Ice and Fire Storm

Ice and Fire Storm

 

Ice and Fire Storm.

It was a cold night, the treetops were covered with snow and the wind was blowing fiercely over your hair. Your cheeks were freezing and you were trying to keep them warm brushing your gloves against them.

The snow continued falling on the dark streets and it seemed that a storm was coming; which made you stop your way home to find a place to stay. You looked around and found a little coffee shop, the one that would be your refuge.

You opened the door of the coffee shop and heard the little bell ringing coming from the frame. It was a little and warming place, with walls and floors made of wood. You puffed your cheeks with air feeling comfortable and removed the snow from your boots so you wouldn’t dirty the place.

You were the only customer at that place, which wasn’t weird because it was very late and you just had gone out of work. You worked as a waitress at a similar coffee shop, so you worked till late and you were on your way home.

“Excuse me, is there anyone there?” You stuttered trembling walking to what it seemed the kitchen.

“Hi!” A young man answered nicely making you jump of scare since he appeared so suddenly out of nowhere.

You looked at him from head to toe. He was about your age, not very tall; even then, he was very handsome. His black hair falling perfectly on his forehead to the side and his white teeth showing a beautiful smile made him irresistible. He looked nice and friendly, simulating a little hamster. He was wearing his waiter’s uniform with a little black apron on the front and a neat white buttoned t-shirt that had folded the sleeves to his elbows, showing his worked arm muscles.

“Hi!” You finally answered with a sincere smile to that handsome guy and took a seat. You took the menu and scanned it looking for something to drink.

“What would you like to have young lady? We have coffee, tea, hot chocolate and frappes. But I don’t think you’d like to order a frappe with this weather.” He chuckled.

 “Oh! And we also have the best desserts ever! Seriously, the desserts are delicious.” He smiled widely. “I’ll tell you a secret, once in a while I eat a slice of chocolate cake being careful that my boss doesn’t find out.” He whispered with a giggle.

“Thanks for the information Minwoo, now I know who’s going to pay me all those missing desserts.” You heard a deep masculine voice coming from a room that you supposed it was an office.

You turned your head and got amused at the tall good looking guy that was walking on your direction. If the waiter was handsome, then the boss was super-hot. His fair skin looked soft like silk, his brown hair was so bright and his piercing and hypnotizing big brown eyes, and for last, there were his soft and thick cherry lips. His clothes in a monotone elegant black made him look like a model that came out from a magazine. 

“Excuse me lady, it wasn’t my intention to scare you. What brings you here this late tonight?” he asked with an enchanting smile taking your breath away.

“I was on the way home, but the ice storm took me by surprise so I came here to take a hot drink meanwhile the storm goes down.” You said shyly. The young man sat down face to face and placed his entwined hands on the table leaning over you lightly.

“Well, in that case, order whatever you want. I’ll pay for it.” He said after clearing his throat.

“No, it’s alright. Thanks, but I can pay it on my own”. You replied waving your hands. Even when you didn’t have that much money, you never liked to be in debt with someone. You still had your pride.

“I insist. I can tell you work at our competition. I’ve heard they don’t pay that well. Even so, take it as a gift for being a special customer.” He said with a gentle voice. You nodded your head in response lost in his sweet eyes. How could you say no?

“Minwoo, hurry up and bring her something to eat and a slice of cake. – he ordered to the other boy.

“Thanks”. You mumbled with your cheeks reddened, not only for the cold but also because of his gentle action.

“You don’t have to thank me. How could I leave a girl freezing in this cold night? By the way, what’s your name? My name is Kwangmin”.

“My name is _________.” You said shyly.

“What a cute name. If you want, I can take you home after you finish eating”. The guy named Kwangmin offered kindly.

“Don’t you think it would be like… too much? I mean, I don’t want to disturb you. I guess you are tired and should also go home. Don’t worry about me”

“You’re not a bother. I feel that I should do it. That’s what I’m supposed to do as a gentleman”. He answered in a polite manner.

After the waiter brought two cups of coffee and the chocolate cake, you just focused yourself in eating in silence. You had always been someone quiet in front of strangers, and since Kwangmin didn’t say a word and you didn’t have the courage to talk to him without stuttering because of his abnormal beauty, you just decided to eat and finish what the waiter had brought.

However, you could feel that piercing eyes staring at you while you were eating. His eyes suddenly became a little darker, or maybe it was the low lighting in the room that made it look like it. Even then, there where intriguing. You felt very curious about that guy that surely was hiding something behind those sweet brown eyes.

Once you finished eating, Kwangmin stood up offering you his hand, the one you took gently. You followed him behind to his car while he was covering you with a long coat, so the snow wouldn’t fall on your clothes.

When you looked at his car you were amazed. It was a red luxury car, one of those you only had seen in magazines that showed the lives of the multimillionaires. Your boss didn’t have that kind of luxuries, and you considered him rich. Kwangmin chuckled at your reaction.

“My parents run a big business. But I decided to start at the beginning with this little coffee shop. Even then, my mother insists in giving me some expensive things”. He shrugged.

He opened the passenger’s door and let you in. Then, he turned the calefaction and the stereo. A slow Yiruma melody played making you beam a little smile.

“Do you like listening to Yiruma?” You asked enthusiastically while he was fastening your seatbelt making your heart beat abnormally fast.

“Yes why? You think it’s boring and antiquated?” he looked you in the eyes. His face was so close to yours shortening your breath.

“No. Actually, I love Yiruma’s melodies. I always listen to them when I’m on way to work. You’re the first person I met that like them as much as I do” You rested your back on your seat keeping a considerate distance from him.

“You’re very different from other girls, you know? I think I like that”. He grinned with satisfaction.

“Thanks… I guess” you mumbled.

“Tell me more about you”. He said calmly while he was driving with high speed down the roadway.

“Well, I work at a little coffee shop and I like Yiruma’s music. I live with my best friend at a little apartment and my dream is to open my own bakery. I love to bake cakes and other kind of desserts” You said in a low voice, almost in a whisper. You didn’t like to talk about your personal life and less if it was a stranger. But you didn’t know why, it was practically impossible to resist to his charms.

“You seem pretty normal”. He said with a poker face.

“Yes, I am. By the way, how will you know where my house is?” You asked confused.

“You’ll see”. He smirked.

After some minutes, the car stopped in front of a big mansion. You felt the fear going down through your spine. You were at a stanger’s house, far away from home and it was past midnight. Kwangmin looked at you gently and opened the door for you. He didn’t seem to have bad intentions, he actually looked too innocent. However, a part of you continued telling you to run away and the other part told you to know him better. You ended accepting his offer and entered his home.

You looked around amazed and you couldn’t believe where you were standing. Everything was decorated with a European antique style with a lot of luxury stuff like floor carpets, chandeliers, big velvet furniture and old paintings.

Kwangmin took your hand and guided you to a library that was at the end of the hallway. He smiled sweetly and let your hand. Then, he walked to a specific area of the bookstand with CD’s.

“I wanted to show you my Yiruma’s collection. You can pick one if you want. You seem to be a fan like me. You’re the first girl of my age that I met that has the same music preferences than mines. So, I’d like to give you one of my collection CD’s as a gift”.

“Thanks” you smiled shyly looking amazed at the big classic music collection in front of your eyes.

“So, would you like to listen to a melody while you choose one?” he sat at the white piano that was in the room.

“That would be great”. You smiled enthusiastically.

He moved his long fingers through the piano keys gracefully and delicately while a sweet melody flew through the air delighted your ears. You came close to him watching his fabulous skills. You were amazed that could really exist a guy like him, even to the point, that you thought you were dreaming. Kwangmin peeked at you and motioned with his fingers offering you to sit next to him.

“Would you like to learn to play this melody?” he asked while he took your hand delicately placing it on the keys.

“Yes!” You exclaimed.

Kwangmin pressed your fingers lightly with his softly on the piano keys unconsciously getting his body closer to you without you knowing either. He guided you to play the melody. When he stopped, you looked up to him only to find his face at some centimeters from yours. Your heart skipped and your breath shortened at the instant.

“You’re so pretty. Did you know that? –he whispered with a deep voice.

Kwangmin got closer and closer until his lips crashed against yours. He brushed his lips lightly with yours but the kiss slowly turned irresistible passionate with his tongue exploring your mouth. Kwangmin pushed you against the wall delicately and continued kissing you so slowly that you couldn’t stop. You weren’t one of those easy girls who let go that simply, but you couldn’t stop even when your head told you so. His lips were so… delicious, making your blood run through your veins at an abnormal speed.

“I’m thirsty. But I’m going to try something different with you” Kwangmin said after breaking the kiss. Your eyes widened in shock at his words and you felt your spine shiver.

Kwangmin took your wrists strongly avoiding you to escape. He was so strong that you felt your bones were going to break. He put his mouth over your neck quickly and pressed his sharp fangs in your vein making your blood flow. A vampire? Do those creatures really exist?

It was a strange feeling while he was drinking your blood, it didn’t hurt you, but you did feel a little weak. In an instant, he stopped. He looked you in the eyes and drying your blood on his lips with his sleeve. You were standing there frozen; no reaction came from your body until he spoke.

“Welcome to my clan, my precious vampiress” He said with a hot smirk.