15. Baekhyun

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day Kyungsoo insisted on going home with me.

 

I knew Aeryo were on duty that day and it would take some time before she would be home.

 

As I opened the door to our apartment, I heard a little whistle escaped his mouth.

 

"It's a fancy place your parents have found you two", he said.

 

"Yeah I guess", I just said. Kyungsoo's parents weren't as rich as the other of us. His dad was a principal in an elite middle school and his mom was a university professor.

 

He threw himself on the couch. I placed myself in the armchair.

 

"Dude.. About today", he started.

 

"Yeah yeah I know", I interrupted.

 

“I know it was all heroic and all but are you trying to blow your cover? I thought you wanted to get out of this whole marriage thing!”He said a bit aggravated, “Chanyeol was just about to go in there and stop it”.

 

“Yeah I don’t know. I just…” I said and ruffled my hair.

 

“You just went in there like a shining knight saving his princess”, Kyungsoo said his face looking annoyed.

 

"Stop making it sound like that. She was just a girl who were being pestered by some creepy, disgusting guy and I went in there like any other guy would have and made him go away. Simple as that”, I countered.

 

“You know I’m not against this marriage thing but if you want to get out of it, you need to control yourself. The boys are already questioning why you’re not hooking up with girls anymore”, Kyungsoo sighed.

 

Then he continued, “You know there’s nothing wrong with falling in love with her again Baek”.

 

“Will you please? I don’t want to go back to THAT girl. Just no”, I snickered.

 

Why were he bringing this up now?

 

"I maybe once felt like she was the one but she just went and threw all that away", I said, not wanting to continue the conversation.

 

"I'm just telling you it would be okay but I'm just saying what I think", he shrugged, knowing the topic was finished.

 

And then Aeryo walked in. How long had she been home? From the rosy blush on her cheeks it seemed like only a few seconds.

 

"Hi Aeryo-ssi", Kyungsoo said and gave her a polite smile.

 

"Hi", she said looking a bit embarrassed. "Sorry if I interrupted anything", she said and quickly grabbed the books that were lying on sofa table.

 

She was acting strange but I excused it with just her being weird.

 

Then she excused herself.






 

The weekend had went by with us doing our own things but monday morning she was acting even weirder than before. After friday, she was acting even more out of character than normal.

 

I watched her, munching on my cereal, as she moved around the kitchen preparing breakfast for herself.

 

Whenever she saw me looking at her she ignored me.

 

She simply ignored me and pretended that I wasn’t there.

 

It kind of agitated me a bit. Nothing weird out of the line happened throughout the weekend and it was starting to get on my nerves that I was air to her. I wasn’t air to anyone.

 

I finished my breakfast and went over to the sink where she was standing. It reminded me of the day before yesterday, where I when she cooked.

I smirked. Let’s see if she will be ignoring me for much longer.

 

I put my dishes in the sink as if I was giving her a back hug. She stiffened under my touch as I started to wash them, humming in her ear.

 

But she just wiggled out of my embrace and walked away.

 

I was fuming. So you want to play this game? Well game on girl. I’m not going to lose to your pretty .





 

We both drove separately to school as always. And this day I was part of the main entrance guys.

 

As always the girls were sighing after our handsome faces but I wasn’t really noticing all the girls in the crowd.

 

My eyes were on one girl only and that girl was still ignoring me. It was so frustrating!

 

It’s not because it's her ignoring you but because no girl ignores you. Not even the prude Jang Aeryo. This isn’t for her but a question about pride, I told myself.

 

Her school bag looked heavy and she was holding it underneath, so ease the weight off her shoulder. That gave me an idea.

 

Trying not to look too suspicious, I asked some of the other girls if their bag was heavy and without looking too obvious I was walking next to Aeryo.

 

I turned to her as if I just had noticed her presence.

 

"Oh your bag looks heavy Aeryo-ssi", I said with my charmer voice, "here let me help you with it".

 

I took the heavy bag off her shoulder before she could even say something and started walking towards her class.

 

"What are you doing?" She hissed but not loudly enough for others to hear. I glanced to her and saw her trying to keep her composure.

 

"I  am just being a gentleman, helping a girl in need", I said innocently. In the background I could see Kyungsoo face palming himself, giving up on life.

 

"I am capable of carrying it myself thank you", she said with a fake but restrained smile.

 

She was glancing around with her deep brown eyes, obviously annoyed.

 

I smirked. Oh how I was enjoying this.

 

"Well if you won't accept help from a good man then I'm sorry for the inconvenience", I said, handing her the bag.

 

"Well not all women are damsels in distress Baekhyun-ssi", she said through gritted teeth, "I am capable of taking care of myself thank you”.

 

She glared at me but not too hard. We were surrounded by girls, who were looking jealously at her but at the same time they were shocked of her rejecting me.

 

I shrugged, “Well then my efforts have gone to waste”. I took another girl by the hand and said with big eyes, “Would you also reject my help?”

 

She shook her head, her eyes big and cheeks flushed. I gave her a heartwarming smile and kissed her hand, then let it slip through my hand.

 

“Oh it won't be long before the bell rings, so we better get to class”, I said not particularly to anyone. Aeryo had already walked away with an eyeroll.

 

Chanyeol swung an arm around my neck, grinning from ear to ear.

 

“What was that all about?”, he laughed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter