Finale

Good Morning

Baekhyun is tired of this bull.

Monday . . .

Wu (he has no idea why humans have two names and why Kris found it necessary to give him his) Baekhyun, Cyborg 920506, had about enough with his owner's tendency of waking up extremely late. Who sleeps past nine in the morning? Humans are ridiculous and he's annoyed. He finished his overnight recharge two hours ago and Kris should have as well. Yet the six foot one, twenty-eight year old human male is still knocked out on his bed. Baekhyun almost thought he was dead if he didn't see the rise and fall of his chest. He repeatedly pokes the sleeping human and recoils when Kris just brushes him off with his strangely large hands.

Kris has been asleep for almost ten hours and nononono, this is not good. He could kill his battery or rust his shell or he could stay like that forever. Baekhyun lets out a whimper at the thought of his master no longer waking up. He loves (he constantly read the definition in his database, and made sure he is using it in the correct term) his master and he will continue to love him if just wakes the hell up. Sehun, Cyborg 940412, told him how his master, Zhang Yixing, always had a healthy eight hours of sleep every day and since he wakes up early, they are able to spend the day together. So what is wrong with Kris? Yixing and Kris are both human, why are they so different?

Baekhyun is bored and he misses Kris and he just wants him to get up so that they could go outside and do things and sfskjlhkshfs. Curse humans who spend most of their days charging. Sometimes Baekhyun is worried about Kris whenever he gets five hours of sleep or less on weekdays when he is expected to go into work (which is rarely, since he is a CEO). He could hear his owner tossing and turning while Baekhyun recharges next to him but Kris was unexpectedly silent last night.

Which is totally why Baekhyun is freaking the out. Wu Yifan better wake up or he'd have to result to drastic measures. No, repeatedly hitting him with a broom (which is what Baekhyun is attempting right now) is not a drastic measure. Baekhyun lets out a squeal as Kris grabs it and flings to across the room before turning his back to his Cyborg and falling back to sleep. He lets out a frustrated sigh. So close, but still so far. He taps his foot with impatience and glares at the breathing lump underneath the covers. He stomps over to the curtains and rips them open, letting out streams of bright light that has no effect on his own eyes. But Kris for that matter...

"Close the goddamn curtains, Baekhyun." A husky voice penetrates through the mountain of blankets. Baekhyun lets out a happy yelp and launches himself onto the bed.

"Master!" He rips off the blankets. "You've been asleep for ten hours, ten minutes and forty seconds and that is a huge problem."

Kris lets out a frustrated growl, "Baekhyun, how many times do I have to tell you that it's normal for a human to sometimes oversleep?"

"This is the fourth time in the last two weeks." Baekhyun whines. He wraps his arms around his owner's torso and lets out a content sigh which gave off a whirring noise from his chest. Kris runs a hand through his bed hair and kisses Baekhyun on the forehead.

"It won't happen again, I'm sorry." He smiles down at the Cyborg.

Tuesday . . .

Baekhyun's chest glows red as he stares at Wu lyingsonofa Yifan on the bed. Asleep. Again. He is laying on his back, his legs and arms spread out, making an X. His position gives off the 'I passed out the minute I laid back' or 'please kick my s.' Baekhyun is convinced it's the latter. He's been asleep for eleven hours, thirteen minutes, and twenty seconds and that is absolutely devastating. He isn't even in his pajamas (scandalous). Baekhyun lets out a noise of disgust and glares his glowing brown eyes at his master.

Baekhyun himself uncharacteristically woke up an hour later than usual and he reminds himself to tell Kris that they should pay a visit to Chanyeol's lab. Just because Kris's battery is fried, doesn't mean he wants his to be. He slowly crawls up onto the bed and places his hand over Kris's battery. It steadily gives off its normal beats and Baekhyun sighs with relief. Kris's battery is squishy and red and is more fragile than his own, he constantly tells his owner to take care of himself and he never seems to listen.

He regularly cooks him healthy breakfasts and dinners that he finds over the internet (God bless the internet) and gives himself a pat on shoulder when Kris happily eats his meals. He feels more like a housewife than a Cyborg. Cyborgs are usually labeled as servants or toys but he is neither and he is content. When he had first tried to ask Kris if he would use him for , Kris had spat out the wine he was drinking and then slipped over the rest of the wine he had spilled. It made Baekhyun laugh for the first time in his artificial life and he knew that Kris is the perfect owner.

But times like this, he wants to strangle him. He rips open the curtains and his confidence deflates when he notices that it is cloudy outside. Kris: 10, Baekhyun: 0, Sky: 100000000000000. Rain steadily hits the window and Baekhyun watches the rain drops slowly slide down the glass. He scowls and taps his fingers on the glass in irritation.

"Baekhyun, quit it." Kris mumbles and puts the pillow over his head. Baekhyun smirks and taps his fingers to the rhythm of Für Elise and skillfully dodges the book that Kris grabs on the night stand and throws at him.

"If you don't stop, I'll make you stay at Jongdae's house again." Kris threatens and Baekhyun lets out his best rendition of a dying cat.

Jongdae is the spawn of evil and he has no idea how Luhan, Cyborg 900420, dealt with that thing for five years. He barely survived a day. He is a prankster and his smile oozes with trouble. He woke up to find both of his eyes removed and lets out a scream as to which Luhan calls out with a, "don't tell me you took his eyes, master!" and Jongdae cackles out, "I guess you can say I have his eyes on me." Jongdae, you son of a . Baekhyun immediately called his owner, frantically yelling 'assistance!' because he was too in shock to specifically explain the torture he was going through after successfully retrieving his eyes. The amount of times he crashed into the walls and swore out loud still causes Jongdae to fall over in hysterics to this day.

He crawls into Kris's bed in apology and curls into his side. Anything but Jongdae.

"I miss you." Baekhyun whispers. Kris sighs in defeat and wraps his arms around Baekhyun.

"Five more minutes."

Wednesday . . .

Baekhyun stares at the digital clock on the night stand, counting the seconds until it became exactly eight hours since Kris fell asleep. Last night, Kris had given him the go ahead to wake him up at seven and that they would spend the day together in the park. He happily bounces at the foot of the bed when the clock strikes 6:59 a.m. He crawls towards the peacefully sleeping human and gently takes off the covers.

"Master." Baekhyun purrs and his eyes flicker to the blinking 7:00 a.m. Kris lets out a mumble and turns his back towards Baekhyun. Oh hell no. He straddles him and glares down at the unfazed male.

"Master, wake up." Baekhyun tries again and becomes nervous when he sees the 7:03 a.m. Three minutes too much over the healthy standard.

"Master!" Baekhyun whines and repeatedly shakes him. Kris grumbles and pushes Baekhyun off of him. Baekhyun growls and rips the covers off of Kris and well...

Well, he bites his neck.

Kris lets out a rather unmanly yell and tumbles out of the bed and Baekhyun unfortunately follows. They both groan in pain as their heads make contact and basically form a mental connection. Their arms and legs are tangled within each other and there is a brief awkward silence.

"Did you bite me, Wu Baekhyun?" Kris whispers from underneath the blushing Cyborg. Well from the way his cheeks glow faintly pink, it is most definitely a blush.

"N-No." The small Cyborg responds and doesn't move an inch.

"So when I get up and look in the mirror, I'm not going to have a bruise?" Kris's voice is strangely calm and lacking any trace of being asleep for eight hours and five minutes. Baekhyun lets out a pathetic whimper and practically flies back onto the bed. There is another awkward silence and after a minute of nothing happening, Baekhyun slowly peaks over the edge of the bed.

Kris is asleep on the floor with an arm over his eyes. Kris, you piece of .

Baekhyun does not apologize when he dumps a bucket of cold water on his master an hour later. Kris doesn't apologize either when he dumps him into a cold bath and silently praises Chanyeol for making Baekhyun basically human and waterproof so he has no reason to worry about damaging anything. But they both considerably warm up after a session of angry , of course.

Thursday . . .

Baekhyun is shocked when he doesn't find Wu Yifan by his side when he finishes recharging. He did not sense him leave the bed and he is most sure that he was by his side when he shut down.

"Kris?" Baekhyun whispers and looks at the time to see it is 10:00 a.m. He quickly yelps and almost rips the cables out of his back when he gets out of bed. This time it is he that over charged and Baekhyun is ashamed with himself. This usually does not happen but he blushes when he remembers their activities yesterday which unfortunately did not involve going outside for as long as he wanted. Probably because he is sore as hell.

He strains his mechanical ears to hear any noises in the apartment and finds a soft noise coming from the front of the house, but it does not sound like Kris. He frowns and walks out of the room after changing into his pajamas that were still on the floor. He tip toes through the hallway and towards the living room, half expecting an ax murderer or Kim Jongdae. He prays for the ax murderer.

He is most definitely wishing it was an ax murderer when he finds Kris sleeping on the couch. This is so, so much worse. This is the third day straight and Baekhyun is overly worried. Something is not right for Kris to be sleeping so much. He quickly walks back to their shared room and grabs the house phone.

He dials Kim Joonmyeon, doctor and longtime friend to the cyborg-human duo, and patiently waits for him to pick up.

"Hello?" A cheerful voice answers and Baekhyun scowls. Why can't Kris sound like that in the morning? The little .

"Joonmyeon," Baekhyun wipes the scowl off his face. "It's Baekhyun, Cybo"

"You don't have to tell me your serial number every time you talk to me, Baek." Joonmyeon chuckles. Baekhyun blushes and clears his throat.

"I have a question concerning human health." Baekhyun is serious and is using his 'talk , get hit' voice which Kris and Chanyeol kindly labeled.

"...What is it?" Joonmyeon sounds cautious because this is most certainly a phone call about Kris.

"Master has been over sleeping lately." Baekhyun exhales, getting it off his chest. There is a moment of silence and Baekhyun inwardly freaks out. This must be worse than he tho

"And?" Joonmyeon breaks the silence.

"Humans are supposed to sleep eight hours a day and that is the healthy recharge period and

"Baekhyun, slow down." Baekhyun can sense Joonmyeon shaking his head in amusement.

"it isn't healthy to sleep so much what if he has anemia or—"

"Kris is a healthy, human male, Baekhyun, and you made sure of that." Joonmyeon reassures him, referring to the healthy meals and daily exercises they partake in.

"Zitao tells me that you sleep just as much as he does and why the hell can't Kris be like you guys?" Baekhyun huffs in annoyance.

"Kris is just naturally lazy." Joonmyeon laughs and Baekhyun swears he can hear Zitao, Cyborg 930502, snickering.

"But I miss him and I love him and I want to do things." Baekhyun whines and visibly deflates at Joonmyeon's continuous laughing.

"So, go wake him up."

"It's not so easy." Baekhyun growls.

"So, grab his balls or something!" Zitao's comment in the background causes Joonmyeon to drop his phone and splutter out apologizes for Zitao's straightforwardness. Baekhyun blinks before hanging up. Those two are complete opposites but Zitao is a better help than Kim Joonmyeon. Zitao was able to help in five seconds while Joonmyeon couldn't even help him in five minutes. Zitao: 1000000, Joonmyeon: negative 12.

Kris' eyes are wider than dinner plates when he wakes up to find Baekhyun's hand between his legs. He is glad that he is a CEO or he would have been fired coming into work looking like he just had great (you bet your he did).

Friday . . .

Baekhyun realizes that the best way to wake up his master is through ual stimulation. There is not a problem with this and Baekhyun is not shy. Which is why he feels no shame with his pale hands underneath Kris' shirt, running them down his torso. Kris shivers but does not awaken from his state of sleep. Baekhyun his teeth and sits back up, removing his hands from underneath the shirt. He didn't really want to resort to touching his master's s again because it is quite messy and the stains refuse to come out.

He crosses his arms and stares sadly out the window. It is such a beautiful day outside and he could be outside spending it with his master and lover. But the stubborn buffalo is currently asleep and could not be awaken even by a blow horn if Baekhyun actually knew how to play one. Maybe he could alter his voice to sound like one and recite The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe in his ear. That would be a wonderful sight to see. Maybe he could record it.

Kris groans and shifts in his sleep, almost knocking off Baekhyun who is straddling his waist.

"Master!" Baekhyun says as loud as he can. Kris frowns for a second but nothing else happens.

"You should be fully recharged, why are you asleep?" Baekhyun whines and doesn't realize he's bouncing in annoyance. Another groan ripples out of Kris' chest and he lazily opens one eye to see Baekhyun looking like he is ing the life out of him.

"Are you every morning, or what?" Kris' husky voices scares the crap out of Baekhyun and he scrambles off his waist.

"N-No!" Baekhyun squeaks and glares at him. "I wanted you to wake up."

"You've been wanting that a lot, lately." Kris grunts and sits up.

"You've been sleeping so much lately that we haven't been together as much as I'd like." Baekhyun whispers sadly and slides off the bed. He ignores Kris' call for him and he leaves the room.

When Kris carelessly jumps out of bed and almost destroys poor Mr. lamp in his accidental rendition of Godzilla destroying Tokyo as he attempts to chase after Baekhyun. After he removes his legs from the blanket and whips the door open, Baekhyun is nowhere to be found.

He spends five hours trying to find him and there is not a trace of him anywhere. He lets out a defeated whimper as he closes the bedroom door and slides down against the door. His eyes flicker to the cables laying innocently next to his bed and he curses so much in so many languages that somewhere Joonmyeon is blushing.

He speed dials Park Chanyeol and snarls into the phone, "Baekhyun is missing and he didn't take his charger with him."

He promises to Chanyeol that has the full one hundred percent right to kick his so hard he turns American after they find his tiny Cyborg.

Saturday . . .

Kris awakes at seven a.m sharp and it isn't because of Baekhyun. Well, actually it is but indirectly. He is awaken by his broken heart and throbbing bruised cheek. Chanyeol has a sick right hook. Fortunately, he did not turn American. He enjoys his beautifully sculptured Chinese-Canadian face. He sighs sadly and sits up. He looks at his miserable state in the mirror and is inwardly glad that Baekhyun didn't see Chanyeol give him the ol' razzle dazzle.

He looks to the right of the bed to see it lacking the charging cables and he holds back the tears because he is a man.

On second thought, screw being a man. Kris lets out the tears and punches the wall in frustration. He so desperately wanted to change but he just couldn't help it. Being lazy in the morning is just who he is as a person and Baekhyun did not realize that because let's face it, we're talking about a Cyborg who screamed when he saw Kris shaving. He frantically asked Kris if he was committing suicide and it took two hours to calm him down. Baekhyun wouldn't let him out of his sight for days until Kyungsoo (God bless his soul) gave him the basics of human life with patience since he works as a teacher for Cyborg students at a nearby university. Kris sometimes wishes he had Kyungsoo's Cyborg, Xiumin, because he is calm and collective but whenever Kris sees Baekhyun's face, he would take it back immediately.

He hesitantly picks up his phone and chooses the option to connect with the mental state of his Cyborg (which was how he managed to find Baekhyun yesterday). He hesitantly types 'I woke up at seven a.m. sharp today' and sends it before throwing his phone across the room. He pulls his legs to his chest and sighs. He goes to work with a heavy heart and a clouded mind.

Thirty minutes away, Baekhyun opens his eyes and smiles softly.

Sunday . . .

Kris rubs his eyes with fatigue as he sits up. He sees the 7:00 a.m. glaring at the corner of his right eye. He vaguely registers a warm, whirring body close to his and he groans.

"Now I'm hearing things." Kris scowls and gets out of bed. He opens the curtain and hisses at the bright light giving him a back hand slap across his eyes.

"Master, it's not safe for the human eyes to directly stare into the sun." A soft voice chastises him from behind. Kris jumps practically a hundred feet into the air and he turns around, slamming his back onto the glass in shock. He sees a radiant Baekhyun, grinning up at him with the most beautiful eye smile and Kris finds himself falling in love again. Hell, he falls in love with Baekhyun every time he blinks.

Baekhyun removes the cables from his back and sits more comfortably, looking at his owner.

"W-When did you come back?" Kris' voice cracks.

"Last night," Baekhyun whispers and plays with the hem of his shirt. "Chanyeol's lab is cold and lonely and I missed you." Kris' heart clenches at the raw emotion that a damn non-human has and Kris has to remind himself as to what Baekhyun actually is.

"I missed you too." Kris whispers and hesitantly walks to the bed.

"I got your message yesterday." Baekhyun stares at him with so much adoration and admiration that Kris wants to vomit and kiss him at the same time. Not vomit on him while he kisses him, that's disgusting.

"My body realized that I was so lonely and woke me up earlier than usual." Kris says and he knows that it doesn't logically make sense, but it makes sense right now and to them, so shut your mouth. Baekhyun happily pounces on his master and Kris makes no move to let him go any time soon.

"I'm sorry." Kris mouthed into the Cyborg's neck.

"Can we go to the park today?" Baekhyun asks cautiously.

"Yeah and you can feed the birds if you want." Kris chuckles. Baekhyun lets out a loud victory cry as he leaves Kris' arms and goes to get dressed. He'd been waiting a damn week and nothing will stop him.

Maybe the door that he ran into stopped him but only that will stop him and nothing else.

Next week and for the rest of his life . . .

Baekhyun doesn't mind dealing with Kris' bull anymore.