Final.

Catalyst.

Title: 

Catalyst.

Author: 

keyoppa_aina

Type : 

oneshot

Words: 

1,439

Featuring:

Kai and occ

Started on :

May 8, 2014

Ends on :

May 11, 2014

Review/s : 

Nostalgia Review Shop

 

 

Baek Eun Rim.

She’s just an average girl with a height of 159 cm. Petite would be a perfect word to describe her. She didn’t consider herself as pretty as those skinny, Barbie-like girls in her school nor does she wear any make ups to look pretty. A simple touch of bb cream and lip balm would do for her. Most of the time, she would wear her long, straight hair up in ponytail. She’s very optimistic and shy too. Not only that, she’s good at studying; books were her best company and library was like her second home. Other than that, she had one more addiction to add up on the list;

Kim Jongin.

He’s the school pride. He’s a talented dancer with a big dream. Dancing was his passion, his life.

There was this big audition coming up in a few weeks and Jongin had been preparing himself for that for two years. He’s been practicing really hard even if it meant sacrificing his time with his friends. A boy his age would hang out with friends after school but he would stay behind and practice at the school dancing studio.

As the audition day getting nearer, things just wouldn’t work well for Jongin. His moves had become sloppy and he couldn’t get the choreography right. His mind was a mess; he just couldn’t find his way back. He was slowly losing hope.

He wanted to give up.

---

In the mid of spring, Eun Rim was on her way back from the library when she discovered Jongin in the practice room, dancing passionately. She was peeking inside the room for a great fifteen minutes and since then Jongin had been her personal drug.

She was fascinated by his passion for dancing. The look on his face when he danced was nothing but priceless. When he danced, the world was his. Without knowing, Jongin’s passion gave strength to Eun Rim. Every day after school, she would stop by the practice room to get a glimpse of him.

And she too, quietly became his motivation.

---

Heavy pant and smell of sweat filled up the room. The mirrors were steamed up from the sudden rising of temperature. Jongin was lying flat on the floor, panting, after dancing nonstop for three hours.

It was already dark outside. He lost track of time whenever he danced. He checked his phone and there was ten missed calls from his mother.

She must be worried, he thought.

He changed into more comfortable, clean outfits and packed his things. He smiled as soon as he reached the door. He bent down and picked up a carton of milk that was left in front of it. On it, stuck a note with a message.

 

“A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” 

             And yours will become reality. It’s just a matter of time. I know it.

                                                                                                                                                 B.E.R

 

Jongin couldn’t help but grinning at the message. It’s been weeks since he’s been getting encouraging messages from this mysterious person with initials ‘B.E.R’.  

He opened his bag, took out a hardcover book and kept the note inside together with 20 others. Even though he didn’t know the person behind those messages, he felt energize by the words.

Knowing someone acknowledged his talent made him wanting to work harder – that someone was actually appreciating him for who he was.

 

Two days before audition

Jongin exasperatedly kicked a bottle in the middle of the dance floor. With a hopeless sigh he fell flat on his – face buried in his hands.

With a few days away from the audition day, he couldn’t afford to make any mistakes but today, he did - a lot. He couldn’t focus. He was troubled by the future. There were too many ‘if’ in his mind.

What if I fail the audition?

What if I screw up?

What if I’m not good enough?

What if other contestants are much better?

He was scared.

Quietly, he started to sob into his hands.

Knock.

At that moment, came a knock from the door.

Sloppily, he got up on his feet and headed for the door. There was no one. Instead, again, a carton of milk was left at the door. Jongin took off the note and read the message written on it.

 

                                                I believe in you. You should too.

                                                                                                                 B.E.R

 

He let out a heavy sigh.

“I wish I am too,” he murmured.

“You will. I will make you.”

From the dim hallway, appeared a small, skinny figure. Jongin couldn’t quite see her face in faint light until she stopped in front of him. As the light from the room shone on her, he could finally scan her in detail.

“Eun Rim? Is this you?” Jongin managed to ask, showing her the note.

She shyly nodded. “Yes, that’s me.”

“I didn’t know it’s you all this while. I kind of pleased to know it’s you,” he smiled.

Eun Rim was taken aback by Jongin’s sudden flirty comment. She was for sure that her face was bright red from blushing.

She cleared to avoid the awkwardness.

She grabbed his hand, “Come with me. I want to show you something.”

“Why?”

“To make you believe.”

---

“See them over there?” she pointed to a group of three males doing a street performance.

One was singing and the other two were playing instruments.

Jongin nodded, curious on what she wanted to show him with those guys.

“The singer, he is homeless. He failed his college exam and got kick out. He couldn’t find a decent job and can only afford a small room to live. During the day, he would work hard to find any job that is doable and at night he does music, because that’s what he loves.”

Then, she dragged him to another place a few meters away from there.

“See that woman?” she nodded to a woman who looked like in late 40s.

“She may be old but her passion for dancing never dies. I always see her attending that dance class. She always wanted to be a dancer but because she has a family to take care of so she couldn’t. Now that all her children are all grown up, she can finally have her own time and chase her once delayed dream.”

“How can you know so much about them?” Jongin asked.

“I come here often. Sometimes I heard people talking about them. That’s how I know,” she smiled.

“Why are you telling me all of these?”

“I just want their stories to be helpful to you as much as they are to me. They taught me something. Whenever life gets harder, there’s always a way. You are very talented, Jongin. Don’t let anything get to you.”

Jongin just smiled while staring deep into Eun Rim’s eyes.

“W-why are you looking at me like that?” Eun Rim’s cheeks turned to crimson red. She was avoiding from making eye contact with him.

He chuckled at her reaction. “Thank you.”

“For what?” she frowned.

“For making me believe again. I’ll do just fine for the audition, right?” Jongin searched for her eyes.

Eun Rim shyly smiled as they made an eye contact and nodded.

“You will be better than fine. You have your number one fan right here.”

Jongin laughed and somewhat a little bit disappointed too.

“Just a fan?” he raised a brow.

“O-Of course. Just a fan,” she stuttered on her words.

“Too bad. It would be nice if you are more than just a fan,” he shrugged.

“Kim Jongin, what do you mean?”

Jongin fixed his gaze on her, a smirk plastered on his face.

“What do you think it means?” He took a step forward, not taking off his gaze.

Eun Rim took a step back. “I don’t know.”

Jongin s a hand around her waist and pulled her closer, trapping her from moving further. Eun Rim shrieked, blushed at his sudden close contact.

“I want you by my side. You’re my inspiration, Baek Eun Rim.”

Eun Rim bit her lower lip. “Really?”

“Really.”

She slung her arms around his neck, her lips curved up into a smile.

“Is this a yes?” he wore his playful smile.

“No. This is,” and with that, she gave Jongin a peck on his y lips.

In return, jongin lifted her off her feet and spun her around. That had made her heart flatter and they both giggled.

“Promise me something,” he said.

“Sure,” she smiled.

“Don’t leave the milk outside again. Bring it in yourself and watch me by the side.”

She chuckled. “I promise.”

 

The end...

 

Okay, I know this is lame so please bear with me orz What do you think though? Please tell me what do you think by commenting below, neh ^^ I hope you still like it tho lol XD Hope you enjoy this oneshot :)

And and thank you so much for those who subscribed even before I posted the whole chapter! Especially those who upvoted just by reading the foreword. I am so touched ;___; lemme hug you all /group hug/