The New World

NeoPolis: The Fortresses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 785, 300 years after the tragedy that befall upon the human race. A new world stood on the face of the earth. A place where the surviving races of the former world built the ultimate foundations bound to protect what’s left of mankind.  The three Fortresses.

            The Fortresses are made up of 3 armed walls that surround the whole NeoPolis- the new integrated state instituted by the king. The first and the outermost Fortress is called as the “Cloak”. The people living within its vicinity are mostly farmers and miners. It is also where the city of Aurum, a place rich in gold and other minerals, belongs to.

            Next to Cloak is known as the “Elder” Fortress.  It is a lot wider in terms of wall width and tougher than the outermost Fortress. Human activities within this wall are more centralized. It is consisted of entrepreneurs, mercenaries and small scale merchants. Phion, a polis found east of the Elder Fortress is the center of Military training for aspiring soldiers.

            Lastly, the innermost Fortress, Elixir, is three times stronger and wider than the Elder Fortress. But due to the minimal extensive property of the armed wall Elixir, the size of useable land is also limited in comparison to the land area covered by the first two Fortresses. Because of this a small number of people can settle within this wall, mostly occupied by the family of the King and all the other nobles. The state within the Elixir wall, serves as the center of law and governance for the whole NeoPolis.

            For the next 100 years, the people lived as peaceful as possible within these walls. No incidences of chimaera attacks were recorded and it didn’t even take that long before the people of NeoPolis forget the tragedy of mankind centuries ago. They continued living their lives with the perception of false security... not until that day.

_______________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter