Broken

Broken

There was a small modest repair shop, with an old rusty sign hanging upon the entrance that read: ‘Yang’s Repair shop’.

A bell rang, signaling someone has entered the shop.

„Excuse me, do you repair things? “ Asked the man who entered. He was a man in his twenties with raven black hair parted slightly on the side.

“Yes, we do, may I ask what is broken? “ Answered only slightly older red haired man behind the counter, fiddling with some small device in his hands as he spoke.

“My heart”

There was a heavy silence after that before the young man behind the counter put down the device and heaved a long sigh.

“My, my, that might be a bit troublesome. May I ask how did that happen? “

“Somebody knocked it over and it broke because I didn’t listen to my friend’s advice to put it in a safer place…”

A sad smile spread over Seungho’s face.

“Yes, they did tell you that…”

Byunghee didn’t move further into the shop, feeling oddly pressured as he spoke.

He took a shaky breath as he continued: “Do you think it still can be repaired?”

Seeing the other refused to come any closer, Seungho walked around the counter with another sigh and moved with calm steps across the shop until he stopped right before Byunghee.

“Well, it won’t hurt to try”

“You might get cut by the broken pieces”

Byunghee retorted, avoiding eye contact ever since he entered the shop.

“I am going to try anyway”

It was only then that Byunghee lifted his eyes from the ground to look into those familiar brown orbs. And he could see that despite the anger and sadness in them there was a strong determination in Seungho’s eyes.

He wanted to say something, to explain himself, but everything got stuck in his throat and refused to leave his mouth.

Seungho pulled Byunghee into a hug reluctantly, as if he was afraid his gesture would be rejected.

 “You know that once I start something I always get my job done, right?”

The nod he felt as Byunghee buried his face into Seungho’s shoulder was the only answer he got.

But it was enough.

Soon after, quiet sobs broke the silence in the room, only to be followed by Seungho’s soft reassuring voice trying to comfort Byunghee.

It was sad, yet Seungho felt warm feelings spread through him. They resembled happiness.

It was a feeling he didn’t feel for a long time.

He knew this feeling might not last and that he was being a bit naïve right now, but the warm body pressed against him that now clung to him made him think that everything was possible.

And with that thought in mind he continued comforting the man in his embrace. And would continue to do so until he was completely fixed. All the broken pieces glued back together.

Even if he got cut by those pieces along the way.

 

------

 

Sorry it's this short... It's 4am right now... ^^;
Anyway I just had to write this down before continuing anything. (or sleeping *nervous laughter*)

I have many more 87line multi-chaptered works in progress (and yet unwritten ideas), but they are nowhere near finished, so this will have to do for the meantime. ><