Ten

Ten

Yunho took off the headset and put it down beside the sheet. A piece of paper, with a few verses of lyrics it was, but he smiled down at it, remembering the precious performances that went with each song. For the lyrics were not romantic, as had been the rest of their songs; they were the names of the songs they had released over the course of ten years. Accordingly, the song was titled ‘TEN’.

Yunho let his lips relax as he turned around, only to see Changmin giving the lyrics the same sad smile as he was giving them a moment ago. After Changmin, too, looked up, he saw that Yunho’s eyes were moist with small tears.

He understood, perfectly, as he himself felt the same, the emotions that trickled down his friend’s spine and diffused across his limbs. He racked his brains for an appropriate thing to say, but he quickly realized that it was best to stay silent.

Their tenth anniversary was a few days away.

Ten years ago, five boys prepared together for their entrance to the rocky road that was the entertainment business. Over the years, the road widened as it gathered steepness. Until, four years ago, the road split into two. Both roads carried on into showbiz, but they were different, each with its own obstacles and benefits. Three men went down the diverging path, while the remaining two decided to continue in the road most similar to the one they had been accustomed to. All five men had decided to leave it to fate to decide on when their respective roads should meet, and it was inevitable that each road would unite with the other.