago, it was as if we were in a long distance relationship even though we see each other in the SM Building at least thrice a week but due to our secretive status, I wasn’t able to have direct skinship with him so freely unlike Taeyeon who clings onto him at random times without having to face weird stares and murmurs unlike me.

I hugged Luhan tight enough for him to ask me if I was alright and I shut him up with another tight squeeze as he chuckled. I inhaled his fancy scent, snuggling my head up to his chest harder. We stayed like this for a while until his voice broke me from my thoughts. “You don’t have to be sorry, noona, I understand. But, do you perhaps, want to talk about it?” he lifted his head to look down on me, I frantically shook my head, followed by his chuckle. I heard him mutter ‘arrasseo’ and didn’t question any further.

Our hug was passionate, the peaceful silence enveloping us. And that was until the sound of a ‘click’ awoke us from our semi-slumber.

Paparazzi’s. Lots and lots of paps.

I knew it was them, and by looking at Luhan’s facial expression, he knew it too.

‘It’s about time. It might not be the perfect moment for them to barge in but oh well, I should at least savor this moment for something fun.’ Luhan thought deviously.

‘If this goes out to the media, what will Baekhyun think? Will he dump me and go for Taeyeon instead? But how did they find out about this place? Oh that’s not important! Oh wait, what will Manager Oppa think? My members? Luhan’s fans? Oh I am soooo going to get death threats for this!’ I thought frustratedly.

Instead of letting me go from the hug, Luhan leaned in which caused me to gulp and widen my eyes, and when I thought he was going to kiss me, he stopped just centimeters away from my lips as he whispered. “Noona, let’s give them a show, shall we?” he waggled his eyebrows. His eyes on my lips.

Before I could comprehend his ‘offer’, he turned to the paparazzi’s with a smile. I looked back at the paparazzi’s uncomfortably, still oblivious to what Luhan was getting at. What did he mean by giving them a show?

I was too distracted that I didn’t even realize a paparazzi had started asking questions. “Luhan-ssi, what is your real relationship with Yuri-ssi?” a petite woman ask from the overflowing crowd of curios .

“Just tell them I’m your sunbae and we happen to meet here-“ I whispered to Luhan but soon got cut off by his dumb answer.

“Me and Yuri noona are close friends. Next question,” Luhan nonchalantly said with a smile. I gasped, with my mouth hanging open. I was shocked by the fact that he called me noona so freely, and my shock increased as he told them that me and him were friends, close friends. It’s not that we weren’t, I just don’t want rumors of me and Luhan being together knowing the fact that half of the teenage population in Korea are practically duplicates of Perez Hilton, the most hated and loved paparazzi of all time  (I know him, met the guy once, no biggie). Just when I thought Luhan had lost his marbles enough, he proceeded to encourage the annoying crowd in front of us to pest us more with ridiculous questions.

I think I hugged him too hard.

******

Meanwhile in the EXO Dorm

Baekhyun’s POV

I plopped down on my bed, releasing a heavy sigh at how tired I was. EXO just came back from another tiring day at practice, not that we were complaining (well we did, silently).

I closed my eyes, attempting to catch up with a few nights I missed without sleeping but failed to do so as an annoying voice interrupted my way to dream land.

“HAS ANYONE SEEN LUHAN HYUNG?!” a loud voice echoed throughout the hallways.

Chanyeol, that bastard.

I groaned as I turned to my side, clutching the pillow tightly near my ear in an attempt to block out the noise, but Chanyeol’s deep voice was just too loud for a pillow to mute.

“Don’t test my patience, Yeol…” I muttered through gritted teeth. He kept on calling out Luhan’s name and at the very last string of patience and energy I had left, I abruptly got up from the bed and opened the door. I went down the stairs, passing my members’ room, and soon halted in front of the living room.

At this point, I already had flames coming out of my ears. He had his back against me, slowly turning around as he kept on yelling Luhan’s name pointlessly like the inner idiot he really is. As soon as he saw my burning presence at the doorway of the living room, he stopped turning around and broke into a grin that only lasted for 3 seconds before a sheepish guilty smile replaced it. “Hehe, he, he, he he, hehehe, he…he…” he trailed off in that deep voice of his.

Park Chanyeol was my roommate and he knew better than to disturb me from my slumber, especially a slumber I was eagerly pleased to catch up with after having to face 50 push-ups for not doing a dance move right. And that dance move too, may I add, was messed up by none other the guy with yoda-like ears. But somehow, I was the one who ended up receiving the punishment when it should’ve been the other way around. And so now, this was time for payback.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, obviously at loss for words. Well he should be, I don’t know what I’ll do if another word came out of his mouth, no scratch that, a syllable is already unacceptable.

After a long silence, the idiot decided to test my patience further by greeting me.

“H-Hey hyung,” Chanyeol stuttered out.

No answer.

“Do y-you know where Luhan hyung might b-be?”

No answer. I was giving him my most intense glare I have ever given anyone and I swear I saw him flinch.

“Okay-see-ya-later-gotta-run,” he said in such rush, I couldn’t even understand him. Just as he was about to make a run for it, I grab him by the collar stopping him from his freedom.

“Yah! Hyung! You’re choking m-me! HELP! HEEEELP!” he yelled near my ear.

I groaned at his noisiness. “You’re making this harder for yourself, Chanyeol. Now shut up so I can kill you easily,” I shushed him up with annoyance in my tone. But that didn’t stop him from screaming and yelling and kicking me away. He was taller than me, but his strength compared to mine was nothing.

I kicked the back of his knee hard, causing him to fall down on the floor with a loud yelp. I rolled my eyes as I sat on top of his back, strangling him.

We were in this position for at least five minutes now, it was fun for me but certainly not for him. There were times where he would be free from my grip but I had good reflexes so I was fast enough to stop him from making it halfway through the living room. But the ‘fun and games’ stopped when a pissed off looking Sehun stood in the doorway of the living room.

“What’s with all the noise?” the maknae grunted as he rubbed his eyes lazily.

I grinned evilly, covering Chanyeol’s mouth with my hand as I looked up at an unpleased looking Sehun. “Nothing that concerns you, buddy. Me and good ol’ Yeollie were just having fun, that’s- aw!” I yelped. The reason why I yelped was because Chanyeol here, had deliberately bit my hand hard enough for me to wince like a twelve year old  obnoxious girl.

“SEHUNNIE! THANK GOD YOU’RE HERE! HELP ME OUT DUDE! I’LL BUY YOU BUBBLE TEA IF YOU WILL, THE CHOCOLATE ONE RIGH-“ Chanyeol was soon cut off by a kick in the shins by me. Earning a muffled groan as I covered his mouth with a couch pillow I managed to find.

Sehun arched an eyebrow as he shook his head and walked towards the couch, he (and the rest of the EXO members) were already used to this kind of behavior. The BaekYeol behavior. Thus, they don’t bother to separate us despite Chanyeol’s useless pleas because technically, Yeollie was always the one at fault and so I have every right to punish him without mercy. I chuckled evilly at my victory.

The maknae sat down on the couch, ignoring the ruckus behind him as he placed his feet on the coffee table in front of him and the TV.

I didn’t pay much attention to the TV or Sehun because I was having too much fun torturing Chanyeol for messing up my sleep but what caught my attention was the name of the two person I hear (and see) on a regular basis.

I looked up from a helpless looking Chanyeol to the TV. Sehun, just like me, immediately sat up straight as he too, was focused on the television in front.

There, on the TV, was my girlfriend, Kwon Yuri, and my member/hyung, Xi Luhan, holding hands while smiling at each other.

“Seen earlier today at a deserted café near Seoul were the two famous singers slash celebrities, So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Kwon Yuri and EXO’s Xi Luhan who seems to be having a time of their own….” The reporter trailed off, I didn’t pay attention to what she was saying though as my mind was somewhere else.

Kwon Yuri and Xi Luhan

Why do I hate the sound of their names together in one sentence?

Is this her way of getting back at me?

That brat, she’s so going to get it this time.

Chanyeol averted his gaze from my face as he turned to the TV, clearly confused as to why I had stopped hitting him. My grip on the couch pillow loosened which unfortunately enabled him to speak.

“Oooh, so that’s where Luhan hyung went…” Chanyeol muttered.

I clenched my fists, realizing that his useless frantic annoying yelling moments ago was what made me lose my peaceful sleep and without thinking, I punched Chanyeol hard (like really really hard) enough for him get knocked out cold.

And throughout the whole day I came to one inevitable conclusion:

I need anger management classes

Dun

Dun

Dun

DUUUUNN

 

HEEEY GAISEEE. ;u; <3

i honestly have no idea what i just wrote~ kinda short. sorreh. Dx

o.o omg im so sorry for making Chanyeol the victim here, i laawve my yeollie!

ps. this is how i picture yuri and lulu to look like btw:

pps. they're so freaking hot

anyway, as usual, tell me what you think about this chapter! any thoughts, suggestions for this story are more than welcome! c:

oh btw follow me on twitter so that we could spazz about yuri, exo, and whatnot; @skepticaluhan

BAIBAI ;;3;;