Back To Square One

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DaeSung'S POV

After EunHi left, I got promoted and was re-deployed to the CEO's office.  I located EunHi within a few days she returned to Paris.  I thought Sajang Nim would at least try to persuade her to come back.  But he didn't.  He only called her once and never contacted her again nor she called anyone of us in the past two months.

"Kang Siljang Nim?"

I looked up to find Minzy waving two cups of coffee at me.  I blinked a few times and asked, "You came to look for Dara?  She is out for meeting with Sajang Nim."

Minzy handed me a cup and said, "I know.  I came to see you."

"ME?" I looked at her with my eyes wide-opened, "What can I do for you?"

She stuffed the cup in my hand and said, "I'm at the neighbourhood, so I came up to see you."

"To see me?"

She nodded with a smile.

I didn't know how to react somehow.  She took a sip of her coffee and walked around my desk, "When are you getting off today?  Let's have dinner."  She picked up my desk calendar and flipped throught it as she asked.

"Dinner?"

She looked up at me and said, "Yes, dinner.  Am I not speaking Korean?  Why do you have to re-confirm everything I said?"

I blushed instantly and asked, "Why do you want to have dinner with me?"

She let out a sigh and asked, "You don't want to have dinner with me?"  She put the calendar down and looked me in the eyes.

I shook my head and said, "No."

"Good.  It's almost 6p.m.  When can you leave?  Should I go walk around and wait for you?"  She looked at her watch as she asked.

"Sajang Nim will not come back today.  I can leave at 6p.m."

Minzy patted me on the arm and said, "Good.  Clean up your desk.  Quickly.  Let's go shopping first!"

"Shopping?"

She nodded, "Mmm...  Hill's birthday is around the corner.  Don't tell me you forgot about it!"

Yes, EunHi's birthday was in a couple weeks.  I almost forgot about it.

"I want to get her something.  You know her address, right?  Can you send the present to her for me?"

I nodded, "Of course."

She let out a heavy sigh, "I'm still waiting for her to contact me first."

"Why?"

"She'll contact us if she's ready.  I don't want to give her any pressure.  But I just can't ignore her birthday."

I let out a sigh unconsciously.  When would EunHi be ready?

*  *  *

Dara's POV

"Hill's birthday is in a couple weeks.  Have you got her anything yet?" I asked on the way to dinner in WooBin's car.

WooBin shook his head, "Nope."

I let out a soft laugh at him.  No matter how he tried to act cool or pretended to be still angry at Hilary, his eyes always betrayed him.  I could see that he still cared about his sister very much but he was also very upset about her silly decision.  DaeSung told me WooBin hired a couple people to keep an eye on Hilary in Paris, to make sure she was fine alone there.

"Nothing?  Not even a birthday card?" I teased.

He looked at me and smiled, "What did you get her?"

I shrugged, "Not yet.  I can't think of anything she needs.  I mean, you guys are rich.  What is there you need that you won't buy for yourself?  But I already got her a beautiful birthday card and already wrote her a love letter."  I smiled.

"Love letter?" He chuckled.

"You should too.  I know you miss her like crazy.  I don't know how you can keep yourself from calling her."

He looked out at the window and said, "She never once called me either.  If she misses me too, she should call me instead."

I let out a soft laugh and said, "Have you talked to SeungHyun lately?"

He shook his head, "No.  I don't know how to face him after the engagement.  After what my sister did to him."

"I'm not saying Hill was right.  But SeungHyun knew how Hill felt about their marriage.  Yet, he still insisted of holding the engagement party.  We can't really blame everything on Hill, can we?"

He let out a heavy sigh and said, "Like I said, it's all my fault.  If it's not for me, EunHi wouldn't have run away like this."

"Can you tell me what it is?"

He looked me in the eyes and hesitated, "I'll tell you some day."  He squeezed my hand and smiled.

*  *  *

WooBin took me to a small italian restaurant in ApGuJeong for dinner.  Since Hilary left, WooBin and I got closer than ever.    We not only worked together, we had dinner together almost everyday.  We talked about everything but he never told me about Hilary's reason for leaving.

"Kim for 2." WooBin told the restaurant manager.

"Yes, Mr. Kim.  This way please!" The manager nodded with a polite smile and gestured us to follow him.  We followed the manager and walked inside the restaurant.  I slightly elbowed WooBin in his ribs.  He glanced at me with his eyebrow raised, "Hmm?"

I tilted my chin to gesture WooBin to look ahead.  He looked up and turned to look at me again.  We exchanged a look and walked up to that table instead.

"Kang Siljang!" WooBin said with a smirk.

"Minzy Park!" I said.

DaeSung and Minzy looked up at us together.  DaeSung jumped on his feet and blushed all over, "Sajang Nim!"  DaeSung looked all tensed up and embarrassed while Minzy smiled at me and said, "Onni, sit down.  Let's dine together."

I looked at WooBin and he nodded.  WooBin pulled the chair for me and I smiled to him before I sat down.  He sat beside me and looked up at DaeSung, "Why are you still standing?"

"Arh..." DaeSung opened his mouth but nothing came out.  Minzy reached out to him and pulled him down to his chair, "Sit down."

"This is the first time we four have dinner together, right?" I asked as the waitress poured us the wine.

WooBin nodded his head with a smirk and glanced at DaeSung, "Yes.  This is probably the first time I see DaeSung dines with a girl, Minzy."

Minzy glanced at DaeSung and said, "Really?  Are you gay?"  WooBin and I burst out laughing together while DaeSung blushed and lowered his head.  I patted Minzy on the hand and said, "How can you say something like this?"

Minzy shrugged with a mischievous smile, "I'm just teasing him.  He's too shy.  I'm training him to be more self-confident, you know?"

DaeSung glanced at her out of the corner of his eye and gulped.  He somehow looked cute.  Just right for Minzy.  I raised my eyebrow at WooBin and he slightly nodded his head.

"Onni, we got Hill her birthday present." Minzy said.

"Really?  What did you get her?" I asked.

Minzy glanced at DaeSung and smiled, "We got her a necklace."

"Necklace?  What kind?" WooBin asked.

"A necklace with a daizy pendent.  You know Hill love daisies."

DaeSung glanced at Minzy and said softly, "Actually, I'm not sure if it's a good idea though."

"Why?  EunHi loves daisies." WooBin asked.

DaeSung nodded his head, "Yes, I know.  Especially gerbera daisies.  But..."

"But?" I asked.

DaeSung looked at each of us and said, "Choi Jonmu sent her a bunch of gerbera daisies on her first day of work at The Grand.  She cherished them so much that she even dried them herself and kept them at her office.  I'm not sure if it's a good idea to give her a necklace with a daisy pendent as her birthday present."

WooBin and I exchanged a look immediately.  Minzy clapped her hands and said with a big smile, "I think it's a perfect gift.  I've already written her the gift card.  Hill will be surprised and she'll love it.  Just wait and see!"

I looked at Minzy and asked, "Minzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter