1/1

Confession

"Will you go out with me?"

Silence. Painful, desperate, breathtaking silence. Jiho was scared, his knees shook and the the sweat in his palms didn't show signs of stopping any time soon. He had just told his best friend that he loved him and kyung wasn't even moving. His mind raced and he screamed for kyung to do something, anything; push him, hit him, let Jiho know that he'd been heard. But he didn't, he just stood there, a straight look plastered across his face with no chance of change any wear near.

When Kyung did finally make a move it was the last thing Jiho wanted. He looked Jiho up and down with a scoff and walked past him. "Sorry Jiho, but I don't children." He said, bitterness dripping from his words. Jiho froze, his heart stopping in his chest for a moment.

The next day was dreadful, he avoided kyung as best as he could. He woke up earlier then usual and dressed himself quickly, everyone was still asleep wen he left for the studio so he wrote a note to the others saying that he would be out late so they shouldn't wait up. He didn't end up working on anything, just sitting around at his desk throwing paper balls of work that could have been great any other day at the trash can. Jiho stayed up well into the night at the studio and he just couldn't bring himself to go back to the dorm just yet, so he texted Jihoon that he'd been inspired an he'd be back in the morning.

The rest of the week went by just like that, leaving early in the morning and coming home late into the night. He hadn't spoken a word to kyung since that day and Kyung really was starting to worry. He knew what he said to Jiho was harsh but he wasn't ready for a relationship, so he had wanted to stop it at the start. He didn't think he'd hurt Jiho, at least not enough for him to want to avoid Kyung. As the days past Kyung realized that the situation was only getting worse and worse, that it would continue down hill until he went to stop it. The questions from the other members were eating away at him; they asked if Jiho hadn’t wanted to be a part of block b anymore, if the two of them had had a fight.

 Jihoon was taking it the hardest of all. He stayed up late waiting by the door for Jiho to come home, only to be disappointed again when he got yet another text from Jiho saying he’ll be out late again and to tell the others. It took the soft, convincing voice of Yukwon, and the smaller, grabby hands of Taeil to get him to move back into the bedroom. Jaehyo had tried approaching Kyung once about it to see what was going on, and he didn’t get anything out the first time aside from a curt ‘I pissed him off just leave him be’ but the second time Kyung fell apart with worry.

“I hurt him,” he said, “I hurt him really bad and he’s torn apart.” And Jaehyo didn’t really understand at first but at the same time he understood completely because a sobbing, desperate Kyung could only mean one thing. Kyung talked about how he spat his words at Jiho and how he hadn’t meant for them to be so harsh but he didn’t know what else to do because Jiho was still a kid and I need to take care of him if he gets a crush on me then what am I supposed to do if I break his heart later on. Jaehyo was much smarter then he let the others know so when Kyung was talking he listened, thinking up ways to help Kyung with Zico; but in the end he could only come up with one answer.

“You love him don’t you?”

Kyung froze, his heart pounding in his chest; he knew Jaehyo was right he had to be right because there was no other answer for it. He hadn’t realized it at the time but it was true and that made him feel like complete . Kyung thanked Jaehyo and ran out of the dorm, straight to the studio where he knew Jiho had to be. It took him a few minuets to get up to the floor where their recording room was at thanks to a slow elevator. He rushed down the hall straight to the room and opened the door.

He found Jiho there, laying on the tiny couch forced into the corner of the room even though the producers knew there was no room for it in there. Food wrappers laid scattered across the floor, joined by Jihos dirty cloths and forgotten lyrics. The blond was deep into his sleep when Kyung walked in and he didn’t have the heart to wake him because it looked like it’d been the only decent sleep that the other had gotten the past few days. Kyung started to clean the room up, reading the lyrics from Jihos papers on his way and it scared him because they were unlike anything he’s ever seen Jiho write before. The lyrics were scattered, spaced out and angry, so, so angry. But then again when did Jiho ever really seem angry, frustrated was probably the better word to use.

“What are you doing in here?”

Kyung spun around, locking eyes with Jiho almost right away and he felt a small challenge behind the look but that couldn’t be true because he saw the tears start to form in Jihos eyes, the pent up tears that he’d probably been holding in for a long time but it’s not like Kyung would ever know that. Kyung walked over and sat in front of Jiho, taking his hands in his and rubbed soothing circles into them. He apologized first of because that’s what Jiho needed, it what he deserved, and Jiho forgave him because Kyung’s still his best friend even if he didn’t love him back. They talked for what seemed like forever and in the end Kyung said the one thing Jihos been waiting almost forever to hear.

“I love you, Jiho, so much.”